PDA

View Full Version : Samurai Jack Build help

Demons_eye
2008-11-15, 08:41 PM
I watch some things and I think of how some heros would be built in dnd. So I roll up some numbers and try to make them for fun but.... Jackie here has gave me some problems. I really cant think of any thing cuz of his past, just to many things to focus on. So if you were to build him normaly and then in gestalt how would you do it?

As far as I got was Monk2/ befor my brain just shut down. I think warblade some and he would focus in wis and int but thats just me.

Maerok
2008-11-15, 08:41 PM
Monk/Paladin? Smite Evil is a must. And from that, snag the feat that lets the two stack. Asthetic ___.

wadledo
2008-11-15, 08:47 PM
Swordsage, more likely, with crusader or a redone paladin.

Though not Fax's, but that's close.

Proven_Paradox
2008-11-15, 09:05 PM
With the various skills he learns and dabbles in? I'd say factotum needs to be in there somewhere. I don't think he needs smite evil; that's more an effect of his sword than him; statting up Jack would require statting up his katana as well. Make it an artifact/legacy weapon that grants smites and/or does passive extra damage to evil foes.

So, my thoughts are Factotum/Warblade, perhaps with a one-level dip into monk with kung-fu genious to make monk abilites based on int instead of wisdom. Go with diamond mind and iron heart maneuvers for the warblade side, pump his int (he did seem to be a rather intelligent guy after all) and go to town.

Tengu_temp
2008-11-15, 09:12 PM
If you don't mind 3.0 material, Master Duelist (I'm not 100% sure this is how this class is called) from Oriental Adventures is a great prestige class for him - int to AC when unarmored, bonus to Iaijutsu, able to use a katana as a finessable weapon... and Swordsage as a base class. Or OA Samurai, if you want to keep it all to one book. Not CW Samurai!

Bayar
2008-11-16, 05:07 AM
He can also sunder very effectively other weapons, and has proficiency in almost all weapons.

Kris Strife
2008-11-16, 06:17 AM
Maybe a dip into Knight of the Chalice (CWar) for the demon bane and weapon buffing? (The episode with the robots with Aku essence that Jack had to use the mechanical arm to fight, but it ran out of power so he took it off and prayed and it became a super powered version after some guys in the clouds forged a lightning bolt or something.)

RMS Oceanic
2008-11-16, 06:28 AM
Don't forget to retool the Holy Avenger into a Katana for him.

TerrickTerran
2008-11-16, 09:39 AM
Swordsage, more likely, with crusader or a redone paladin.

Though not Fax's, but that's close.

I know the preference is usually for Swordsage over Monk....but is it worth it for only two levels?

I definitely agree for some Paladin levels....perhaps with the Charging Smite instead of Mount?

kjones
2008-11-16, 10:38 AM
Shadow Sun Ninja, because of that one episode with the ninja.

Demons_eye
2008-11-16, 11:11 AM
See what I mean? Hes too good at every things!

AdamSmasher
2008-11-16, 11:57 AM
I would say... at very least, give him factotum at first level and then give him a level or two of monk for the bonus feats and AC bonus. That master duelist that makes a katana a finesse weapon would be great if you also gave him insightful strike. Then, his wisdom bonus would go to BOTH armor class AND his attacks. Jack always seemed to be much more wise than he was smart (though he was smart, definately. Just wiser.)

Dervag
2008-11-16, 12:36 PM
See what I mean? Hes too good at every things!I think a high enough level D&D character would probably be Samurai Jack's equal, given a sympathetic DM.

Copacetic
2008-11-16, 01:15 PM
Samurai Jack is Bruce Wayne, in disguise. Only Plausible answer.

wadledo
2008-11-16, 03:36 PM
I know the preference is usually for Swordsage over Monk....but is it worth it for only two levels?

Yes, seeing how he rarely has any unarmed combat(though I can't be sure of this), and his robe could possibly be said to be a homebrewed version of one of those +1 armors, like a Dueling Cloak or Silk Swathe.

And the fact that his sword is such a huge part of the story seems to make a big argument for a Battle Scion (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/magic/legendaryWeapons.htm#scions) of some kind.
Though possibly Swift.:smallconfused:

Flickerdart
2008-11-16, 04:04 PM
I'm pretty sure the Kitchen Sink build that's been flying around can be modified to do this. I'm not very familiar with Samurai Jack, but if he can do all that stuff, then using a build that can do more stuff and not doing some of the stuff seems like a good idea.

bosssmiley
2008-11-16, 04:33 PM
Races of War (http://tgdmb.com/viewtopic.php?t=33294) samurai class. The half that isn't modelled on Musashi is just about an expy of Samurai Jack. :smallwink: