PDA

View Full Version : problems wih light sensitivity!!

lord of pixies
2008-11-14, 05:51 PM
ok i am curently creating a character, he is a kobald, and because of that he has weakness to light, i need a way to get aroud that. some ideas:
1. thin cloth over the eyes, blurs vision but lowers the light.
2. sun glasses, do these exist in this world?
3. magic glasses, that are cheep.
4. minor obscuring mist/ minor darkness coming from an item, making it darker in a small area.
5. some sort of vail/parasol

are any of these good? any past experience you care to share? any constructive critisism is apreciated.

RTGoodman
2008-11-14, 08:41 PM
Well, it's not homebrew at all, but Races of the Dragon has Sundark Goggles which are basically sunglasses. They're mundane items for 10gp, if I remember correctly, and are perfect for this.

Jack_Simth
2008-11-14, 08:43 PM
You can also use the Desert Kobold (UA enviromental variant) - they loose the Light Sensitivity (and some other changes).

Meek
2008-11-14, 08:51 PM
Well, it's not homebrew at all, but Races of the Dragon has Sundark Goggles which are basically sunglasses. They're mundane items for 10gp, if I remember correctly, and are perfect for this.

I remembered them being a bit more expensive than that...but I no longer have my 3e books and so can't confirm. But yes, this'd be the perfect solution. Furthermore, your shades would go a long way to reduce the stylistic lameness of being a Kobold :smalltongue:

lord of pixies
2008-11-14, 08:56 PM
Furthermore, your shades would go a long way to reduce the stylistic lameness of being a Kobold :smalltongue:

lol, this kobold is cool, he rides a frigin' giant wasp.:smallcool:

and thanks, ill see what i can find out.

RTGoodman
2008-11-14, 09:13 PM
I remembered them being a bit more expensive than that...but I no longer have my 3e books and so can't confirm. But yes, this'd be the perfect solution. Furthermore, your shades would go a long way to reduce the stylistic lameness of being a Kobold :smalltongue:

Hmm... I thought I remember them being ridiculously cheap when we played our all-kobold game. I could be wrong, though.

Lappy9000
2008-11-14, 09:29 PM
In Races of Eberron, there's a feat called 'Daylight Adaption' which eliminates light sensitivity all together. There's also something called 'shaders' from one of the Eberron books (I have 4; so I'm not so sure which one it is) that are cheap as dirt (no more than 1 gp) that negate light sensitivity but also impose a -1 penalty to Spot and Search checks.

Cool and all, but I already made this for mah setting:

Blinders: Designed to block out bright light, these thick tinted goggles negate light sensitivity and provide a +2 bonus on Will saves against being dazzled or blinded by bright light (such as a Flare (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/flare.htm) or Pyrotechnics (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/pyrotechnics.htm) spell) However, the blinders make it slightly difficult to look around, imposing a -1 penalty on Search and Spot checks.
Cost: 3 gp
Weight: 1/2 lb