PDA

View Full Version : Villain Concepts: Eberron 3.5

Avilon Rayne
2008-12-05, 07:54 PM
So, I'm prepping an Eberron game, and I'm hitting a bit of a bind. I want a villain of some sort, but I just can't seem to think of anything! It's like banging my head against a writer's block, but getting nothing productive out of it. If anyone has some ideas they don't mind throwing at me, I'd really appreciate it.

I need a villain that players can feel sorry for, a henchman that the players will enjoy killing, and maybe a couple more henchman just for good measure.

The overall plot involves House Cannith trying to uncover some of its old forgotten experiments. Obviously, there are plenty of people who would want to stop this, and still more that would want to beat them to it. Political battles may ensue, and the potential for a new war is very real, and is completely in the hands of the players (as in, their actions determine if it will be war or politics or both).

Tacoma
2008-12-05, 07:59 PM
The Sun is also a giant dragon! And so it this tankard!

My beard is a giant dragon it is just sleeping

Tadanori Oyama
2008-12-05, 08:01 PM
A warforged who has the right section of its torso (and right arm) made from a different kind of material than the rest of its body. It also has various pieces missing or added on so it seems large and yet far too thin.

A Shifter who wears small ivory charms on braclets and in his hair. He has dozens, each a tiny carved symbol. The "ivory" was taken from people who he's tortured. He doesn't take any from people he's killed because that would be bad luck.

Tacoma
2008-12-05, 08:04 PM
Oh a warforged who has biological components. But they rot away and die after a while, and of course battle damage is a problem. So he has to gather new parts all the time.

The fresher the better.

shadow_archmagi
2008-12-05, 08:08 PM
Crazy gnome tinker with crazy robot-legions. French Revolutionist Clockwork robots for organ harvesting, giant frogs with laser eye beams, flying spiked metal balls with human heads inside piloting them...

Oslecamo
2008-12-05, 08:16 PM
A:Half daelkyr cleric hunted by civilization and forced to work for a dragon below that took him in. He's not really a bad guy(just neutral), but it's driven to do dark deeds by a mind flayer conseuler who tells him all the inocent killing is for some greater good.

He has got one beholder and some other aberration bodyguards.

B: Jack the fighter was a very popular warrior. Untill he got possessed by a quori spirit, who now uses jack's reputation to make ill. Jack can't fight off the quori spirit by himself, and is constant pain by seeing himself cheat those who once trusted him and spreading evi.

He's constantly watched by a wicked nonpossessed corrupt psion who delights on torturing the mind of people. Add quori spirits and other psionic guys as extra hencmen as needed.

Avilon Rayne
2008-12-05, 10:29 PM
Awesome...thanks for the ideas!

I particularly like Tadanori Oyama's and Oslecamo's ideas. I think I'm on to something now... thanks again!

*gets back to work* :smallbiggrin: