PDA

View Full Version : Best option? (Spoiler?)

Xerxos
2008-12-01, 10:57 AM
http://img359.imageshack.us/img359/2818/mytz5.jpg (http://www.imagehosting.com/)

My guess?
1. Take the pliers
2. dig out towards faq
3. Build new capital
4. Secure capital with now functioning Foolamancer.
5. ???
6. Profit

DevilDan
2008-12-01, 12:05 PM
Can they realistically get away? Only if they go by air or possibly if they have Jack with them. Plus, I don't know exactly how many turns it would take even a skilled dirtamancer to dig a tunnel of any substantial length.

Sieggy
2008-12-01, 01:41 PM
Can they realistically get away? Only if they go by air or possibly if they have Jack with them. Plus, I don't know exactly how many turns it would take even a skilled dirtamancer to dig a tunnel of any substantial length.

There's the transporter room that could take them all to the Magic Kingdom, as Parson mentioned to Sizemore. The question is then begged; if GK falls, and goes neutral, does that release the casters (and Parson) from the loyalty spells which bind them? If so, they would all be free to sell their services to whomever. I can see Charlie there, checkbook (or Schmuckerbags) in hand. If casters are that valuable, I can't see unemployment being an issue with them.

And one little thing that's been bothering me . . . how did Jaclyn know whether or not Wanda was under a loyalty spell? That's not something that would come up in the stat-o-vision, so is deep discernment an Archon function?

SteveMB
2008-12-01, 01:56 PM
There's the transporter room that could take them all to the Magic Kingdom, as Parson mentioned to Sizemore.

Parson said (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/erf0114.html) that he'd send all the casters. The fact that he didn't suggest trying to save anybody else that way, himself included, would seem to imply that only casters can use that portal.

Winged One
2008-12-01, 02:39 PM
And one little thing that's been bothering me . . . how did Jaclyn know whether or not Wanda was under a loyalty spell? That's not something that would come up in the stat-o-vision, so is deep discernment an Archon function?

They're the signature unit of the undisputed master of Thinkamancy, and that's the only kind of magic they've shown the ability to sense. I think those facts might be related.

dresdor
2008-12-01, 03:21 PM
Probably gonig to be something more like Minas Tirith, where Toolagorn comes in with the reinforcements that Parson desperately needs and saves the day.

That or it'll be like Minas Tirith, where Tooladen King comes riding down with the calvary to get mercilessly slaughtered by heavies.

Either way, LOTR references FTW

Godskook
2008-12-01, 03:40 PM
The question is then begged; if GK falls, and goes neutral, does that release the casters (and Parson) from the loyalty spells which bind them?

We have no reason to believe that any casters are under loyalty spells. Maggie is a Thinkamancer, and presumably has a higher than normal immunity. Sizemore is old-school plaid tribe, and I highly doubt that Stanley needed to cast such a spell on such a passive local. Wanda isn't, as per the archons. Finally, I presume Jack isn't either, based on the story.

Parson, on the other hand, is a beast of a different color. We know that the spell that found him also bound him to serve Stanley, but we don't know how exactly this works, since the spell is Findamancy/Lookamancy (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/erf0036.html), not Thinkamancy.

DevilDan
2008-12-01, 04:07 PM
We have no reason to believe that any casters are under loyalty spells. Maggie is a Thinkamancer, and presumably has a higher than normal immunity. Sizemore is old-school plaid tribe, and I highly doubt that Stanley needed to cast such a spell on such a passive local. Wanda isn't, as per the archons. Finally, I presume Jack isn't either, based on the story.

Parson, on the other hand, is a beast of a different color. We know that the spell that found him also bound him to serve Stanley, but we don't know how exactly this works, since the spell is Findamancy/Lookamancy (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/erf0036.html), not Thinkamancy.

Units have natural duty and loyalty; these are the normal strictures placed on every unit aligned with a city/side/kingdom, normally. However, spells can be used to alter loyalties when valuable units, particularly casters, are captured. These are the spells of which Wanda was free, according to the archons.

Godskook
2008-12-01, 08:48 PM
Units have natural duty and loyalty; these are the normal strictures placed on every unit aligned with a city/side/kingdom, normally. However, spells can be used to alter loyalties when valuable units, particularly casters, are captured. These are the spells of which Wanda was free, according to the archons.

I never mention natural 'thinkamancy', nor does the poster to which I was responding. We were both talking about spells. So, I'm left wondering what you're trying to say here.

On a side note, I have always assumed that natural 'thinkamancy' was nothing more than local jargon - i.e. nothing magical about it at all, just simply how things work, pretty much how it would work anywhere else.