PDA

View Full Version : Second Apocalypse/The Prince of Nothing

Dhavaer
2008-12-01, 04:53 AM
Has anyone else read these books? If so, what did you think, particularly of Kellhus? Are you looking forward to The Aspect Emperor? If not, the TVTropes (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/SecondApocalypse) page is here, and if you don't like TVTropes or are worried about spoilers, it's a gritty, political/military fantasy story centred around a war similar to the First Crusade.

Liffguard
2008-12-01, 06:55 PM
I cannot praise this series enough. It is, by a significant margin, the best fantasy series I have had the pleasure to read. Only A Song Of Ice And Fire can come close to touching it.

In regards to Kellhus, I thought he was fascinating to read about. I didn't really have any like or dislike for him, since I saw him as essentially alien entity. Whilst biologically human, he's psychologically and culturally completely foreign. Despite committing what many modern people might deem atrocities, I didn't feel it would be right to hold him to my own system of morals. It would be like getting pissed off at a computer for not doing what I wanted (okay, maybe a bad example but you get my point).