PDA

View Full Version : Contest of Contests - Rules on Page 2

BlueWizard
2006-04-08, 10:50 PM
I await it and the result of the staff award anxiously.

I'm sure it is Tribble, but I'd like to pat him on the back if anything.

The Vorpal Tribble
2006-04-09, 09:10 PM
Pffttt, I ranted at Gorbash for the 'having to use screen name' ruling, so I'd say my chances are hovering around nil :P

The Glyphstone
2006-04-10, 11:45 AM
Mm...personally, I'd like for the entry threads to be unlocked soon, so I can get some feedback.

It'd also be neat to see the voting breakdown, like Gorbash did for the previous contests...see just how narrowly (or widely) Vorpal beat me.

WampaX
2006-04-12, 10:09 AM
Ummm, Gorbash Kazdar is a bit busy at the moment, what with life outside of school about to hit him square in the face. He should be back soon.

Uhh, he didn't leave a note on the fridge so I'm not sure what you guys are supposed to be doing right now.
Homework done?
Teeth brushed?
I guess you can watch some TV, then. I'll be in here on the phone if you need me.

Rei_Jin
2006-04-12, 10:13 AM
Ummm, Gorbash Kazdar is a bit busy at the moment, what with life outside of school about to hit him square in the face. He should be back soon.

Uhh, he didn't leave a note on the fridge so I'm not sure what you guys are supposed to be doing right now.
Homework done?
Teeth brushed?
I guess you can watch some TV, then. I'll be in here on the phone if you need me.

Oooh, a baby sitter! Now it's time for all my tricks to come out!

Oh yes, we are tricksy little hobbitses, aren't we precious? *snicker*

Amotis
2006-04-12, 10:34 PM

Homework done?
Teeth brushed?

You have a girrrrllllfriend?!?!? Ewwwwww!!!!

*runs off giggling...*

BlueWizard
2006-04-13, 12:06 PM
It was to be a Psionic contest of some sort.

Fishies
2006-04-13, 08:46 PM
Oh yes, we are tricksy little hobbitses, aren't we precious? *snicker*

"Is it nice, my preciousss? Is it juicy? Is it scrumptiously crunchable?"

coron
2006-04-14, 05:42 PM
OoO I would wish tobe a part of a contest (or just annyoing the heck out of WampaX/babysitter. imean being good little patient waiting children ;)

The Vorpal Tribble
2006-04-20, 06:13 PM
Hurry, someone do something really bad so that Gorbash will show up to smite you.

And don't worry, we'll remember your sacrifice and honor your memory... for a time.

El_Zoof
2006-04-21, 02:48 AM
...didn't you know the psionic contest had already started? I read his mind *ages* ago. I'm just putting the final touches on my entry.

Vaynor
2006-04-21, 10:57 AM
Yeah, same, it's already posted in my mind, go ahead and read it.

The Glyphstone
2006-04-21, 11:03 AM
I pity you fools. I didn't even need to make an entry - all I needed to do was make Gorbash THINK I entered, and won. Total contest sweep... ;D

[Personal Mind Blank]

BlueWizard
2006-04-21, 03:06 PM
Okay Tribble, the Blue Wizard will act up.
He throws off his blue robes and sunglasses, and streaks the contestants. "Woo-Hoo!" He casts fly, after retrieving a few spell components, and will streak the rest of Gorbash's 'kids'.

The Vorpal Tribble
2006-04-21, 03:41 PM
Okay Tribble, the Blue Wizard will act up.
He throws off his blue robes and sunglasses, and streaks the contestants. "Woo-Hoo!" He casts fly, after retrieving a few spell components, and will streak the rest of Gorbash's 'kids'.
Thats a start, but to really get it going, you gotta mention two out of the following three: President Mush Mouth, Fat Albert, or Sterrance ;)

White Blade
2006-04-21, 05:24 PM
But not all three in a sentence, less you accidently summon the Giant instead or (worse yet) the dreaded ADMIN!

McDeath
2006-04-21, 06:47 PM
By the power vested in me by the DM, I charge all Admin in this place to reveal themselves and be banished!

El_Zoof
2006-04-23, 07:18 AM
Oh, well that's just great. Now you've banished them. How the baator are we supposed to get them to start the contest now?

Fishies
2006-04-23, 06:13 PM
I suggest another Tavern contest, or a Class contest, or a PrC contest...

McDeath
2006-04-25, 05:41 AM
Big Bad Evil Guy contest! Oooh! C'mon...
A league of assassins, or a demonic plot to take over a kingdom, or a misguided organisation who are going to accidentally free an ancient lich...So fun...

BlueWizard
2006-04-25, 05:47 AM
Last I heard it was Psionic of some sort, and Gorbash said he'd fillout the details on in April. Though it's almost May...

WampaX
2006-04-25, 01:57 PM
You kids need something to do, eh?
Alright.
Unofficial contest to be possibly run as an official contest later. You choose the theme with a few guidelines.

Official unofficial contest rules:
- Theme must contain ONE color of your choice.
- Your entry must contain the theme throughout, not just in title, and must utilize the chosen color in an interesting manner.
- The theme must be broad enough that it can allow for a myrid number of entries. Ex bad: "Design a Grey Trout", Ex good: "Design a monster that uses the color Grey as well as having Grey-like powers and abilities."
- This contest will end at the end of this month.
- No user voting. Contest winner will be determined by Me.
- All entires and questions regarding this contest are limited to this thread.

Entries should look similar to the format below.

----- Format ------
TITLE OF CONTEST

Theme Color of Contest
[Try to use the [color=] tags]

Rules of Contest

InaVegt
2006-04-25, 02:03 PM
The prestigious red evil with red abilities

Color = red

Rules of contest
You must create a 10 level prestige class with red in the name and a lot of red abilities, it must be have evil as a requirement

Elvaris
2006-04-25, 03:17 PM
Join the Navy Navy!

Theme color is Blue

The Lord Cerulean has put out a call for ships! Design your entry into the Navy Navy by describing who sails your ship and why your aquamarine ship should fly the Royal banner of Lord Cerulean. Submit all entries to Admiral Periwinkle.

Note: This would not be limited to seafaring ships...

The Demented One
2006-04-25, 07:24 PM
Uh, What Rhymes With Purple?

Color is purple

It takes a man sure in his manliness (or a woman, though she need not be sure in her manliness) to wear purple. And what man (or woman) could be manlier (well, not really if they're a woman) than a bard? Purple Haze, Purple Rain--the greatest bards don't just wear purple, they also cast spells imbued with the very essence of purple! Design your best set of bardic spells dealing with purpleness, one for each level (0-6).

Amotis
2006-04-25, 07:42 PM
Anything you say.... ;D
Ah thanks WampaX. We did need some competition.

BlueWizard
2006-04-26, 03:14 PM
While I figure out a concept for the unofficial contest I am posting a recruit notice for a game based off my Blue Bath's entry for those of you who found it interesting. PM me, or post on the OOC thread called Blue Wizard recruiting.

Pop Goes the Weasel
2006-04-26, 09:55 PM
Design something depressing!
That's right, fellas! You can design a depressed monster, spell, class, or PrC. Just make sure it is sad and includes the color GRAY/GREY (you can pick ;D )

Cyclone231
2006-04-26, 11:10 PM
Nature's Color
Theme color: Red
Rules of contest:
There are, in ordinary, straight up, no frills D&D, a few "nature"-y or "animal-y" classes - Druids, Rangers and, to a lesser extent, Clerics with the Nature domain. However, the emphasis of these classes typically lies either on botany or biology, or just in survival - so rarely is the predator and prey aspect of nature's web emphasized. The goal of this contest to create a series of feats which emphasizes this aspect.

(not sure if I need/should/want to have this in more detail than given by others...)

Rules:
1) There may be no less than three and no more than eight feats in the series. The feats must follow typical rules that are expected of feats (ability score requirements are odd, normal is listed if the feat changes rather than supplies a bonus, et cetera).
2) The series may split into up to three seperate paths. This means that you can have up to three feats which are the end - that is, no other feat in the series requires them. You can certainly have as many -<>- shapes in the line as you can fit.
3) The series of feats must be designed with Ranger, Druids or Cleric (Nature) in mind. While there is no need to require a class's special traits (Wild Shape, Divine Casting, Combat Style, Animal Companion, etc), it should be designed with the particular abilities of the class in mind. There should definitely be no requirements that cannot be acheived by any of the three classes mentioned.
4) The series of feats must (obviously) be thematically linked, and not just by "grah, predator".
5) Formatting should be as a feat is formatted in the System Reference Document.

Amotis
2006-04-28, 01:36 AM
The God's of Grey

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e367/amotis/95_by_Leber.jpg
Ninety Five
By: Leber

Morality has always been in constant movement. From the tugging of the angels unto the gates of heaven, to the demonic pulls of demons into the layers of the Abyssm, it has always knocked solidly on the door of the mortals. Morality is movement, it is the enternal crashing sea of life.
And who better to reflect that then the source of life itself?

Create a patheon of deities and their respective planes or places that revolve around the constant fight of good and evil, and in the end; balance in all of its smugged grey glory.

BlueWizard
2006-04-28, 04:38 AM
I'm not sure I understand the contest. Are we entering color themed contests? I would pick blue, but is that out now. I could be the Pink Wizard for this game if I need a color not taken. Though OrangeRed, is a favorite of mine. Anyway, I'll put something up after I write some of the many papers I have due, and memorize all my scenes.

Wait! What am I doing here? Oh yeah, having fun!

Trolof
2006-04-28, 09:25 AM
PINK champion of evil

Theme color Pink

First a few facts:
All colors are basically neutral.
Of all the colors none is as emotionally connected to good, as pink.
Which of cause means that somewhere in the multiverse, exists a pink evil to counterbalance the good.

This competition aims to unmask the pink horror. You are to design an evil creature/encounter with a CR of min. 10 and max. 12. The creature/encounter must be based on a pink theme. This means that all spells, spell-like abilities, supernatural abilities, special qualities, etc. must have a pink theme.
The winner is he who best manages to warp our conception of pink as a color of love.

WampaX
2006-04-28, 11:30 AM
A few points.
- If someone chooses a color, it doesn't mean that the color is taken for all time, feel free to use it in your entry.

- End of the Week = Sunday 11:59pm as per the timestamp of this website.

- Limit of 2 entries per poster, I will only look at the last two entries for a poster when making my decision.

Good job so far. I hope to see more entires over the weekend.

Amotis
2006-04-28, 01:21 PM
{color=Rainbow}Spectrum of the World {/color} ;)

http://www.photo.net/learn/darkroom/darkroom-color-2

Create a world based upon the principal that every religion, every race, every class, is based off it's color. More so then the elements of the wizards or the paints of the bards, but the colors that run and dictate our every move and breath.
The three main colors: Blue, Red, and Green.
Three constant colors, from the beginning they have been there and they have rooted deep into the veins of mortals.
The four secondary colors: yellow, cyan (teal), magenta (purple), and white.
In the mix of the main colors came the secondary colors, the mixed creations of the enternal three.

Does red stand for the rage of the barbarian or the burning passion of the casting sorcerer?
Does the gentle cyan create nothing but a balance of the philosophies of green and blue or is it the enemy of red?
Is white really neutral? Or is it something more?

Create a city, a world, a set of classes, a patheon, a monster, or anything that creates the balance and conflict of the color spectrum.

BlueWizard
2006-04-28, 08:20 PM
Adding to my Blue Wizard's grand planar manor:

BLUE WIZARD's: Animals, Plants, and other artifacts of Blue

Theme color Blue
What else?

The Blue Wizard seeks much more to decorate his grand blue halls, gardens, and private parks. Great expense has been made to find a rare blue tree, and even a blue-butt Monkey. He seeks more, and only the rarest or most expensive artifact or creature should apply, for his guests have expensive tastes. Even the blue people from Star Trek can be counted as an entry. He would place each of the favored entries upon his grounds, and grant the creator, capturer or conjurerer or even manifestor several free stays and even services of the Blue Baths.

Vaynor
2006-04-29, 12:17 AM
The Green Machine

Create a machine/monster that can be found in the forest. Show how the mechanical monster coexists with the natural world, and how it helps the environment. The monster may be of any CR from 1-20, and must have at least one ability/quality/something with the word green in it. The monster must be green.

Quincunx
2006-04-29, 01:03 PM
the Red Shoes would not come off
http://www.transitiongallery.co.uk/Images/stella/red_shoes.jpg
her feet, no matter how hard they pulled

There lies the body; there lay the shoes.
How did the adventurers get here? How did the body get here? Why do the adventurers want the shoes?

Design a single-session whodunit centered around the red shoes, designed to challenge a level 4 party.
Categories include: Surprise Ending, For an Evil Party, Sentient Shoes, Plug and Play (for ease of use), and Laughing Longest.

fetfet
2006-04-29, 07:56 PM
color=LimeGreen]Limed over classics![/color]

Color:Lime

Create an any-th level adventure where the characters slowly die.

Skyserpent
2006-04-29, 08:19 PM
Color: Nonspecific

The Drow Complex:

Create a backstory for a dragon, either Chromatic or Metallic who has decided to forgo his history and become a force of good or evil respectively.

Quincunx
2006-04-30, 06:32 AM
Marked by the Indigo
http://www.swva.net/fred1st/indigo.jpg

Create a template which explains the peculiar blue markings on ordinary objects and animals, or a prestige class that affects player races of a certain class. What causes this? Is it beneficial or harmful to the victims? Do its victims turn against the unafflicted? Can it begin to affect your party? Is there a cure?

The winners of each category will have their template renamed to Indigo X, where X is their category:
Chakra (psionic)
Woad (pure melee)
Offering (divine casters)
Insight (arcane casters)
Benefice (beneficial template)
Affliction (detrimental template)

Amotis
2006-04-30, 07:41 PM
Quincunx, I enjoyed your contests, very cool. :)

Cyclone231
2006-04-30, 11:23 PM
Red versus Blue
Color: Purple
The goal: Create two characters who are archenemies, but their struggle is not one of alignment (neither Chaos vs Law or Good vs Evil). A special bonus category for enemies who are both of the same class.

Alternatively:
The Color of Moral Ambiguity
Color: Grey

Blue_C.
2006-05-01, 01:03 AM
Very interesting Cyclone. I'm already imagining a paladin and a cleric to the same god getting in a tizzy.

MrSeth
2006-05-04, 12:41 AM
Hazard Zone

Color = Orange

Orange is the universal color for "caution", and this contest reflects that. Animals with orange markings are usually toxic or very dangerous (or they hope to come off as such). Important highway signs are always orange to warn of problems. Orange just isn't a safe color... it denotes Hazards.

Hazard Zone contestants must create a Gauntlet of traps, hazards, and other obstacles that are disarmed with careful thought and planning... not by judicious use of the "Disable Device" skill. A background for location of the Gauntlet and reason for it's construction are mandatory. Winners are the creator of the Gauntlet most difficult to solve, and the most creative in construction. A Judge's Award for Most Humorous might be appropriate, depending on entries.

WampaX
2006-05-10, 11:40 AM
Quincunx wins this contest.
Thanks for all who participated in this unofficial contest and look for a new one to begin later today.