PDA

View Full Version : [Template] Indigo Children

Rama_Lei
2006-10-14, 04:40 PM
Victory at A Price
The story of the Indigo children begins with a band of adventurers, a pair of star-crossed lovers, and an epic clash between good and evil.
The waves roared, the oceans shoke, and the thunder blared. In the midst of this, there stood only 5. Karnthor, a charasmatic paladin, Leelya, the charming young sorceress, Briat, the druid rogue, and the beautiful mermaid cleric, Indigo. Kilknorth, the villanous blackguard was their opponent.
"Leelya! Cast your spell!" shouted Indigo, holding a struggling Kilknorth in her grasp, "It's the only way!
"But you'll be destroyed" Briat shouted, "There's no way you can survive the prismatic beaml!"
"I know, but I must! We have to stop him! " she said nervously, "Now cast the spell! I can't hold him for much longer!"
"PRISMATIC BEAM!" howled Leelya, tears flying from her eyes. It shot forth, at first, a brilliant red, then chaning rapidly, to vibrant hues of orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, and violet. She did not blink as her impending doom approched. She merely turned, and with a faint smile, and the glimmer of a tear in her eye, spoke.
"I love you Karnthor. Remember that always." Her image was soon displaced by a wall of flame, than acid, electricity. As acid was about to strike, Karthnor began to charge. He ran as the poison sturck his beloved. He ran as she was nearly turned to stone. He ran while the blackguard was driven insane and began to babble. He at last caught her gentle hands as the a wave of violet rolled over them.
Leelya looked around, "Where have they gone? Where are our friends?" she cried.
Briat walked over to her, "I don't know. We may never know." he said, trying to conceal his sorrow. Leelya turned and threw herself into his arms, where they wept together for a fortnight.

Indigo lay gently floating in the water, clasping her lover's hand. They had been transported to the Elemental Plane of Water. The spell had stripped them of their belongings and so they floated there, naked and pure. Indigo spoke what she thoguh would be her last words. She spoke in the anchient Sylvan language of her people.
"I love you." she said. Karnthor didn't speak the language, but he understood her. As she was about to close her eyes, a brilliant white light surrounded them both. Their bruises and cuts healed, and before them stood Eardo, god of the merpeople.
"Indigo, you shall not die today! You have an important task to complete. The birth of your child." Both the adventurers were stunned. Indigo found her voice first.
"I-I-I'm pregnant? I'm going to live to raise my child?" she said in disbeleif.
"Yes and no." he replied sadly, "I can allow you to birth your child, and I can allow you a week with him. Alas, that is all I can give to you."
The next weeks were painful ones for the poor lovers. They rejocied in their future parnethood, but were sorrowful that the child would forget his mother. So Indigo came up with an idea, an indigo colored armband tattoed on the child's body. Karnthor would too recieve this marking, along with all of those who knew the kindness and good of Indigo.
3 days after, their child, a healthy young boy, was born, they approched Eardo, and told him of their plan. He accepted the idea, and placed the tattoes on them. soon after, Indigo passed on.
Losing a wife, but gaining a son, Karnthor headed home. He soon found Leelya and Briat, who both had married since they last saw them. There were many happy times. But there were sad times as well. They missed Indigo's wit, her charm, and her singing voice. A local cleric was the answer. He permantly inscribed a rune that allowed them to speak with the dead at will. That is the origin of that happy group, the "Indigo Children".

Rama_Lei
2006-10-14, 04:50 PM
<placeholder>

Rama_Lei
2006-10-14, 05:00 PM
<placeholder>

Rama_Lei
2006-10-14, 05:00 PM
<placeholder>