PDA

View Full Version : Deities And Demigods(PEACH)

ArlEammon
2008-12-06, 02:49 AM
Saradinus
Level 60 wizard
Medium Outsider
Divine Rank: 20
hit dice: 20d8+600, 60d4+600 = 1,600
initiative: +14 ( +10 dexterity, +4 improved initiative)
speed: 60 feet
AC: 88 (+20 divine, +10 dexterity, +33 natural, +15 deflection)
Attacks: +95/+90/+85/+80 Improved Unarmed Strike, +95/+90/+85/+80 Ray
Damage: 2d6+15(27* always maximize roll)
Face/Reach:5ft by 5f/5ft
Special Attacks: domain powers, salient divine abilities, spell like abilities
Special Qualities: Divine Immunities, DR 55/, fire resistance 40, spontaneous casting of divine spells, understand, speak, and read all languages and speak directly to all beings within 20 miles, remote communication, godly realm, teleport without error at will, plane shift at will, familiar (pseudo dragon), SR 52, Divine aura
Saves: +98 Fortitude, +78 Reflex, +88 Will
Abilities: 40 strength, 30 dexterity, 70 constitution, 60 intelligence, 50 wisdom, 40 charisma
Skills: 1,746 skill points total:
SpellCraft 144,
Knowledge (Arcana) 114
Knowledge (dragons) 114
Knowledge (philosophy) 114
Knowledge (religion) 114
Knowledge (the planes) 114
Knowledge (nature) 114
Knowledge (history) 114
Heal 109 921
Concentration 124
Alchemy 114
Profession (doctor) 92
scry 114 1,265
Spot 92
Listen 92
Intimidate 87
Diplomacy 87
Feats: forge ring, craft wand, craft staff, craft wondrous item, brew potion, craft magical arms and armor, combat casting, Metamagics: sacred, still, empower, quicken, silent, enlarge, extend, eschew materials, reach spell, improved initiative, hold the line, fleet of foot, weapon focus: ray, dodge, spell penetration, greater spell penetration, heighten spell, improved unarmed attack, deflect arrows

Epic Feats: Multi-spell 4, Ignore Material Components, Enhance 8

Salient Divine Abilities:
Divine Blast, Mass Divine Blast, Gift of Life, Life And Death, Mass Life And Death, Arcane Mastery, Spontaneous Wizard Spells, Alter Reality, Divine Skill focus: Spell craft, divine fast healing, rejuvenationx6, instant counter spell, avatar, divine spell casting, divine dodge, see magic, monstrous blood(As Zeus), battle sense, divine weapon focus: Ray

Divine Immunities: ability damage, ability drain, acid, cold, death effects, disease, disintegration, electricity, energy drain, mind-affecting effects, paralysis, poison, sleep, stunning, transmutation, imprisonment, banishment

Saradinus
Ascended One
domains: good, magic, scaly kind, knowledge, life, healing
portfolio: wisdom, magic, virtue, dragons

Vadin
2008-12-06, 11:27 AM
Ok...but why?

Magnor Criol
2008-12-06, 11:42 AM
Things I noticed offhand:

Saradinus
Knowledge (Arcana) 114
Knowledge (dragons) 114
Knowledge (religion) 114
Knowledge (nature) 114
Knowledge (history) 114

You...sorta made up some knowledge skills there. Dragons and philosophy don't get knowledge checks on their own. Dragons would be covered by Knowledge (Arcana) [source (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/skills/knowledge.htm)], and philosophy would probably be...well, really, it'd probably just be an Int check. Maaaaybe it could be filed under Religion, but it doesn't fit well.

Heal 109 921
scry 114 1,265

What do the different two numbers mean?

Also, like Vadin said: Why? What is this? You've given us a random stat block, but you should describe Saradinus a bit, tell us where he reigns and what his goals are and such.

ArlEammon
2008-12-06, 02:13 PM
Saradinus
Level 60 wizard
Medium Outsider
Divine Rank: 20
hit dice: 20d8+600, 20d4+600 = 1,400
initiative: +14 ( +10 dexterity, +4 improved initiative)
speed: 60 feet
AC: 88 (+20 divine, +10 dexterity, +33 natural, +15 deflection)
Attacks: +95/+90/+85/+80 Improved Unarmed Strike, +95/+90/+85/+80 Ray
Damage: 2d6+15(27* always maximize roll)
Face/Reach:5ft by 5f/5ft
Special Attacks: domain powers, salient divine abilities, spell like abilities
Special Qualities: Divine Immunities, DR 55/, fire resistance 40, spontaneous casting of divine spells, understand, speak, and read all languages and speak directly to all beings within 20 miles, remote communication, godly realm, teleport without error at will, plane shift at will, familiar (pseudo dragon), SR 52, Divine aura
Saves: +98 Fortitude, +78 Reflex, +88 Will
Abilities: 40 strength, 30 dexterity, 70 constitution, 60 intelligence, 50 wisdom, 40 charisma
Skills: 1,746 skill points total:
SpellCraft 144,
Knowledge (Arcana) 114
Knowledge (dragons) 114
Knowledge (religion) 114
Knowledge (nature) 114
Knowledge (history) 114
Heal 109 921
Concentration 124
Alchemy 114
Profession (doctor) 92
scry 114 1,265
Spot 92
Listen 92
Intimidate 87
Diplomacy 87
Feats: forge ring, craft wand, craft staff, craft wondrous item, brew potion, craft magical arms and armor, combat casting, Metamagics: sacred, still, empower, quicken, silent, enlarge, extend, eschew materials, reach spell, improved initiative, hold the line, fleet of foot, weapon focus: ray, dodge, spell penetration, greater spell penetration, heighten spell, improved unarmed attack, deflect arrows

Epic Feats: Multi-spell 4, Ignore Material Components, Enhance 8

Salient Divine Abilities:
Divine Blast, Mass Divine Blast, Gift of Life, Life And Death, Mass Life And Death, Arcane Mastery, Spontaneous Wizard Spells, Alter Reality, Divine Skill focus: Spell craft, divine fast healing, rejuvenationx6, instant counter spell, avatar, divine spell casting, divine dodge, see magic, monstrous blood(As Zeus), battle sense, divine weapon focus: Ray

Divine Immunities: ability damage, ability drain, acid, cold, death effects, disease, disintegration, electricity, energy drain, mind-affecting effects, paralysis, poison, sleep, stunning, transmutation, imprisonment, banishment

Saradinus
Ascended One
domains: good, magic, scaly kind, knowledge, life, healing
portfolio: wisdom, magic, virtue, dragons

Saradinus was a god who served under The Wyrm, an evil god who serves Asmodeus. Saradinus was the first among the gods of Lall, a world where The Wyrm once destroyed an entire race for not accepting the religion of the Xel'Naga.

Saradinus, the Archmage of the gods continued to build up his military power in his sacred Island of Teke. The country known as Tekea was built after several centuries of humans living on the island. Eventually, Saradinus created dragons and dragon born. An entire race of Tree folk was born on Tekea that was strengthened by the presence of a giant tree, known as the Life Tree, which granted life to those on the island.

Saradinus'es plans never came to full fruitiion. He managed to ascend from godhood and become something greater, but he never became powerful enough to destroy Asmodeus and the Wyrm head on. On the other hand, he managed show his muscles by defeating the Behemoth in combat on the Far Moon.

Vadin
2008-12-06, 02:17 PM
Saradinus was a god who served under The Wyrm, an evil god who serves Asmodeus. Saradinus was the first among the gods of Lall, a world where The Wyrm once destroyed an entire race for not accepting the religion of the Xel'Naga.

Saradinus, the Archmage of the gods continued to build up his military power in his sacred Island of Teke. The country known as Tekea was built after several centuries of humans living on the island. Eventually, Saradinus created dragons and dragon born. An entire race of Tree folk was born on Tekea that was strengthened by the presence of a giant tree, known as the Life Tree, which granted life to those on the island.

Saradinus'es plans never came to full fruitiion. He managed to ascend from godhood and become something greater, but he never became powerful enough to destroy Asmodeus and the Wyrm head on. On the other hand, he managed show his muscles by defeating the Behemoth in combat on the Far Moon.

Out of curiosity, where's the source material for this?

Al-Ashrad
2008-12-06, 02:22 PM
Ok, there's a reason why I don't make stat blocks for any diety in any game I have ever run. The moment you assign stats to a god in your campaign, one of your players will try to find a way to kill them. And no matter how many chinks in your god's armour you think have closed, there will be one open and it will be exploited.

Whenever I have created dieties, I will just create names, alignments, and domains for my gods and leave it at that. I prefer keeping them that way. Now, I have made an Avatar for a particular diety from time to time, and they are always epic encounters. Otherwise, I tend to keep my gods' interactions with my campaign world to an absolute bare minimum.

Al-Ashrad
2008-12-06, 02:25 PM
Out of curiosity, where's the source material for this?

I'm under the impression this was one of his characters who somehow ascended into godhood. That's kind of what it looks like.

ArlEammon
2008-12-06, 02:44 PM
I'm under the impression this was one of his characters who somehow ascended into godhood. That's kind of what it looks like.

I guess I wasn't good at explaining this one. Saradinus was a god who Ascended to become greater than a god. And I don't mean a "greater god" lol.

Moff Chumley
2008-12-06, 02:55 PM
...I don't follow. Greater than a god would be...

Fan
2008-12-06, 03:00 PM
Its homebrew for a game called Gods of a New star.
I played the God of Technology, and Protoss in that game.
Had much fun. even though I gave my LIFE FOR AUIR.

Mando Knight
2008-12-06, 03:09 PM
I guess I wasn't good at explaining this one. Saradinus was a god who Ascended to become greater than a god. And I don't mean a "greater god" lol.

He's not greater than a god, yet. He's only got 40 hit dice (so he's only level 40, vs. a greater god's 50-70 (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/divine/divineRanksAndPowers.htm#divineCharacteristics) hit dice...), and despite his otherwise utterly broken attributes, I'm pretty sure that Corellon or Bahamut could fight him one-on-one, and an Overdeity could destroy him by thinking.

If you wanted the character to become an overdeity, you simply replace his statblock with:

Every round, 1d4 opponents die. There are things which man was not meant to fight.

Zeta Kai
2008-12-06, 03:12 PM
The skill bonus for a level 60 character with 60 Intelligence should be +88 maximum, before feats & magic items. I don't see how your Knowledge bonuses all got up to +114, or how your Spellcraft bonus is +144. Can you explain please?

ArlEammon
2008-12-06, 03:13 PM
He's not greater than a god, yet. He's only got 40 hit dice (so he's only level 40, vs. a greater god's 50-70 (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/divine/divineRanksAndPowers.htm#divineCharacteristics) hit dice...), and despite his otherwise utterly broken attributes, I'm pretty sure that Corellon or Bahamut could fight him one-on-one, and an Overdeity could destroy him by thinking.

If you wanted the character to become an overdeity, you simply replace his statblock with:

Every round, 1d4 opponents die. There are things which man was not meant to fight.

Mortals aren't alot like Elminster in that game unless a god directly makes them like that. Furthermore, I haven't finished giving him his spells per day. ;)

Edit- Yea. I'm using Deities and Demigods.... They have something like synergy bonuses there.... and Boccob has 124 skill points in spell craft...
I may have used the divine ranks as a bonus...

Fax Celestis
2008-12-06, 03:14 PM
The skill bonus for a level 60 character with 60 Intelligence should be +88 maximum, before feats & magic items. I don't see how your Knowledge bonuses all got up to +114, or how your Spellcraft bonus is +144. Can you explain please?

IIRC, gods get their divine rank as a bonus on all skill checks.