PDA

View Full Version : [Magic Items] Items of the Force(Star Wars)

JumpingBean
2005-02-24, 11:41 AM
In response to people not liking Star Trek i decided to go with some Star Wars related items as well.

Gloves of the Force- These gloves allow the wearer to move anything at will as the mage hand spell but instead of the 5lb limit, the weight limit is a Concentration check multiplied by 15lbs. If the gloves are used against another being, use the rules of performing a bull rush but with a Concentration check instead of an attack roll.
. Strong transmutation; CL 8th; Craft Wonderous Item, mage hand; Price 9,000 gp.

Rod of the Saber- This rod is small and light weight and can be placed in any normal or magical bag without risk of tearing the bag in that state. Upon command the rod extends to a +2 Adamantine Vorpal Shock Scimitar. It glows brightly like a torch.
. Strong transmutation and transmutation. Moderate evocation; CL 18th; Craft Magic Arms and Armor and Craft Rod, circle of death, keen edge, and call lightning or lightning bolt ; Price 108,000 gp.

Fullplate of Vader- This +2 fullplate is made of a rare black metal. As long as the wearer wears the whole fullplate armor, including and especially the helmet, the wearer also gains the endurance feat and is effected by the endure elements spell.
. Strong transmutation and transmutation. Moderate abjuration; CL 18th; Craft Magic Arms and Armor, endure elements, Crafter must have the endurance feat; Price 10,000 gp.

Warhammer of Endor- This warhammer acts as normal +1 warhammer, but when used against any creature of Huge size, it essentailly becomes a +1 warhammer bane huge creatures. This weapon can only be wielded by creatures of small size.
. Moderate conjuration; CL 8th; Craft Magic Arms and Armor, summon monster I; Price 9,000 gp.

Leia Ring of Message Storing- A message can be stored in the ring and be activated to be seen at anytime. The message can be overwritten at will. It is no ordinary message though. The ring projects an image of the wearer who recorded the message. The image of the real form of the recorder as if everyone had the true seeing spell cast upon themselves. This is very useful so that messages are not as easily forged by a disguise or alter self spell.
. Strong divination, moderate transmutation and illusion; CL 10th; Forge Ring, true seeing, message, major image ; Price 9,000 gp.

Background:
If you are not much of a Star Wars person here is some background info about these items.

Gloves of Force: Many of the main characters of Star Wars could utilize the FORCE. With this they could move objects like a weapon, another being, or even a space fighter ship.

Rod of the Saber: The light saber usually came with one end of light extending from a small rod. One was used to chop off the hand of Luke Skywalker, and once to chop off the head of Obi Wan Kenobi. It could safely be stored anywhere when not active. It can also cut through objects with ease.

Fullplate of Vader: Darth Vader wore an all black armor and had some breathing equipment in his helmet that was very recognizable.

Warhammer of Endor: Ewoks were cute, fuzzy creatures first introduced in a Star wars movie. For the little kids, 2 Ewok movies were created. In the first Ewok movie, one Ewok had wielded a weapon that he used to really hurt some huge beast by smashing the beast's foot while the others escaped the cave. The Ewok died though when he got struck by a falling rock, but that is irrelevant to the weapon.

Leia Ring of Message Storing: R2D2 had some sort of ring or circular object on him, that when Luke Skywalker was tinkering with it, Princess Leia's video message began playing.

Notice: Star Wars and all characters related to Star Wars are trademark property of the Lucasfilm company and I have no relation to the company and they do not sponser this post. I just like Star Wars but not as much as Star Trek. :P

Change: Updated the saber to adamantine because it can cut through objects with ease as well.

Aran
2005-02-24, 12:35 PM
Why not make the Rod of the Saber a brilliant energy weapon? Also, aren't lightsabers straight? So shouldn't it be a longsword or something, rather than a scimitar?

Note: Despite the critique, I do like the items. Nice work!

Dragon_Rider
2005-02-24, 12:39 PM
She made it scimitar because they have a larger threat range

JumpingBean
2005-02-24, 01:08 PM
She made it scimitar because they have a larger threat range

Half right on that. greater threat range one-handed weapon that you can power attack with is correct. But is should be "HE made it scimitar..."
:p

Brilliant Energy weapons can't hurt objects or undead, and I'm pretty sure that Obi-wan's saber cut through some droids.

The Avatar is the ElfMonkGuy.

Dragon_Rider
2005-02-24, 01:14 PM
woops, but your avatar is female right?

Sucros
2005-02-24, 05:04 PM
muuuuuuuch better. :P

Callahan
2005-02-28, 12:25 PM
nice set

I'd be tempted to also build in an Intimidate skill check bonus to the Vader armor based on the way the wearer's voice sounds when speaking from under the helmet. ;)

Fizban
2006-06-24, 09:45 PM
Old thread, but if anyone reads this, I'm pretty sure a lightsaber would ignore armor as well. I'd propose incorporeal touch attack, ignore armor but not force armor.

Vaynor
2006-06-24, 09:56 PM
Old thread, but if anyone reads this, I'm pretty sure a lightsaber would ignore armor as well. I'd propose incorporeal touch attack, ignore armor but not force armor.
THREADROMANCY!!!!!!!

AAAAAAGGGGHHH! *DIES*

Please read:

Thread Necromancy
Bringing a thread back from “the dead.” If a thread has fallen to page three and hasn’t been posted in for a month and a half, don’t post in it. Start a new topic if you want to discuss the subject.

The Glyphstone
2006-06-25, 06:32 AM
Yo...Vaynor....new posters are fragile, try not to injure them... :D

And if ^^ found this post by digging through the Compendium in Gaming, then he's got threadnomancy immunity - I believe the mods said that doesn't count.

And just for on topicness...I agree, a lightsaber should be an incorporeal touch attack, not a normal touch attack.

InaVegt
2006-06-25, 06:36 AM
I disagree with that, simply because that would imply it ignores nonliving matter and lightsabers are also used for cutting through heavy metal doors (episode 1) and of course androids.

The Glyphstone
2006-06-25, 06:53 AM
No, not nonliving matter - that's a Brilliant Energy weapon. And lightsabers can't go through shields/forcefields...how else would you represent an energy shield except through a force effect?

InaVegt
2006-06-25, 06:57 AM
I'm not saying it becomes brilliant energy, but it isn't really incorporeal, isn't it. And the closest thing to an incorporeal touch attack is brilliant energy.

Vaynor
2006-06-25, 07:12 AM
Yo...Vaynor....new posters are fragile, try not to injure them... :D

And if ^^ found this post by digging through the Compendium in Gaming, then he's got threadnomancy immunity - I believe the mods said that doesn't count.
Sorry, I reacted a little too fast, this is just one of the things that really bugs me. :P