PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever experienced instant karma?`

Berserk Monk
2008-12-02, 01:03 AM
So here's what happened: I'm doing work for one of my classes right? Now, the reading is due tomorrow (well, today as it is past midnight), but most of the time my teacher doesn't find out if a student actually read the text. To be honest, this was the first chapter I read in the book for a while. Anyway, I'm in a quiet secluded area reading when I get done and decide to go back to my room. As I'm about to cross the street and get back to my dorm, I see a car pass by and one of the hubcaps spins off. Right? It was hilarious and awesome. So I go over to the hubcap and take it back to my room because I'm an art student so I may be able to use it in a sculptural project.

Anyway moral of the story, do your work and you'll get to see something awesome and find something cool.

Jølly
2008-12-02, 01:15 AM
I once made fun of my aunt for stubbing her toe only to turn away and immediately hit my head hard on an open cabinet door. It was pretty stupid of me but in between my whimpers I was still laughing. :smalltongue:

Not really sure if that counts...

UncleWolf
2008-12-02, 01:17 AM
Dude, I think you would have gotten even better Karma if you had at least tried to give the person their hubcap back. That way you tried to do something good.

thubby
2008-12-02, 01:26 AM
i once stopped to help someone who was lost on campus, which made me about 10 minutes late, only to find class canceled. :smallbiggrin:

WoWganker
2008-12-02, 01:28 AM
One time I punched a kid just to prove I was awesome, then I found a twenty dollar bill.

When you are awesome, awesome things happen to you, it seems. :smallbiggrin:

Micate
2008-12-02, 01:29 AM
Along the lines of the OP, I've had a few times where the one time I do the homework in my classes back in high school, would turn out to be the one time the teacher actually checked if I did it. Almost like I had an eighth sense for when they were going to check... Of course... that was me slacking off, so I doubt that was the source of my karma, more like that was my good karma for keeping everyone else in the class from failing (I frequently tutored what felt like half the class during our mutual free periods).

averagejoe
2008-12-02, 01:48 AM
One time I punched a kid just to prove I was awesome, then I found a twenty dollar bill.

I agree with your second line. However, if you need to prove how awesome you are, how awesome could you possibly be?

Berserk Monk
2008-12-02, 01:52 AM
Dude, I think you would have gotten even better Karma if you had at least tried to give the person their hubcap back. That way you tried to do something good.

What could I have done? I couldn't catch up to the car. I don't know whose car it was. I have no way of tracking down the person, and they didn't even know it fell off. Finders keepers.

Extra_Crispy
2008-12-02, 01:56 AM
Cant really say I have experienced instant Karma, I have stopped and helped people who's car is disabled but nothing special happened afterward. Though with my history I think I used up all the karma in my life and am now paying it back. Surviving a terrible accident, burned and electricuted by over 140k volts, but having NO internal injuries (some minor bone issues in my left elbow, long story) with my mind complete! I do have scars over most my body but not my face. I work as a nurse now, and help people when I can, paying off that huge debt to the Karmic pool.

Lord Herman
2008-12-02, 03:51 AM

That's not karma. That's a random loot drop.

UncleWolf
2008-12-02, 09:48 AM
What could I have done? I couldn't catch up to the car. I don't know whose car it was. I have no way of tracking down the person, and they didn't even know it fell off. Finders keepers.

Oh, in that case, it was fine.

Krytha
2008-12-02, 10:11 AM
Once I studied all night for a test and as I trudged wearily through snowbanks to school thinking that doom was imminent, I get there and find out that it is a snowday. Success!

Vagnarok
2008-12-02, 11:06 AM
One time, when I was still in middle school, I awoke to both of my parents calling out to me: "Harrison... Get up and look out the window; it snowed! School's been cancelled!" I was astonished! I leaped out of bed and sprang over to my window only to see the color green. Horrible, nasty, lively green.
My parents then came up, laughed and said, "Happy April fool's day!"

I was furious with them (and I kind of still am lol), so I quickly got dressed and ran downstairs ahead of them while they were getting ready for work. Before they came down I poured salt into their coffee mugs.

So yes, I do believe in karma, and I have experienced it. If you are a jerk to your kid, he will make you spit out your coffee.

Doran_Liadon
2008-12-02, 11:25 PM
My friend encountered quite the opposite. He was making prank calls and when he hung up and walked around he tripped and broke his foot.

skywalker
2008-12-03, 12:34 AM

License plate number?

Berserk Monk
2008-12-03, 12:37 AM
License plate number?

I didn't see it. The car was going too fast, and it was kind of dark (nighttime).

UncleWolf
2008-12-03, 02:17 AM
My friend encountered quite the opposite. He was making prank calls and when he hung up and walked around he tripped and broke his foot.

:smallamused:
funny

Jimorian
2008-12-03, 02:28 AM
It wasn't completely instant, but the company that just fired me for trumped up reasons (I admitted my mistake, but the real reason that didn't matter was because they had an opportunity to dump a full-timer with benefits making $4/hr more than minimum so they could replace me with 2 cheaper part-timers) had their stock start to nosedive on that very day. After just 2 months, the stock price fell from $6.50 to $0.65.

At least I now have empirical proof that I was the most valuable employee in the company. :smallwink:

Killersquid
2008-12-03, 03:36 AM
Sorry, but you won't experience karma until your next life. :smallamused:

skywalker
2008-12-04, 01:33 AM
I didn't see it. The car was going too fast, and it was kind of dark (nighttime).

I see. I wasn't trying to criticize.

"License plate number" were merely the first words I thought when I read your post.

Faceist
2008-12-04, 01:44 AM
However, if you need to prove how awesome you are, how awesome could you possibly be?
Well, if you abseil down sheer cliff faces with your stubble, or defend the earth from interplanetary invasion by rocking out on a guitar, or go on a tri-state killing spree wielding your own intestines as a crude lasso, pretty damn awesome.

Yes, I have experienced instant karma. Yes, it was the bad kind. Yes, I broke my toe. :smallannoyed:

averagejoe
2008-12-04, 01:46 AM
Well, if you abseil down sheer cliff faces with your stubble, or defend the earth from interplanetary invasion by rocking out on a guitar, or go on a tri-state killing spree wielding your own intestines as a crude lasso, pretty damn awesome.

Yes, I have experienced instant karma. Yes, it was the bad kind. Yes, I broke my toe. :smallannoyed:

Yes, but you do those things because you're awesome, not to prove that you're awesome. They wouldn't work otherwise.

User Name
2008-12-04, 01:49 AM
I voted for Nader and later in the day I found out I got a 90 on a test I hadn't studied for.

Khanderas
2008-12-04, 02:21 AM
I voted for Nader and later in the day I found out I got a 90 on a test I hadn't studied for.
Quite a feat, since your location is Finland (or so you avatar location leads us to believe).

Griever
2008-12-04, 02:26 AM
"You know, I used to think it was awful that life was so unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair, and all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So, now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."

-- Marcus

Flame of Anor
2008-12-04, 02:32 AM
One time, when I was still in middle school, I awoke to both of my parents calling out to me: "Harrison... Get up and look out the window; it snowed! School's been cancelled!" I was astonished! I leaped out of bed and sprang over to my window only to see the color green. Horrible, nasty, lively green.
My parents then came up, laughed and said, "Happy April fool's day!"

I was furious with them (and I kind of still am lol), so I quickly got dressed and ran downstairs ahead of them while they were getting ready for work. Before they came down I poured salt into their coffee mugs.

So yes, I do believe in karma, and I have experienced it. If you are a jerk to your kid, he will make you spit out your coffee.

Awesome. They totally deserved it. :smallbiggrin:

Inhuman Bot
2008-12-05, 09:30 AM
I got the opposite.

I helped a person at school who was crying for a reason I couldn't dechiper.
So after he goes to the school guidence office, I go to class, leave, relize I forgot my ipod, and it was stolen. :smallmad:

Mauve Shirt
2008-12-05, 09:36 AM
This past Wednesday, I go to class with an unfinished presentation, then we run out of time and I have until Friday to finish it.
Except it's still not-quite finished. Better than it was on Wednesday though.

Ilena
2008-12-05, 09:51 AM
Ive never really had any instant karma that i know of .. my life is balanced ... bad stuff happen ... good stuff happens ... bad and good in even messures ... but sure i dont really help people much unless you include customers, but i do hold open doors for people so that must count for something :D

TRM
2008-12-05, 01:15 PM
Sorry, but you won't experience karma until your next life. :smallamused:
Indeed. Damn kids, changing what all these words mean! *shakes fist*

I got the opposite.

I helped a person at school who was crying for a reason I couldn't dechiper.
So after he goes to the school guidence office, I go to class, leave, relize I forgot my ipod, and it was stolen.
Man, that's rough. :smallfrown:
I'd like to condone your efforts anyway—it was still a really nice thing to do. :smallsmile:
If we used the "correct" meaning of karma, you'd be rewarded in the next life—woohoo!!

This past Wednesday, I go to class with an unfinished presentation, then we run out of time and I have until Friday to finish it.
Except it's still not-quite finished. Better than it was on Wednesday though.
:smallconfused:
What was the good thing that you did? It can't be karma without an action of yours 'causing' it.
Though, yay! Maybe your class will be canceled today as well...

V Junior
2008-12-06, 05:45 AM
Yeezh. Baaad memory alert...

We had to do a height and weight thing in Year 6 (note: English). And after my turn had finished, I said "What a waste of time" under my breath, even though it was important. Next thing I know? I've stubbed my toe SO BADLY that my ENTIRE TOENAIL came off!

Very painful. I could barely walk for about two weeks. Karma-riffic!

User Name
2008-12-06, 06:00 AM
I'm not sure how that could be a karmic response to what you said...

BizzaroStormy
2008-12-06, 11:51 AM
Alright heres one. The ice cream machine at my school is the kind the uses a vacuum to pick up your ice cream and drop it into the slot. Well, while I was making my selection one day, I noticed a kid next to me searching his pockets furiously. I asked him what was wrong and he said that he was hungry and couldn't find his wallet.

Hearing this I handed him a dollar and went back about getting my ice cream. When the vacuum pulled it up, there wasnt just one, but 2 additional ice cream sandwiches frozen to the one I had purchased.

Comet
2008-12-06, 05:42 PM
Once upon a time I managed to pull some pretty convincing argumentation in a school debate. Good laughs were had by all and I went home fairly pleased at myself.

On my way home, there was a random house on fire.
I still don't know what to think of it. :smalltongue:

Flickerdart
2008-12-06, 06:15 PM
I'm sure the combined abysmal luck I have should end up in some sort of lottery win from a ticket I find on the street. I can't think of anything else that would off-balance this stuff.