PDA

View Full Version : Assassin warforged components

Drascin
2008-11-11, 03:42 PM
I was wondering if the good smart people of the Playground could help me with a little problem I have. Y'see, I have the custom of giving each of my players some personalized stuff each campaign, things that suit their character and gives them that little touch of mechanical distinction - custom PrCs, special artifacts, templates... whatever, really.

In my latest campaign, one of my players happens to be a Warforged Rogue/Assassin. He has told me repeteadly that he would love to make use of the chance that he's a 'forged to get some cool enhancements, "I wanna mod myself, magitek style!", he told me literally.

However, I'm a bit stumped as to what to give him that is in line with the assassin concept. What could be some good ideas? I accept official components, third party, or homebrew equally. You don't need to be too shy with the power, either, because as much as I keep telling him that Assassin is a pretty bad class for his character and he should just go Shadow Swordsage or something given he's more interested in the Sneaks and the stabbing people in the back thing than the skillmonkeying anyway, he doesn't want to hear any of it, and I'd like to at least give him a semblance of usefulness :smallsigh:.

For now, he already got an artificer to make his daggers into hidden retractile blades in his wrists (think Assassin's Creed) for sneaking weapons into places, as a bit of a mini-bonus before he starts getting the real stuff, but I intend to give him quite a few more neat toys. Being a sneaker, I thought of a kind of cloaking device as well, for temporal invisibility, or a Synesthete Bubble magic eye to be able to see in total or even magical darkness without a hitch, by tactile location, and such other gadgets. But I need more, better ideas. Suggestions?

SurlySeraph
2008-11-11, 08:22 PM
A built-in grappling hook is always good.
A switchblade that jabs out of some random part of his body.
A built-in garotte (using the stats from Complete Scoundrel) would work well.
An automated identification-papers-forgery device built into his chest.
Some kind of tracking system that gives him a bonus to Spot and Survival checks when pursuing a designated target that he has seen.

Fax Celestis
2008-11-11, 08:58 PM
NO idea what book its in, but there's a component that lets you embed a wand in your arm. Any assassin spell is wandable, since they only go up to 4th, so if he's got a favorite or a signature spell, let him do that and toss the wand inside.

EDIT: Alternatively, let him do two--one on each arm. Put a wand in one, and put the rod of ropes from CScn in the other. Now you have Bionic Commando.

starwoof
2008-11-11, 09:01 PM
Chest compartment filled with smoke bombs.
Shuriken/Needle cannon built into his arm.
Spring-loaded heels.
Fans built into his back that always make his cloak billow in the wind.

EDIT: Shadow generator built into his forearm that he can activate to project a cloud of magical darkness in a radius.
A detachable eye that works as a scout.
Poison needle breath weapon.
Cloaking Field.
Oil Slick.
Head enhancement that makes him undetectable by magical means.

Shades of Gray
2008-11-11, 10:06 PM
Removable Eye camera.

Suction boots.

Doresain
2008-11-11, 11:47 PM
a force gun and a desire to destroy all the pathetic meatbags simply to end that annoying sloshing noise

VerdugoExplode
2008-11-12, 12:27 AM
I vote for anything that involves invisibility. Invisibility solves all problems, especially for someone who relies on stealth. See an enemy? Sneak up invisible. Losing a battle? Sneak away invisible. Don't feel like paying for a meal? Bam, invisible.

Yukitsu
2008-11-12, 12:33 AM
An internal poison manufacturing kit that automatically coats integrated weaponry by the round.

Ravens_cry
2008-11-12, 12:59 AM
A thin line of force that extends between the sides of your thumbs when you hold them together, and then separate.
This is more then a garret, this will slice through anything like a high temperture blade through churned cream.
Do warforged have a scent? or are the impossible to track this way, like certain golems?

BobVosh
2008-11-12, 02:21 AM
Thin layer of silence that coats his boots, that disc from faerun that attachs to doors and make them silent. Placed in him palm, removable. (make it like a really thin plastic (wizard goo hardened? eh something) disc that he can take off and on.

Glyde
2008-11-12, 11:20 AM
I'm going to have to say the obvious and have built in spring loaded crossbows in his wrists.

Telonius
2008-11-12, 11:33 AM
Voice modulator that makes him sound like Arnold.
Targeting device that allows him to make a Death Attack with ranged weapons.

chiasaur11
2008-11-12, 12:10 PM
Some kind of sleeping gas.

That way you can non-lethally deal with any guards and such, but still have them out of the way until the target's dead.

Drakefall
2008-11-12, 04:56 PM
A rocket pack! Ok, yeah, that's going a bit far... But going along those lines how about jump jets in his feet that grant him a semi-ridiculous bonus to jump? Useful for an assassin and fun to boot but not particularly gamebreaking.

Oh and another ridiculous idea that hasn't been mentioned yet: Give him a vehicle mode! Yes, he will become a Transformer assassin who can turn into a superbike and be ridden into battle by another party member... because assassin's don't need subtlety when they've got awesome.*

*Disclaimer: This suggestion is entirely whimsical in nature and is not meant to be taken seriously.

Greg
2008-11-12, 05:22 PM
Statement: No construct shall ever match my impressive combat subroutines.

A system for covering himself in contact poison.
An inhaled poison spray.
Illusion/invisibility generator.

AslanCross
2008-11-12, 05:30 PM
-Shoulder-mounted Great Crossbow.
-"flashbang" (Glitterdust or Blindness/Deafness effect)
-silent glider wings.

DownwardSpiral
2008-11-12, 06:30 PM
a force gun and a desire to destroy all the pathetic meatbags simply to end that annoying sloshing noise

Aww, I was really hoping I would be the first one to make the HK-47 reference. ;_;

ninja_penguin
2008-11-12, 07:03 PM
The wand component that Fax is mentioning is in Eberron's Players guide, with a 90% certainty. Some other fun components:

1. One of his eyes is a separate construct that can be removed, and scoot it self around, while letting him still see out of it.

2. electricity generator for either touch attacks, or getting away from grapplers.

Xyk
2008-11-12, 07:34 PM
Greater Invisibility wand in one arm, whatever in his other.

enchant his feet with spider-climb.