PDA

View Full Version : Getting threads moved

kamikasei
2008-10-31, 05:08 AM
If you see a thread that's clearly in the wrong forum, what's the proper way to bring it to a mod's attention? "Report this post" says it's only for things like spam, flaming, harrassment etc, PMing either a mod or the OP seems like overkill (especially as they're not helpfully collated like reports), and I'm concerned that posting in the thread to say "should this be in forum X?" skirts vigilante modding.

InaVegt
2008-10-31, 05:47 AM
PMing a mod would, most likely, be the best solution.

Jimorian
2008-10-31, 07:05 AM
There was a thread about reporting other minor issues, and the mods stated that despite the warning about only using the report button for those particular offenses, that is the proper way to bring all other matters to the mods' attention because it does make tracking so much easier.

kamikasei
2008-10-31, 08:24 AM
I'll try that then, thanks.

Haruki-kun
2008-10-31, 08:46 PM
There was a thread about reporting other minor issues, and the mods stated that despite the warning about only using the report button for those particular offenses, that is the proper way to bring all other matters to the mods' attention because it does make tracking so much easier.

I understand the warning about reporting being only for serious offenses is there by default, so the report button is useful for minor stuff, too.

.....slight speculation. But that's what I've read around Board issues.