PDA

View Full Version : "Wish they were playable characters" Thr

ElderGias
2006-09-01, 01:02 PM
Just thought it would be interesting to see what characters people would most want to be able to play in future expansions.

Even though the linear guild are enemies in the dungeon, I would like to be able to play Thog (He could have a little thing on his card saying that the other is a doppleganger or something).

What about everyone else?

tgva8889
2006-09-01, 01:51 PM
Celia would be a fun playable character for a future expansion.

Another would be Miko, just because it would be quite amusing to have her with the Order when they fight Xykon. Because it destroys the storyline...

Justin_Miller
2006-09-01, 10:07 PM
Don't forget, future expansions could add other areas, outside of Dorukon's castle, so Miko might not TOTALLY destroy the storyline.

Though she WOULD probably destroy the Order... except Durkon...

apegamer
2006-09-04, 12:24 AM
Thor?

Okay, maybe not.

The Giant
2006-09-04, 04:01 AM
I'm pushing for the flumphs, personally.

tgva8889
2006-09-04, 01:46 PM
Though chances are high it will never happen, The Monster in the Shadows would be a funny character, as would Xykon, but I'm sure they're already part of the game in non-character form or something, so that's not going to work.

BelkarsDagger
2006-09-04, 03:15 PM
Dorukan.

;D

tgva8889
2006-09-04, 03:18 PM
The Entire group that made the gates!

Roy's Father and Sister!

Uh...I don't know!

BelkarsDagger
2006-09-04, 03:32 PM
The Order of the Gates!

El Jaspero, the Pirate King
2006-09-04, 09:19 PM
I was thinking a great expansion would be Team Xykon recapturing his old castle from all the good monsters.

imageek
2006-09-18, 02:36 PM
the chief

El Jaspero, the Pirate King
2006-09-18, 11:00 PM
Or perhaps an entire set that's just the various idiot ogres that have appeared over the years?

GreatEscape_13
2006-09-19, 11:44 PM
One of the teenaged goblins. They could be very playable, as their rebellious nature means they could work with the PCs, but they have a definite inclination to betray the others for a reward. They at least seem more "playable" than a lot of the other characters.

Cheers,

Andrew Lotz

Mr_Samedi
2006-09-20, 05:54 AM
Perhaps a future expansion could have 'ally' cards that come with your Dungeon deck. You could play them in battles, and they would add to your attack and defense. You could also sacrifice them to prevent a wound from losing a battle. maybe each could have a drawback as well..

The teenage goblins immediately come to mind, but I'm sure others could be found.

tgva8889
2006-09-20, 05:46 PM
Perhaps they could have the ultimate power of Lord Shojo as a character. Aristocrats for the win!

BrighamJudd
2006-09-22, 04:22 PM
ooo .. ooo... Trigak ;)

Daedrous Avari
2006-09-24, 11:31 AM
Hmmm... Probably that hot bandit chick and her father, the entire Linear guild, Team Xykon vs the good monsters, and Rich Burlew!

Flumphs are good too.

Darke
2006-09-27, 06:44 AM
one word...BANJO!

Larrin
2006-09-27, 10:29 AM
Miko's really the only character with enough schticks to really have a playable character with, so i'm betting if there is an expansion, she'll be there with her twin swords, faithful steed, railroad plot, and tree up her bum....the adventure would likely be roads leading from town to town on the way to some city (azure city, probably) though what the big battle would be at the end i don't know (the trial....gooodness i hope not...)

tgva8889
2006-09-27, 11:27 PM
Or, the Quest for the Gates! That would be fun! In fact, that would be awesome! Please make that game, apegames!

dl2a6on
2006-10-10, 06:43 PM
one word...BANJO!

Haha! Yes!! :)

The Linear Guild would be good too, plenty of shticks there. ;D

Traveling_Angel
2006-10-12, 12:02 AM
An interesting expansion would be switching the roles of the liner guild and OOTS. Make Roy have leader and perhaps outsmart, V have spellcaster, ect. However, you would have to replace Liner guild attack with some such OOTS card, not to mention a new loot deck.

Crispy Dave
2006-11-05, 01:10 PM
they could do liner guild like i said in exspntions post you could put lier giuld wwith diffrent over all objective like kiling thier rival for an extra 5 brag pionts or somthing but if you think about it 12 players would take a long time

tgva8889
2006-11-07, 10:51 PM
they could do liner guild like i said in exspntions post you could put lier giuld wwith diffrent over all objective like kiling thier rival for an extra 5 brag pionts or somthing but if you think about it 12 players would take a long time

I have no idea what you just said. Your post is nearly impossible to read.

Anyways, Roy's Sis would be a nice extra character.

Tempus Thales
2006-11-08, 07:36 AM
Goblin Dan

what's the point of having a dungeon if you can't eat some tasty BBQ?

:smalltongue:

TroyXavier
2006-11-18, 10:48 PM
Flumphs most definitely.

Were-Sandwich
2006-11-19, 05:41 AM
Zz'ditt'ri (Sp?) for angsty goodness.

The Doctor
2006-12-04, 06:46 AM
I think the characters with the most shticks are Nale, Sabine, Thog, and Miko. They are antagonists but have enough 'adventurer' mojo that they could be run. Yes, you need new loot but what else is new?
Just add an optional rule that excludes NPCs and lets your emove loot that only fits PCs not on the table. Though perhaps some original 'OotS' loot migtht need replacement then as it migth be stuff both the LG and the OotS drool over.
Btw, Redcloak, Xyxon and MitD simply don't strike me as characters are that to be run well in such a game.
Would be fun to make up shticks for the new chars.

Kalbereth
2006-12-13, 08:09 AM
I have to agree on that last part - Xykon maybe, but the others not so much. Kind of ruins the MitD anyway if we know what he can do :smalltongue:

tgva8889
2006-12-13, 09:22 PM
The Monster in the Darkness would be an interesting Screw This! card which would let you search the monster deck for a monster and put it into play. Or something like that.

Haruki-kun
2007-01-10, 07:05 PM
Julia
Celia
Miko (Of course)
All the current and former Linear Huild Members
Vaarsuvius's Mate (:vaarsuvius: lol)
Roy's Dad
Xykon, Redcloak, and the Monster in the Dark
Larry Gardner......... ok, no..........

The Dirge
2007-01-11, 12:17 AM
That crazy gnome in the city where they rescue Roy's sister that can make trees come to life!

imars
2007-01-11, 06:55 AM
None of you mentioned Red Cloak.

mikeejimbo
2007-01-11, 09:12 AM
I have to agree on that last part - Xykon maybe, but the others not so much. Kind of ruins the MitD anyway if we know what he can do :smalltongue:

We do know some of it:

Make Popcorn
Whine
Flashlight

Jack Mann
2007-01-12, 02:37 AM
None of you mentioned Red Cloak.

Haruki did. The Doctor also did, though as a character who wouldn't make for a good player.

David94
2007-01-12, 06:58 PM
Sorry, I posted this by mistake.

David94
2007-01-12, 07:02 PM
Goblin Dan

what's the point of having a dungeon if you can't eat some tasty BBQ?

:smalltongue:

OOO! OOO! Good idea for a loot card!

Barbequed Hydra Head
:belkar:
:belkar:
:elan:
Belkar: +2 Attack and +2 Defense against Dragons when equipped.

Crazy Slasher
2007-01-27, 11:21 AM
Loki, hands down. Haley's Personality Traits and the Oracle also would be nice. Heck, I'd like to see Hinjo as a PC.

Realistically, though, Miko's the most likely one.

Jester42
2007-01-28, 01:13 AM
Can I play the snarl?

Jester42
2007-01-28, 01:17 AM
Seriously though. I think a boardgame feel like the World of Warcraft board game could be cool. Dungeon crawling with two different teams Stick vs. Linear each rushing to the bottom of the dungeon to complete a goal.

The Dirge
2007-01-28, 07:57 AM
I have to agree with you there.

Korias
2007-02-03, 04:43 PM
I personaly think Hinjo, The Linear Guild Cleric (I cant remember her name, too lazy to find it...) Thog, the Dashing Swordsman guy (Also Cant remember his name...), Miko, and Roy's sister. Those are the only ones weve seen enough of to make good shticks and loot cards for. Hinjo would have "Samurai's Honor" as a shtick, or Thog would have "Inner Greeness" as a shtick. The Cleric would have her insane amount of poison as loot, or Miko having her trusty mount.

Also, but harder to make, would be Sabine, Zzdrit (dark Elf Mage guy from Linear Guild), and the Fairy thing guarding the Air Sigil/Lawyer for OotS. They have some good shticks or good loot cards, but not both. Sabine would have her "Illicit Sex" Shtick, The fairy would have her "Laywer" Shtick, and the Dark elf would have "House Ruled Fly spell"

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2007-02-07, 06:40 PM
I assume that the Linear Guild would be in the expansion, at least the original six. That is why they have the "unique" trait. So they cannot be both PC and Monster. I can see how some schitcks for them would be problematic, though.

If it does happen that way, then I hope to see the giant wooden alpaca as loot for Elan and Trog. It could boost Elan's hide skills.

skyclad
2007-02-09, 05:58 PM
What about mixing in some other characters? Like the light warriors :smallbiggrin:

belril
2007-02-12, 08:25 PM
<twocents>Demon Cockroaches For the win! :roach: Let's see: "Show me on the doll where she touched you," "What kind of a girl do you think I am?" "Nice spread," "Bored now," "I crown myself king of all roaches!" "His reign was brief, but eventful," "Let's bug out," "He shoots, He scores!" and "there goes the neighborhood."</twocents>

Raistlin1040
2007-02-16, 03:29 AM
Zz'dtri! Yeah!

Roxysteve
2007-02-23, 10:44 AM
I think the most obvious expansion, given the player vs player rules, would be to include the Linear Guild as player characters instead of cards. This would allow for really big games of up to 12 (or as Elan might have it: 9) and allow for a couple of variants such as Linear Guild vs OOTS from the start and LG/OOTS play as single team until some sort of treachery occurs (which might be limited until certain game conditions had been achieved).

Another idea I've been toying with has been having a Miko "flat" in the dungeon that is not played by any one player but activated as an NPC under various conditions. She (of course) acts against the interests of the OOTS whenever she comes into play.

Both my daughter and I (this game represents a rare opportunity for a Dad/daughter bonding exercise that she will tolerate) have enjoyed playing the game. We usually play a short-short game of two floors plus The Lair which can be squeezed into a couple of hours easily, but requires the "equiped Loot" restrictions be lifted.

Steve.

Leeroy_Jenkins
2007-02-25, 04:29 PM
I assume that the Linear Guild would be in the expansion, at least the original six. That is why they have the "unique" trait. So they cannot be both PC and Monster.

Agreed. And in addition to the Linear Guild being characters, there could also be new monsters cards with (dun Dun DUN!) ... the Order of the Stick members as monsters.

Given that the game loosely follows the comic's story arc, I could see how an expansion would have new rooms cards, representing the 4 sigils, and that all 4 would have to be unlocked before progressing to the final chapter.

TheOtherMC
2007-02-25, 05:41 PM
Well technicaly there were only 3 sigils......the water area kinda strained the budget......

Roxysteve
2007-03-06, 02:30 PM
The characters Rich drew for the 8-bit strip.

Dibs on the Black Mage.

Steve.

Roxysteve
2007-03-06, 02:36 PM
Agreed. And in addition to the Linear Guild being characters, there could also be new monsters cards with (dun Dun DUN!) ... the Order of the Stick members as monsters.

Given that the game loosely follows the comic's story arc, I could see how an expansion would have new rooms cards, representing the 4 sigils, and that all 4 would have to be unlocked before progressing to the final chapter.

Well, that would be one option. I was envisaging puilling the LG cards out of the deck and getting it on with 7 or more players. LG/OOTS games would also present more legitimate targets for Belkar's shenanigans than the current game does (in which he usually beats the crap out of the other OOTS team members) but either way works.

I'd play LG vs dungeon but that's just because I think the LG rocks and am totally on their side. I think that some way of making the gameplay different when everyone is LG rather than OOTS would be a good idea. I am equally sure I have no idea how to go about doing this.

Steve.

Unofficial President of The Equally Unofficial Campaign To Resurrect Yikyik.