PDA

View Full Version : Number of Turns / Review

Pebot
2008-10-30, 04:34 PM
I was wondering how many turns have gone by, so I went though and made a little review that helped me remember whats going on.

Day 1
Stanley's Turn

Manpower gets killed in The Battle of Warchalking
Wanda Uncroaks Manpower as a uncroaked overload
Wanda and Stanley have a nice chat about the perfect overlord spell

Ansom's Turn

Jillian meets up with the coalition

Day 2
Ansom's Turn

Jillian goes for a scouting mission for Ansom
Jillian croaks 3 inf and 1 twoll scout, reports via hat. (cord. x -1214 y +455)

Day 3
Stanly's Turn

Wanda gets "Summon Perfect Warlord" spell
Wanda gets Sizemore in The Magic Kingdom
Jillian gets captured by Stanley's Dwagons
Wanda casts the "Summon Perfect Warlord" spell
Enter Parson

Ansom's Turn

Rest of allies reach the coalition's column
Ansom tells allies the plan
Ansom sends Webinar to follow Jillian
Webinar croaks spidew patrol.
Webinar finds Jillian's items

Day 4
Stanly's Turn

They release Jillian and hope to trap Ansom

Ansom's Turn

Allied with Charlie
Charlie sends Archons to x -1218, y +467
Ansom stays with column and does not fall for the trap

Day 5
Stanly's Turn

Attacked Siege (40% of siege destroyed)
Parson sets up another trap for Ansom in a fort like defence for the weak dwagons, but puts the weak dwagons by the lake instead.
Jillian and Webinar threaten each other.

Ansom's Turn

Ansom falls for Parson's trap and attacks the middle of the fort
Jillian tricks Webinar to search hexes at zero degrees and for Dora to seach hexes at 180 degrees. Jillian then leaves that hex.
Jillian tries to save Ansom
Jillian finds dwagons
Wanda's spell on Jillian breaks
Jillian, Ansom and Co. croak leader/dwagons

Day 6
Stanly's Turn

Tool leaves Gobwin Knob with all dwagons left
Misty dies

Ansom's Turn

Marbits are in tunnels now
Jillian knows where Tool is headed

Day 7
Stanly's Turn

Tool continues to fly
Skirmishes happen in the tunnels
Parson contacts Charlie, and Ansom

Ansom's Turn

Jillian goes off on a mission to kill Tool
Webinar is sent off to the tunnels
Jillian faces Wanda
Parson makes a deal with Charlie
Vinny gets the Don to send out Commanders and allies with Transylvtian
Ansom and Jillian allies with Transylvtian to be able to move before Stanly

Day 8
Transylvtian's Turn

Commanders meet up at pass

Charlie's Turn

Charlie's forces reaches Gobwin Knob

Stanly's Turn

Battle in tunnels
Sizemore wins
Wanda turns all croaked units in tunnels to uncroaked units
Parson sets all uncroaked units to walls
Battle before Faq
Jack gets better
Jack helps Stanly flee a possible a lost battle

Olibarro
2008-10-30, 04:41 PM
Thank you for doing that.

DevilDan
2008-10-30, 04:51 PM
As far as I can tell, Jillian didn't fly off to Transylvito. She met the Transylvito forces somewhere in the field, probably at the same hex where they faced Stanley.

teratorn
2008-10-30, 05:05 PM
Nice. Just one thing, to make things less confusing better call them days, and then split those into each side's turn.

Pebot
2008-10-30, 05:41 PM
hope that looks better :tongue:

Pebot
2008-10-30, 06:25 PM
@DevilDan

I'm not sure exactly, but Jillian was at Transylvtian(or atlease with Vinny when they talked to the Don.) if you see this (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/erf0111.html) page on panal 3,4 and 8, you see Jillian in the background.

Not exactly whos turn that was, or what I'm just assuming at this point

besides it wasn't suppose to be a good review or what not, i'm just procrastinating on more important stuff. :smallsmile:

DevilDan
2008-10-30, 06:28 PM
@DevilDan

I'm not sure exactly, but Jillian was at Transylvtian(or atlease with Vinny when they talked to the Don. if you see this (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/erf0111.html) page on panal 3,4 and 8, you see Jillian in the background.

Not exactly whos turn that was, or what I'm just assuming at this point

I don't know whose turn it was, but the figure with Don King was the thinkamancer allowing him to communicate with Vinny; Don King's in his throne room while Vinny is clearly out in the field.

teratorn
2008-10-30, 06:56 PM
There's a problem here. In day two you put Jillian's turn before Stanley. Now we know from day one that Jillian was on Ansom's turn (she had move left). Now either we are missing a day (Jill sleeps in the forest before Wanda going to the MK?) or this is a booper.

K2
2008-10-30, 11:42 PM
There's a problem here. In day two you put Jillian's turn before Stanley. Now we know from day one that Jillian was on Ansom's turn (she had move left). Now either we are missing a day (Jill sleeps in the forest before Wanda going to the MK?) or this is a booper.

I think its a booper, it would e odd for Jillian to break her alliance with Ansom just so she could scout for him. Tough it is possible.

dr pepper
2008-10-31, 02:53 AM
Some things you should add

Webinar croaks spidew patrol.

Jillian croaks twoll scout, reports via hat.

Jillian and Webinar threaten each other.

Pebot
2008-10-31, 12:51 PM
For Jillian's turn I don't know, in the comic she leaves at dawn, and it has to be before Stanly's turn because Stanly captures her.

I have a guess, that she is a barbadian and can take her turn whenever she wants, but that is a large assumption.

The idea that she unallied with Ansom is a good possibility though.

and yeah, DevilDan your right I'm wrong, I never noticed that. that makes a lot more sense !

SteveMB
2008-10-31, 01:24 PM
For Jillian's turn I don't know, in the comic she leaves at dawn, and it has to be before Stanly's turn because Stanly captures her.

I don't see any indication that she leaves (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/erf0009.html) at dawn; it's simpler to assume that she leaves when Ansom's turn starts.

As for her capture, that happened after her side's turn ended (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/erf0024.html) while she was still out scouting.

x1372
2008-10-31, 01:32 PM
I'm pretty sure you're off by a day.

On day 1, ansom said that the rest of the column would arrive in two turns.
http://www.giantitp.com/comics/erf0008.html

This leaves the possibility that nothing major happened in Stanley's camp that next day, and the jillian went scouting on Ansom's turn. The following day, (day 3) everything else on your day 2 happens, and all of the rest of your turns are off by one.

DevilDan
2008-10-31, 01:59 PM
I see... either we skipped a whole turn of GK action (that is, it passed unseen) or Gillian split off ahead of GK's turn, as a barbarian. Certainly she must have left before GK's turn because she "ended turn" before the turn in which Stanley captured her.

teratorn
2008-10-31, 03:32 PM
As for her capture, that happened after her side's turn ended (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/erf0024.html) while she was still out scouting.

But after her side's turn end comes the night, and only after that Stanley's turn. And I don't understand the point about move if she was going to sleep away from the column.

The only way for this to make sense would be for her to be captured during her turn, and only transferred to GK in the morning, during GK's turn.

DevilDan
2008-10-31, 05:51 PM
But after her side's turn end comes the night, and only after that Stanley's turn. And I don't understand the point about move if she was going to sleep away from the column.

The only way for this to make sense would be for her to be captured during her turn, and only transferred to GK in the morning, during GK's turn.

Because Stanley claims that he actively went after her, we can only assume that the capture occurred during GK's turn. (Sure, he could be lying, but he doesn't need to lie to feed his own ego. He can attribute even the greatest stroke of luck or providence to his own skills or to the will of the Titans.)

Either we passed an entire GK turn without seeing any of the action or Jill got her own turn. The more I think about it, the likelier it seems that she split off from the coalition (though we don't understand the mechanism) and that her turn began before GK's turn. Then Stanley "pulled together" a group of dwagons--he knew exactly where she was thanks to the Eyemancers--and captured her. Webinar set out during the coalition turn. Every group (well, Charlescomm and Transylvito) that has joined the conflict has gotten a turn preceding GK and the RCC. This would put Jill's hypothetical barbarian turn in the right spot, chronologically.

Pebot
2008-10-31, 08:09 PM
So I liked the idea that we "miss" a turn for Stanly because Ansom did say the the other elfs would take 2 turns to get there, so I set it up that Jillian moves on Ansom's turn. then the next turn Stanly captures Jillian, and then Webinar is sent out to help Jillian. and then finds the items.

the problem I have with this is that, Jillian says the her gwiffin has 52 move, with the Orly reduces by 8 (making it 44) that would have to assume that Webinar was able to move 44 during Ansom's turn.

I'm not sure exactly what happened, but I set it up to miss a turn, again I do enjoy the criticism do keep it coming. ( wasn't planing on it to be a big deal but I enjoy the comments)

DevilDan
2008-10-31, 08:30 PM
So I liked the idea that we "miss" a turn for Stanly because Ansom did say the the other elfs would take 2 turns to get there, so I set it up that Jillian moves on Ansom's turn. then the next turn Stanly captures Jillian, and then Webinar is sent out to help Jillian. and then finds the items.

the problem I have with this is that, Jillian says the her gwiffin has 52 move, with the Orly reduces by 8 (making it 44) that would have to assume that Webinar was able to move 44 during Ansom's turn.

I'm not sure exactly what happened, but I set it up to miss a turn, again I do enjoy the criticism do keep it coming. ( wasn't planing on it to be a big deal but I enjoy the comments)

If she was scouting she wouldn't have followed a straight line (yes, not convincing but feasible.)

TigerHunter
2008-10-31, 08:44 PM
Day 3: Jillian was captured on Stanley's turn, not Ansom's.

Pebot
2008-10-31, 11:21 PM
If she was scouting she wouldn't have followed a straight line (yes, not convincing but feasible.)

I like it. it is feasible which is enough

and yes, i set it so that jillian was captured during stanly's turn, it's just which turn it was is the question we are asking.

DevilDan
2008-11-01, 01:09 AM
I like it. it is feasible which is enough

and yes, i set it so that jillian was captured during stanly's turn, it's just which turn it was is the question we are asking.

We'll never know until the "Gods" reveal to us either that Jillian got her own pre-GK turn as a barbarian or that there was an un-chronicled Gk turn.