PDA

View Full Version : Missing Link

Thant
2008-11-23, 04:52 PM
What happened to thri-kreens? I was looking up something about psionics on srd and d&d wiki and there was no trace of them. No racial feats, description, nothing. Are they erased from their dnd existence or what?

Jasdoif
2008-11-23, 04:58 PM
Thri-kreen are considered product identity by WotC, and thus do not appear in the SRD.

kamikasei
2008-11-23, 05:19 PM
You can find them in the XPH.

Project_Mayhem
2008-11-23, 05:44 PM
Thri-kreen are considered product identity by WotC, and thus do not appear in the SRD.

Ooh, didn't know that. Do we know why? I mean, they arent iconic like beholders or mindflayers. There just bugmen.

Inyssius Tor
2008-11-23, 05:46 PM
'Cuz they're cool.

Jasdoif
2008-11-23, 06:25 PM
Ooh, didn't know that. Do we know why? I mean, they arent iconic like beholders or mindflayers. There just bugmen.Well, I can guess....

Some really hasty research says that Thri-Kreen were first introduced in 1982, significantly before WotC acquired D&D. It's possible WotC simply didn't have the kind of ownership/license necessary to legally release them under the OGL.

wadledo
2008-11-23, 06:59 PM
'Cuz they're cool.

Yea, basically.
Aren't there racial levels somewhere?

NEO|Phyte
2008-11-23, 07:02 PM
Yea, basically.
Aren't there racial levels somewhere?

I homebrewed some way back when for a PbP, there's also an 'official' set in Complete Psionic, though as I recall that wasn't in the normal sense of racial levels, with getting your first class level before having all of your LA/HD finished.

Thant
2008-11-23, 08:57 PM
Well, I can guess....

Some really hasty research says that Thri-Kreen were first introduced in 1982, significantly before WotC acquired D&D. It's possible WotC simply didn't have the kind of ownership/license necessary to legally release them under the OGL.

Ur probably right, it sound like the most logical explanation, tnx Jasdoif.