PDA

View Full Version : potential theory about arkentools

Fjolnir
2008-12-10, 02:37 PM
this was probably already given. But given the way magic is handled in the world (www.giantitp.com/comics/erf0040.html) and the fact that multiple people assume that the arkentools are all aligned along the fate axis (predict, doll, change, think, sign, croak, carny, heal -/a/o/mancy, respectively) and the theory that vinny has about the tools canceling one another (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/erf0022.html) is it possible that they can specifically cancel one another due to alignment along the life/motion/matter axis? for example the Arkendish which is Thinkamancy(allegedly) aligned, which is an Eyemancy, being life/motion aligned being directly opposed by the matter/motion axis one (Croakamancy in Naughtymancy)? or the arguably Stagemancy/ Carnymancy '-hammer being opposed by the Clevermancy/ Healomancy tool (stagemancy uses all three, clevermancy uses none). which means that the '-pliers may either be the counter to the archons or the dwagons due to what people extrapolate from in comic evidence. Feel free to blast me as much as you like on it.

Godskook
2008-12-10, 03:02 PM
is it possible that they can specifically cancel one another due to alignment along the life/motion/matter axis?

Any mechanic along this line would only make sense to me if it worked in a rock/scissors/paper system around the allignment axis.(effectively dividing the schools into 2 groups of 3 which do rsp style canceling, and 1 group of 2 which cancel each other) Following the trainofthought, healomancy would be opposed to carnymancy, which doesn't make sense to me.

Anyway, I doubt such a mechanic exists because I doubt the weapons have any kind of mechanic-based canceling effect on each other.

DevilDan
2008-12-10, 03:08 PM
I wouldn't assume that Vinnie necessarily proposed some magical "canceling" system; it could mean that he is suggesting that the advantages granted by the arkenhammer would be compensated for or counterbalanced on the other side by the advantages granted by the arkenpliers.