PDA

View Full Version : 132 The Battle for Gobwin Knob, Page 119

Pages : 1 [2]

Godskook
2008-12-09, 03:37 PM
I agree that no buff spells have been mentioned, as I don't know how one would class Maggie's "Ephedra" spell, which did seem to me to boost (or only restore?) Parson's alertness and mental acuity.

I assume that "Ephedra" falls into the general Esuna/Panacea remedy spell class. Some FF games obsess over them, to my dismay, while others keep it relatively simple.

Lamech
2008-12-09, 04:35 PM
Where's the civilization part? We only see military units, the guys in comand are the strongest in combat, and you don't really see much nonmilitary buildings.

Diplomacy is kept to a minimum, and "hack them untill they stop moving" seems to be the most popular tactic around.

FAQ tried to become a nonmilitar nation, and even then they had to rely on air raids to survive. And then they got wiped out.
Hmm... maybe more like total war, civilization sprang to mind first. Jillian mentioned both farms and mines. And "diplomacy is kept to a minimum?" Err... The alliance, and Charlie all have diplomatic relationships...

The oposite? I don't understand that part. Artifacts are magic items in Efworld, just like everywhere else.
Umm... No? Artifacts are things made by humans... in english at least. In Erfworld they are things NOT made by men.

Goshen
2008-12-10, 07:11 AM
In a previous thread, another poster kept insisting that all my comments were motivated by my positive opinion of Stanley despite my statements to the contrary. So I croaked and uncroaked Ansom.

......... LOL

DevilDan
2008-12-10, 11:23 AM
I assume that "Ephedra" falls into the general Esuna/Panacea remedy spell class. Some FF games obsess over them, to my dismay, while others keep it relatively simple.

Not to nitpick, but ephedra is used as a stimulant. A proper healing spell would be something like "acetaminophen"...

Godskook
2008-12-10, 11:35 AM
Not to nitpick, but ephedra is used as a stimulant. A proper healing spell would be something like "acetaminophen"...

Hmm....I stand corrected. That means it is either a buff spell(haste like effect) or it could still be a remedy spell(cures 'tired'). 'Course, the line between buff spells and remedy spells is paper-thin in some places.