PDA

View Full Version : APE Demo Monkey Crusaders

apegamer
2006-09-01, 02:08 PM
I hope to have more info on the webpage this weekend regarding this topic, but we're looking to start a demo program wherein those of you out there with APE products (namely OOTS) can show the game at stores and conventions. In return, you'll gain points that can be used toward valuable prizes like a cruise to the Bahamas (okay, no one will probably ever collect that many points.)

Anyway, tune in to apegames.com next week for more details.

Solution9
2006-09-05, 12:36 PM
OOOOOOH! OOOOHHH! PICK ME ME ME ME ME! Oh darn all the tall people drowning me out! That would be a fun idea which I would love to participate in if possible.

apegamer
2006-09-05, 01:28 PM
I didn't get all of the details in, but there are at least some details available on www.apegames.com regarding the APE Demo Monkey program.

StyxParadox
2006-09-08, 08:36 PM
Will the Demo Monkeys get any training? It is one thing to know how to play a game and it is another to know how to explain the game in a way that makes the game seem interesting.

apegamer
2006-09-08, 11:54 PM
That's a good question, which gives me an idea for tips on demo'ing the game. Having done hundreds of demos so far (yup, hundreds) There are a lot of things that I've learned that I can share on the soon-to-be-completed Demo Monkey forum.

Let me get that put together, then you can give me suggestions for other stuff to add.

StyxParadox
2006-09-09, 06:31 PM
I would be glad to help. I have done many demo's in my long life (I was young when D&D came out). I have yet to play the game but a lot of demo advice is consistant regardless of the game being demonstrated.

Dinubabear
2006-10-02, 03:32 PM
I'd be careful about facetious offers. The Pepsi offer for the Harrier Jet for 7 million points was collected. Pepsi won the lawsuit, because they couldn't leagally sell such a jet. However, Burma Shave wound up honoring the trip to Mars for Arliss French.

You never know what people with enough time could accomplish.

That being said, I thnk demo-ing the game is a great idea. I did it for a CCG before and your game is quite fun. Is the demo a full game or just a number of turns?

And how many points for the Bahama trip again? ;oD