PDA

View Full Version : [D&D 3.5] Fastball Special?

Random NPC
2008-11-15, 10:49 AM
Is it possible?

I know about the hulking hurler but I wanted to know if there's a prestige class for a small character that functions as ammo for the thrower?

Bonus points if it can be done on a Halfling Barbarian

ColdSepp
2008-11-15, 10:52 AM
There is Fling Ally feat from Races of Stone. It let's you throw an ally at least 1 size category smaller then you. (See Picture)

You have to be Large or have Powerful Build to qualify, though.http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/ros_gallery/83327.jpg

hamishspence
2008-11-15, 10:54 AM
Well, there is the Highland Stalker prestige class- would that make it a Highland Fling? :smallbiggrin:

Enlong
2008-11-15, 11:18 AM
330. No, the Warforged fighter cannot hurl the shifter barbarian at his enemies.

331. Even with an action point.

332. *sigh* Okay, roll your Strength check. (http://wiki.rpg.net/index.php/Forgotten_Freedom:1_1001)

Tengu_temp
2008-11-15, 12:18 PM
There is Fling Ally feat from Races of Stone. It let's you throw an ally at least 1 size category smaller then you. (See Picture)

You have to be Large or have Powerful Build to qualify, though.http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/ros_gallery/83327.jpg

Is that orc so disturbed because someone just threw a halfling at him, or because the halfling looks freakin' weird?

SilentNight
2008-11-15, 12:29 PM
Is that orc so disturbed because someone just threw a halfling at him, or because the halfling looks freakin' weird?

I think it's a gnome. Or maybe just a midget? Who knows?

streakster
2008-11-15, 12:43 PM
I think it's a gnome. Or maybe just a midget? Who knows?

Oompa Loompa?

Raewyn
2008-11-15, 12:52 PM
Oompa Loompa?

He does look pretty orange.

Bayar
2008-11-15, 01:00 PM
Oompa Loompa?

Yes, I think the orc is scared by the Oompa Loompa because he is a diabetic with a bad case of tooth decay...

seedjar
2008-11-15, 01:13 PM

Who said it's a halfling? My money is on evil animated ventriloquist's dummy.
I'm also curious about the original question, though. Is that Throw Ally feat adequate to turn throwing builds into friend-throwing builds? I don't have Races of Stone.
~Joe

ColdSepp
2008-11-15, 01:49 PM
Off hand, I'd say no, but I have never played a Thrower. You can throw medium creatures up to 25 and small ones up to 75 feet. If you have the Improved Rock Hurling Feat, you can throw Mediums up to 100 Feet, and Small up to 200 feet.

Rock Hurling and Improved Rock Hurling are both feats from the same book, by the way, and the Fling Ally requires you to have rock hurling racial trait, or the Rock Hurling Feat

Random NPC
2008-11-15, 03:42 PM
330. No, the Warforged fighter cannot hurl the shifter barbarian at his enemies.

331. Even with an action point.

332. *sigh* Okay, roll your Strength check. (http://wiki.rpg.net/index.php/Forgotten_Freedom:1_1001)
Look at the link on my sig :smallwink:

Anyways... any feat or prestige class for the Hurlee? I would really love to see it.

SamsDisciple
2010-11-01, 11:37 AM
I think you would have to homebrew a PrC but since its a one time attack my DM ruled it worthy of sneak attack damage so rogue would be great and I haven't tried it but I heard "confound the Big Folk" is a good feat for the Hurlee

Amphetryon
2010-11-01, 11:59 AM
Anyways... any feat or prestige class for the Hurlee? I would really love to see it.The one being hurled seems like s/he would benefit from Blade Bravo, where being Small or smaller is a benefit. Something like Bloodclaw Master or Dervish, that emphasizes TWF/Multiweapon Fighting, would also work well to make the attacks really hurt.

Alternately, if the Hurler is a Hulking Hurler, then being larger and taking the Willing Deformity (Obese) makes you a more damaging projectile depending on how heavy you are.

Invelios
2010-11-01, 12:22 PM
holy necro batman!!!

but wouldn't a lion Totem Halfling Barbarian, with Power attack, Leap attack, Shocktrooper work, for the throwie?

maybe throw in (pun intended) confound the big folk.

averagejoe
2010-11-01, 01:21 PM
The Mod They Call Me: De-necroified.