PDA

View Full Version : Skitter, skitter, skitter, SKREEEEEEK! (PEACH)

SlaadLord
2008-11-25, 08:41 PM
Festering Wallcreep
Large Aberration
Hit Dice: 10d8+40 (85 hp)
Initiative: +1
Speed: 30 ft. (6 squares), climb 40 ft.
AC: 19, touch 13, flat-footed 18 (-1 size, +1 Dex, +6 natural, +3 dodge)
Base Attack/ Grapple: +7/+15
Attack: Claw +10 melee (1d4+4)
Full Attack: 6 Claws +8 melee (1d4+4)
Space/Reach: 10ft./10ft./10ft.
Special Attacks: Skitterdance, Corrupting Contact
Special Qualities: Darkvision 60 ft., Airless, Damage Reduction 5/slashing, Profane Grace
Saves: Fort +7, Ref +4, Will +8
Abilities: Str 19, Dex 12, Con 18, Int 13, Wis 13, Cha 16
Skills: Climb +17, Spot +14
Feats: Cleave, Improved Natural Armor, Multiattack, Power Attack
Challenge Rating: 6
Alignment: Neutral Evil

Toward you skitters a tangled mass of chitinous, segmented legs. As it sways arrhythmically from side to side, six claws like those of a lobster emerge from the mass and ready to rip into your body.

Festering Wallcreeps are one of the many (mostly) unknown horrors of the Far Realm. Resembling nothing more than a giant, tangled mess of giant insect legs and pincers, Wallcreeps are nonetheless dangerous predators on land or underwater.

Combat
Skitterdance (Ex): A Festering Wallcreep can, three times per day, make three claw attacks against an adjacent foe. If two of those three attacks hit, it may move up to half its speed toward another foe and make an additional three attacks against that enemy. This is a full-round action.
Corrupting Contact (Su): A Festering Wallcreep’s claw attacks deal 1 point of Constitution damage with each attack. A Fortitude save (DC 19) negates this damage. The save DC is Constitution based.
Airless (Ex): A Festering Wallcreep does not breathe. It is therefore unaffected by inhaled poisons or suffocation.
Profane Grace (Su): A Festering Wallcreep gains a dodge bonus to its AC equal to its Charisma modifier.

Stycotl
2008-11-26, 03:30 PM
nice. i'd speficy whether the corrupting contact is or is not considered a poison–i'd bet that i'm not the only one to wonder. and i think that the dex is a bit low for the mental picture that i am getting of its maneuverability and combat tactics.

other than that, this is pretty cool, and i may i have throw it into one of my current campaigns.

aaron out.

Chrono22
2008-11-26, 03:58 PM
Did you base this on house centipedes? Or is it just a coincodence they sound the same?

Inyssius Tor
2008-11-26, 05:14 PM
I like this. It hasn't got any really fiddly mechanics, so I decided to convert it to 4e (spoilered below, so as to not risk our h4t3r contingent's immortal souls).

Festering Wallcreep sdasdfl Level 9 Elite Skirmisher
Large aberrant magical beastsdasdfl XP 800
Initiative +7
Senses Perception +5, darkvision
HP 204; Bloodied 102
AC 27; Fortitude 21, Reflex 26, Will 21
Saving Throws +2
Speed 6, Climb 8 (spider climb)
Action Points 1
M Claw (standard, at-will) * Poison
Reach 2; +14 vs. AC; 1d4+1 damage, and the target loses a healing surge (save ends; the healing surge is regained on a successful save).
Second Failed Save: the target cannot make further saves against this condition, and cannot regain the lost healing surge without taking an extended rest.
m Claw Frenzy (standard, recharge 6)
The festering wallcreep makes six claw attacks.
m Skitterdance (standard, recharge 5, 6)
The festering wallcreep can make three claw attacks against an adjacent enemy. If at least two of them hit, the festering wallcreep can shift up to 3 squares towards another enemy and make three claw attacks against that enemy.

Alignment Chaotic Evil; Languages Common
Str 24 (+11), Dex 13 (+5), Wis 12 (+5)
Con 22 (+10), Int 13 (+5), Cha 22 (+10)
And yes making the text align like that was a goddamned ton of work. Gah. Never doing that again.

EDIT: And it didn't even come out right. Never mind, then. :smallfurious:

How'd I do, by the way? This is my first 4e creation of any kind.

SlaadLord
2008-11-27, 10:13 AM
I also made a 4e version, and it turned out a little differently (I think it's more true to what I had in mind for Skitterdance, as opposed to the 3.5 version). Here it is:

Festering Wallcreep Level 10 Skirmisher
Large aberrant magical beast (blind) XP 500
Initiative +8 Senses Perception +11, blindsight 15
HP 106 Bloodied 53
AC 24; Fortitude 24, Reflex 21, Will 23
Immune see Airless
Speed 6, climb 8
(†) Claw (standard; at-will)
Reach 2; +15 vs. AC; 1d8+5 damage.
† Skitterdance (standard; recharge 6)
The Festering Wallcreep may move up to its speed and makes three melee basic attacks at any point during that movement. The Festering Wallcreep doesn’t provoke opportunity attacks when moving away from the target of its attack.
Airless A Festering Wallcreep is immune to Inhaled poisons and suffocation.
Alignment Unaligned Languages –
Skills Stealth +11
Str 19 (+9) Dex 12 (+6) Wis 13 (+6)
Con 18 (+9) Int 13 (+6) Cha 16 (+8)

I like your loss of a healing surge idea for the claw attacks, though...hmm...

Also, not bad for your first 4e make. Still getting the hang of it myself.