PDA

View Full Version : Christian Children's Fund Rejection

VetMichael
2008-11-01, 01:10 PM
After reading the Giant's post about CCF rejecting the GenCon donation, I sent a very angry email to the organization (I so wanted to say "jerks" there) registering my displeasure at their rejection. They sent back an automated reply (which I deleted in my ire but essentially said something along the lines of) "we are a private charity and reserve the right to reject donations. This in no way reflects our personal feelings towards GenCon, gamers, or Mr. Gygax. We simply do not accept gifts from organizations we are not represented by." :smallmad:

What a load of B.S. - so, if an office pool gets together an has a bake sale to raise funds for the CCF, they'll reject it? If a few friends and I purchase books whose proceeds to to the CCF, they'll reject it? :smallconfused:
I just don't understand why they don't have the backbone to come out and say what they really mean; "you Dungeons and Dragons are devil-worshippers with your dice o' Satan and your books of Beelzebub, and your reference sheets of Lucifer...and...and your intimate knowledge of pre-Christian and non-Christian mythology. Plus Geeks scare us for some reason. We'd rather let children starve for lack of money than to taint their immortal little souls with geek-money; God might not let them into heaven if we did, then where would they be?"
I hate hypocrites who are cowards to boot. :smallfurious:

Thanks for the rant space! Cheers!:smallannoyed:

Deathslayer7
2008-11-01, 01:47 PM
i seez you! :smallbiggrin:

and as he said. it has been stickied.

Moff Chumley
2008-11-01, 04:56 PM
Try to keep this away from the religious aspect. As much as I agree with you, I think there are justifications. (IE, excepting the donation might scare off some of their more conservative patrons.)

largertyler
2008-11-03, 10:31 AM
Warning this will sound very mad

Ok what! Money is money! Do they wanna help those kids or not? Do they think something like the devil I being printed my the demon printing press of Wizards, and the devil is looking at this going Bu ha ha ha ha I will soon be in the homes of all the people who play this game my plan for global domination is finally coming to fruition mu ha ha ha ha!" If the devil really wanted to have something to put himself into that will shlowy rot the people and kill them, and lts of other bad stuff I'd say look no further than the cheese burger. I think there is plenty of devil in that. Christian fund stop takeing money from burger joints IT'S THE DEVILS FOOD MU HA HA HA HA!