PDA

View Full Version : Lord of the Rings WW : The journey begins! [Recruitment now closed]

Dallas-Dakota
2008-12-11, 11:52 AM
Lord of the Rings 1: The Journey Begins

One Ring to rule them all,
One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all
and in the darkness, bind them.

The shadow grows and casts darkness over the land. The presence of the One Ring has been discovered and now it is up to an unlikely hobbit to save Middle Earth. Though he is not alone, many fearsome foes and dangerous obstacles lie in his path. Among these are the dreaded Ringwraiths, former kings of men twisted by Sauron’s power. And it is at the Prancing Pony Inn they await, just as the small group of hobbits arrive.

Welcome to the Lord of the Rings 1: The Journey Begins, a WW game based off of Tolkien’s beloved and influential trilogy. Will Frodo and the ring manage to escape the closing clutches of the Ringwraiths or will the quest to save Middle Earth end almost as soon as it began?

Narrator: Dallas-Dakota
Co-Narrators: Andre Fairchilde and Reinholdt

Roles

Defenders of Middle Earth
Gandalf(seer) : With a mighty 350 years of walking on this planet, he has gathered many wisdom and allies, each night he can scry a player and see their true role identity and motives!

Barliman Butterbur(fool): Owner of the Inn of the Prancing Pony, he means well but is quite forgetful. Thinks he's Gandalf(the seer) and each night can scry a player, but gets random results. Scrying the same player gets the same result. Scrys of Gandalf come back as Barliman Butterbur.

Strider, or better said, Aragorn(baner) : They call him strider, one of the rangers, they keep the land safe from monsters and such and have many years of experience with fighting and surviving in the wild. Each night he can bane protect somebody from the wolves evil forces of Mordor!

Frodo, Sam, Merry and Pippin(Masons) : A lovely quatro of hobbits, on a dangerous adventure, but they know they can trust eachother through and through!

Wary travellers(villagers) : Your power is the power of the vote, you try to get to the safety of Rivendell as soon as possible, for these days the roads are not as safe anymore, as they used to be.

Forces of Mordor
Sauron(Devil) : He's back, in the form of a great fiery, liddles eye on the fortress of Barad-dur, which he can see through , rock, wood, cloth and even the flesh!

Nazgul(wolves) : Once, nine proud kings of men, but they took the evil rings of power that Sauron gave them, seduced by their greed. They are now the nine. In the service of Sauron and clothed in black.
The Wolves and Devil do not start knowing eachother at the beginning.

Players

Shadowcaller
Istari
Catseye2121
Aemoh
Phantomfox
Iceddragons
Uncle Festy
Sedracus
D_Lord
Bayar
Zar Peter
Murska
Vampiric
Mechafox
Supagoof
Dirk Kris - away untill 5th of January.
Emperor Demonking
Fin

"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to."
-Bilbo Baggins of the Shire.

Shadowcaller
2008-12-11, 06:03 PM
So it has come to this... IN!

No roles yet?:smalleek: I could help you with those:smallwink:.

Istari
2008-12-11, 06:07 PM
Soooooo in

TFT
2008-12-11, 06:36 PM
*Joins in*

Aemoh
2008-12-11, 07:03 PM
In, says I.

PhantomFox
2008-12-11, 07:08 PM
Definately in.

Hyozo
2008-12-11, 07:21 PM
I'm In

Reinholdt
2008-12-11, 07:23 PM
WW game? In.

Wait a sec! I'm co-narrator! :smalleek:
*panics*

Uncle Festy
2008-12-11, 09:37 PM
Two words:
Eye.
En.
:smalltongue:

Sedracus
2008-12-12, 12:58 AM
The fact that I joined GITP for this game should say it all. :mitd:

D_Lord
2008-12-12, 01:04 AM
Find the Roles, Sauron will want them.(In other words in.)

UncleWolf
2008-12-12, 01:31 AM
When does it start?

Reinholdt
2008-12-12, 01:33 AM
When does it start?
December 22nd or 23rd.

Bayar
2008-12-12, 03:33 AM
Me wants ins !

Zar Peter
2008-12-12, 06:45 AM
I'm in! I play as Elrond, the Balrog :smalltongue:

Murska
2008-12-12, 07:27 AM
In as the Daltonic Sauron! But I prolly won't roleplay anyway.

Vampiric
2008-12-12, 09:03 AM
In, with hobbitses!

Fawkes
2008-12-12, 10:45 AM
In, Mister Frodo!

Dirk Kris
2008-12-12, 11:02 AM
I'll be in, depending on start date.

Supagoof
2008-12-12, 11:39 AM
Hmmm. Riskies, no knowing what roles there be. Buts me sees the way yess.

We musts keeps me preciousess from those filthy hobbitsess.

Ins we are. :smallamused:

Emperor Demonking
2008-12-12, 11:42 AM
Sign me up.

Dallas-Dakota
2008-12-12, 12:48 PM
Sign me up.

Damn....

I will need to re-check the rules when they come against breakage and typo's thrice now.........

Nah, just kidding, glad to have you in!

I'll be in, depending on start date.

December 22nd or 23rd.

There you go:smallwink:

UncleWolf
2008-12-12, 12:49 PM
Well, I won't be able to play. Good luck you guys.

Dallas-Dakota
2008-12-12, 12:52 PM
Well, I won't be able to play. Good luck you guys.
But Mr. Frodo....in so many stories, the hero's had so many chances to turn back.
You know why they didn't? Because they held on to something.

What do we hang onto Sam?

That there's still some good in this world, and that it's worth fighting for!

P.S. Sad to see you withdraw, have fun with whatever you'l be doing then.

Heroic
2008-12-12, 06:03 PM
Dammit.. I won't be able to play

banjo1985
2008-12-13, 12:13 PM
Signing up, and forewarning of my possible lack of activity.

Dallas-Dakota
2008-12-13, 05:47 PM
Well I'm planning a lack of auto-lynches, maybe if you don't votes for three days orso.... And that's without notice:smallwink:

Emperor Demonking
2008-12-14, 06:07 AM
I thought you said soon. Its been three days.

Shadowcaller
2008-12-14, 06:17 AM

But... the game have not started yet.
D-D was talking about of using three days until the autolyncar gets you instead of two days.

He seems to be able to control it better then me...

Dallas-Dakota
2008-12-14, 06:31 AM
But... the game have not started yet.
D-D was talking about of using three days until the autolyncar gets you instead of two days.

He seems to be able to control it better then me...
Indeed.

But I think EDK ment the roles.
To which I have to say.
I spent almost my entire saturday on the dutch gitp meetup.
And I also have other stuff to do, both gitp and RL, but I'l try to work on them today. Though I will first pass them onto judgement of my co-narrators for discussion and such before posting them in the thread.

Reinholdt
2008-12-14, 11:42 AM
Plus I'm the one who wrote soon in there. If you must blame someone, look at me. Poor DD has more weeks of exams than I thought possible. We'll get them up before the game starts, don't worry.

Fin
2008-12-16, 01:54 PM
In, with the One... Cake!

You know ya'll thought i was gonna say ring...

Supagoof
2008-12-16, 02:13 PM
In, with the One... Cake!

You know ya'll thought i was gonna say ring...
That does it. From here on out, I'm joining all games with the phrase "In like Fin". Whether you're playing or not. :smalltongue:

Dallas-Dakota
2008-12-17, 01:34 PM
Ok, sorry for the delay, and as planned we kept it simple, which will be handy as it's my first time being a real narrator.

Roles

Defenders of Middle Earth
Gandalf(seer) : With a mighty 350 years of walking on this planet, he has gathered many wisdom and allies, each night he can scry a player and see their true role identity and motives!

Barliman Butterbur(fool): Owner of the Inn of the Prancing Pony, he means well but is quite forgetful. Thinks he's Gandalf(the seer) and each night can scry a player, but gets random results. Scrying the same player gets the same result. Scrys of Gandalf come back as Barliman Butterbur.

Strider, or better said, Aragorn(baner) : They call him strider, one of the rangers, they keep the land safe from monsters and such and have many years of experience with fighting and surviving in the wild. Each night he can bane protect somebody from the wolves evil forces of Mordor!

Frodo, Sam, Merry and Pippin(Masons) : A lovely quatro of hobbits, on a dangerous adventure, but they know they can trust eachother through and through!

Wary travellers(villagers) : Your power is the power of the vote, you try to get to the safety of Rivendell as soon as possible, for these days the roads are not as safe anymore, as they used to be.

Forces of Mordor
Sauron(Devil) : He's back, in the form of a great fiery, liddles eye on the fortress of Barad-dur, which he can see through , rock, wood, cloth and even the flesh!

Nazgul(wolves) : Once, nine proud kings of men, but they took the evil rings of power that Sauron gave them, seduced by their greed. They are now the nine. In the service of Sauron and clothed in black.
The Wolves and Devil do not start knowing eachother at the beginning.

Zar Peter
2008-12-17, 01:44 PM
No fool?

Hmm... who would accidentally think he's Gandalf...

Emperor Demonking
2008-12-17, 01:47 PM
So, Classic only even more town favored?

Dallas-Dakota
2008-12-17, 01:52 PM
No fool?

That was the problem....
Hmmmm....

I got nothing.

Reinholdt
2008-12-17, 01:55 PM
Nonsense. DD must have just missed the PM.

PhantomFox
2008-12-17, 01:57 PM
No fool?

Sauraman or Radagast?

Dallas-Dakota
2008-12-17, 01:59 PM
Woops, must have missed that PM, stupid PM box filling up to fast.....

Shadowcaller
2008-12-17, 02:04 PM
Hmm so its like classic - fool then?:smallconfused:

Edit: No wait, its exactly like classics:smalleek:.

PhantomFox
2008-12-17, 02:04 PM
Even so... this seems kinda... plain. Classic with a setting slapped over it. I was expecting more, honestly. I'll still enjoy it though.

Dallas-Dakota
2008-12-17, 02:06 PM
Even so... this seems kinda... plain. Classic with a setting slapped over it. I was expecting more, honestly. I'll still enjoy it though.

Hmm, Yes...a bit.....
But a traditional game all along these new-fangled game might be good.

And I want to keep it siiiimple for my first game.

And if there's any RP'ing going on, I'l probably join in on it.

Shadow
2008-12-17, 02:09 PM
So, Classic only even more less town favored? (& with a different name)

Fixed it for you.
Less town favored because less masons.

Emperor Demonking
2008-12-17, 02:11 PM
Names make no difference.

Shadow
2008-12-17, 02:14 PM
The Nine + Sauron = 50-60 players needed, just to make it clear.
50-60 players, with only 4 masons = Mordor favored heavily

Reinholdt
2008-12-17, 02:19 PM
Not all 9 Nazgul will be making an appearance. Some of them have dates with a tanning salon.

PhantomFox
2008-12-17, 02:19 PM
Hmm, Yes...a bit.....
But a traditional game all along these new-fangled game might be good.

And I want to keep it siiiimple for my first game.

And if there's any RP'ing going on, I'll probably join in on it.

That's what the Classic series is for. And there's so much potential in this setting! Gimli, Legolas, Faramir, Elrond, Eowyn, Saruaman, Gollum, and THE RING to name just a few.

Dallas-Dakota
2008-12-17, 02:21 PM
That's what the Classic series is for. And there's so much potential in this setting! Gimli, Legolas, Faramir, Elrond, Eowyn, Saruaman, Gollum, and THE RING to name just a few.
Yes yes yes.
This is ment to be a SERIE of WW games.
This is just the journey between Bree(the prancing poney) and Rivendell.

Emperor Demonking
2008-12-17, 02:22 PM
PF, does have a point, but its your game. Design it as you want.

Shadowcaller
2008-12-17, 02:24 PM
Yes yes yes.

I hate to come up with changes for the narrator but have you considered renaming Sauron to the witch king? Its the same role (the devil) but I would like to have Sauron introduced at the last game instead of the first (you don't see sauron much in the first book anyway)

Shadow
2008-12-17, 02:27 PM
Yes yes yes.
And as such, each game in the series will add new rules and factions? Until the battle of Minus Tirith with many actions warring?
Or possibly Mt Doom & the Black Gates?

I like the concept.
A series that has different rules and mechanics each time it's played.

I like it.

Reinholdt
2008-12-17, 02:28 PM
And as such, each game in the series will add new rules and factions? Until the battle of Minus Tirith with many actions warring?
Or possibly Mt Doom & the Black Gates?

I like the concept.
A series that has different rules and mechanics each time it's played.

I like it.
This was in fact the intention. Start small and slowly build up to the climatic conclusion.

PhantomFox
2008-12-17, 02:33 PM
So... what happens if Mordor wins?

Zar Peter
2008-12-17, 02:37 PM
Some eagles come and drag the main protagonists out of the fire to the next game place... or something like that.

Mordokai
2008-12-17, 02:39 PM
So... what happens if Mordor wins?

http://wetako.cik.de/uploads/pics/I_divided_by_zero.jpg

Reinholdt
2008-12-17, 02:41 PM
You know how the Eagles could have saved everyone three really long books by flying in there and dropping the ring into Mt. Doom?

Like Zar said, some Dues Ex Machina like that. :smalltongue:

Dallas-Dakota
2008-12-17, 02:42 PM
You know how the Eagles could have saved everyone three really long books by flying in there and dropping the ring into Mt. Doom?

Like Zar said, some Dues Ex Machina like that. :smalltongue:

The problem with that is that they would have been easily and far away been spotted by Sauron.

Reinholdt
2008-12-17, 02:46 PM
The problem with that is that they would have been easily and far away been spotted by Sauron.
Yeah, but then the Eagles go "Woosh!" and the Nazgul go "SCREEE!" and then everyone gets together for tea and crumpets. :smalltongue:

Zar Peter
2008-12-17, 02:46 PM
And the Nazgul would have attacked the eagles. This time the eagles can drag away the main protagonists because the Nazgul are distracted... eating the other players :smallwink:

Dallas-Dakota
2008-12-17, 02:49 PM
Actually I imagine that the gods would intervene and maybe set it on where the second part should begin.......with everybody we need alive..

Shadowcaller
2008-12-17, 02:52 PM
Actually I imagine that the gods would intervene and maybe set it on where the second part should begin.......with everybody we need alive..

So... the wolfs can't really win then?:smallwink:

Um I had the "rename sauron to witch king idea"...

Dallas-Dakota
2008-12-17, 02:56 PM
So... the wolfs can't really win then?:smallwink:

Um I had the "rename sauron to witch king idea"...
Yes they(almost typed : Yes the can:smalltongue:) can. It would just fall into a AU.:smalltongue:

Hmmm....it might be a idea....Let me telepathically discuss this with my co-narrators.

Shishnarfne
2008-12-17, 03:52 PM
Hmm... Now that rules are up, I think I'll join in...

Uncle Festy
2008-12-17, 06:36 PM
Rules are nothing special, but not bad, either.
If we're escalating, I support switching the Devil to the Witch King, as well as putting in more of the Fellowship in as roles. You've got the Hobbits, Gandalf, and Aragorn – I vote switching the Fool to Boromir, making Legolas the sniper, and making Gimli –*I dunno, the beast? Maybe the voider?

Aether
2008-12-17, 07:12 PM
In.

The changing of the Devil from Sauron to Witch King sounds good.

As for who the Fool could be... Possibly Radagast the Brown. If I remember correctly, he was supposed to be connected to animals. And in Fellowship of the Ring, the Fellowship were worried that Saruman and/or Sauron were spying on them via animals...

Actually, all wizards seemed to be able to speak to animals and such.. So maybe the Seer can be a wizard who's scrying methods haven't been compromised, while the Fool would be a wizard who's animal contacts are unreliable...

The Enemy can't completely neutralize the wizards, they can't reach that far with strong enough agents; they're sending the Nine against the ringbearer first... So instead Mordor is going to mess with one of the wizards and have the animals feed him false information.

I have some questions: Will the normal wolves know each other, and only the Devil will be out of the loop, or is this completely blind?

Does the Devil scry as the Devil, a Wolf, or a Villager?

Do the wolves at least know how many wolves there are? Does the devil know how many there are?

What happens if the wolves Night Kills hit a wolf, or the devil? Do they begin to form a network, or will it be a case of friendly fire?

Will the Fool *only* get the result "This guy is the Fool" when he/she scries the Seer... or is it possible for "this guy is the Fool" to come up as a random scry result?

What are the possible scry results for the Fool? i.e. "Wolf or Villager and if Seer then Fool" or is any role a toss-up as a random result?

Can Role PMs be quoted in this thread or in PMs?

Supagoof
2008-12-17, 09:47 PM
*snip*
I don't see why they can't be used. In fact, why don't I use the one you sent me.

Supagoof, you are the baner. Your job is to protect someone each night by sending the player's name into in the narrators.

In general, doing such though will lead to a riskier game for you. :smallwink: I have always encourage taking risks in these games though. :smallbiggrin:

Madmal
2008-12-17, 11:58 PM
If this is still recruiting, i'm in.

Dallas-Dakota
2008-12-18, 01:20 AM
The changing of the Devil from Sauron to Witch King sounds good.
Indeed.

As for who the Fool could be... Possibly Radagast the Brown. If I remember correctly, he was supposed to be connected to animals. And in Fellowship of the Ring, the Fellowship were worried that Saruman and/or Sauron were spying on them via animals...

Actually, all wizards seemed to be able to speak to animals and such.. So maybe the Seer can be a wizard who's scrying methods haven't been compromised, while the Fool would be a wizard who's animal contacts are unreliable...
The Enemy can't completely neutralize the wizards, they can't reach that far with strong enough agents; they're sending the Nine against the ringbearer first... So instead Mordor is going to mess with one of the wizards and have the animals feed him false information.
Wizards are the istari, there are five of them. The three mentioned out of my head are Gandalf, Saruman and Radagast. The latter two were barely mentioned between Bree and/in Rivendell.
So no.

What we have with the seer and fool is fine by me currently.

I have some questions: Will the normal wolves know each other, and only the Devil will be out of the loop, or is this completely blind?
Wolves will know eachother, the devil won't, this isn't completely blind.

Do the wolves at least know how many wolves there are? Does the devil know how many there are?
Wolves know how many wolves there are, devil doesn't.

What happens if the wolves Night Kills hit a wolf, or the devil? Do they begin to form a network, or will it be a case of friendly fire?
Wolves aren't blind to eachother.

Will the Fool *only* get the result "This guy is the Fool" when he/she scries the Seer... or is it possible for "this guy is the Fool" to come up as a random scry result?
Nope, they will get that its ''this guy is the fool''(< insert more fitting message there though)

What are the possible scry results for the Fool? i.e. "Wolf or Villager and if Seer then Fool" or is any role a toss-up as a random result?
Random results for fool 's scrying is random, but will remain the same(so you can't scry a person twice if you're the fool and get different results, just a inacurrate one) which one that is, is determined randomly.

Yes they can, however, Role PM's will also be in the first post, making that pretty useless.

If this is still recruiting, i'm in.
Yes, we are still recruiting, welcome aboard.

Sorry for the half-answers but I have to go to school, I'l answer more when I come back!

Aether
2008-12-18, 01:37 AM
Hmmm.. Okay. I'm still not sure on two points however.

"Wizards are the istari, there are five of them. The three mentioned out of my head are Gandalf, Saruman and Radagast. The latter two were barely mentioned between Bree and/in Rivendell.
So no.

What we have with the seer and fool is fine by me currently."

I wasn't suggesting that there be lots of people given the role of Istari. Just that Barliman, while certainly not a genius, seems off in that he would think that HE is Gandalf... Radagast seems, at least, to fit in more thematically.

"Nope, they will get that its ''this guy is the fool''(< insert more fitting message there though)"

Either you didn't understand my question, or I'm not understanding your answer. If the Fool makes a scy attempt, will he recieve a PM saying "the person you've scried is the Fool" ONLY when the Fool targets the real Seer? Or is it possible for the Fool to scry Person A on night 1 and be told "this is the Fool" and then scry Person B on night 2 and be told "this is the Fool" just out of randomness?

Some more questions:

What happens if the wolves Night-Kill the Devil? Does the kill go through, or is it blocked/halted and the wolves are told "hey, you just tried to night-kill the Devil."

Can Scries interfere with each other and cancel out?

EDIT: According to co-narrator Reinholdt, Dec. 22 or 23.

December 22nd or 23rd.

I'm wondering if starting close to Christmas will result in some inactivity. But on the other hand, I don't want to wait too long for a new WW game to start! :smallsmile:

D_Lord
2008-12-18, 01:39 AM
I forgot then does this start again?

Lavidor
2008-12-18, 09:07 AM
Why not.12

Dallas-Dakota
2008-12-18, 09:51 AM
The Devil scries as villager.

Hmmm.. Okay. I'm still not sure on two points however.

"Wizards are the istari, there are five of them. The three mentioned out of my head are Gandalf, Saruman and Radagast. The latter two were barely mentioned between Bree and/in Rivendell.
So no.

What we have with the seer and fool is fine by me currently."

I wasn't suggesting that there be lots of people given the role of Istari. Just that Barliman, while certainly not a genius, seems off in that he would think that HE is Gandalf... Radagast seems, at least, to fit in more thematically.

"Nope, they will get that its ''this guy is the fool''(< insert more fitting message there though)"
[/quote]
Hmmm.
I can understand where you're coming from.
It's just first of all, Radagast is barely mentioned, especially between the Prancing Pony and Rivendell. Second, Radagast is not a fool, he has enough knowledge of animals and such to know if a animal is lieing to him or not. He can detect that.
Third, if you want, I can just put up that he doesn't think he's gandalf, just that he knows his customers and such and has great knowledge about them...Or something, but that he really just doesn't and is forgetfull. Or something...:smallsigh:

Either you didn't understand my question, or I'm not understanding your answer. If the Fool makes a scy attempt, will he recieve a PM saying "the person you've scried is the Fool" ONLY when the Fool targets the real Seer? Or is it possible for the Fool to scry Person A on night 1 and be told "this is the Fool" and then scry Person B on night 2 and be told "this is the Fool" just out of randomness?

I think I didn't understand you in my sleepy haze this morning, sorry.
No. The fool can't get that. He can only get that when he scries the real seer.

Some more questions:

What happens if the wolves Night-Kill the Devil? Does the kill go through, or is it blocked/halted and the wolves are told "hey, you just tried to night-kill the Devil."

They get a message that it's the devil.

Can Scries interfere with each other and cancel out?

Yes, Helgraf's scry interefernce rule is applied in this game.

EDIT: According to co-narrator Reinholdt, Dec. 22 or 23.

That is correct.

I'm wondering if starting close to Christmas will result in some inactivity. But on the other hand, I don't want to wait too long for a new WW game to start! :smallsmile:
I've wondered about that as well.
That's why untill the fifth of January, days will last 72 hours and nights 48 hours. On the fifth there will be a decision if days stay that long or are shortened to 48 hour days and 24 hour nights.

Kwarkpudding
2008-12-18, 12:07 PM
Alright, I'm in.

Shadow
2008-12-19, 02:05 AM
I don't think I ever actually said I was playing until now....

Dallas-Dakota
2008-12-19, 02:10 AM
I don't think I ever actually said I was playing until now....
I've got Shadow!
I've got Shadow, nananaana!

You know, Shadow plays in other games to.
Oh...ermm yes.

But I got Shadow! Nanananana!

Umm, you do know that Shadow can break games and such more easily then other players?

ERmmm, yes, but tis a very basic game....so.

I got Shadow!
I got Shadow! Nanananana!
:tongue:

Fin
2008-12-19, 06:29 AM
That does it. From here on out, I'm joining all games with the phrase "In like Fin". Whether you're playing or not. :smalltongue:

Woo! My commitment gets the recognition it deserves!

Now to convert the rest of you...

Dallas-Dakota
2008-12-20, 04:24 AM
Come on people. Join this WW game and get a free shiny!
*gives shiny's to all players*

Boo
2008-12-20, 05:12 AM
I'll say in since I predict I'm going to die in one or two games by the time this one starts.

Noir_Cat
2008-12-21, 01:49 PM
I would really like to join one of these games, and I think that this is the only one that is recruiting at this moment (if you guys still are, that is). But is it wise for someone who doesn't necessarily like LOTR to join?

Of course, I also realize that this won't be the last WW game, either.

Reinholdt
2008-12-21, 01:51 PM
I would really like to join one of these games, and I think that this is the only one that is recruiting at this moment (if you guys still are, that is). But is it wise for someone who doesn't necessarily like LOTR to join?
DD might look at you like you're off your rocker :smallwink:, but you can still join. Unless somebody intends to go about bashing the setting and making the game less fun for people, everyone is invited.

Especially strange cats. :smallbiggrin:

Supagoof
2008-12-21, 01:56 PM
It's a good simple set of rules to join in with and get your feet wet. Plus, if Shadow's playing, you can learn all sorts of things about being sneaky and underhanded and stuff. :smallbiggrin:

And yep, the werewolf games have been going on 2+ years now, and the creativity in new ones hasn't run out of steam yet. :smallwink:

Noir_Cat
2008-12-21, 02:21 PM
*peeks around shoulders and glares suspiciously* Nope! No intention or willingness to bash the game, the settings, or characters here!*

Sneaky and underhanded you say? In light of such appealing arguments made by Supagoof and Reinholdt, count me in.

*the verbal poking of other game players, however, is another matter entirely :smallamused:

Mordokai
2008-12-21, 02:27 PM
*pokes the kitty*

You're one of us now!

One of us, one of us, one of us...

Shadow
2008-12-21, 02:30 PM
Sneaky?
Underhanded?

Not me....

<.<
>.>

Noir_Cat
2008-12-21, 02:34 PM
NO!!! Must. Resist. Conformity!

Ooooo...*stares* Evil Mordokai...I had heard, of course, but seeing is a different story. We should be turning the 'one of us' chant on you.

Mordokai
2008-12-21, 02:40 PM
You know something is wrong when a fall of a paladin is the hottest news in town :smallsigh:

Vampiric
2008-12-21, 02:43 PM
Hey, I didn't know till I signed on and saw your avatar...

Though maybe that says something about me, rather than the playground...? :smallfrown::smalltongue:

Noir_Cat
2008-12-21, 02:53 PM
Oh~way to stay true to your new alignment, Mordy. I, of course, most certainly agree. A town in which the villagers don't even bat an eye when a paladin comes over to the dark side is definitely better.

And, actually, it was RHL that told me. I think she should have taken you up on that offer to trade herself for Flora...

Dallas-Dakota
2008-12-21, 02:53 PM

:confused:
Welcome, as said, a simple set of rules like this might be a good way to start.

Not speaking from experience...
I think my first WW game was Hogwarts or Camp II....

TRM
2008-12-22, 12:51 PM
The_Rogue_Monk is interested in joining.

Helgraf
2008-12-22, 03:52 PM
You shall not lynch!

((In))

Dallas-Dakota
2008-12-22, 06:09 PM
The Rogue Monk is very welcome if he decides to join.

The Bushranger
2008-12-23, 12:22 PM
http://jokegurus.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/gandalf-sign.jpg

And I am IN!

Dallas-Dakota
2008-12-23, 03:34 PM
Great!

recruiting closing in 86 min!

(So it closes at 10 in the evening GMT tonight)

TRM
2008-12-23, 06:35 PM
Oh, The_Rogue_Monk meant that he is joining.

Dallas-Dakota
2008-12-23, 06:43 PM
K.

Lord of the rings WW : The journey begins is now closed!

I'l have player list up by tomorrow.

PhantomFox
2008-12-23, 06:46 PM
May I assume that role PMs are going out then too?

Dallas-Dakota
2008-12-23, 06:47 PM
You may assume that I'm going to bed now.:smalltongue:

Noir_Cat
2008-12-24, 03:22 PM
Dallas-dakota, I'm not on the players list...:smallfrown:

EDIT: I've just noticed that I'm not the only one who is not on The List. Perhaps The real List is not up yet?

Dallas-Dakota
2008-12-24, 04:46 PM
player list - 28

Shadowcaller
Istari(Cookies for LotR reference in name)
Catseye2121
Aemoh
Phantomfox
Iceddragons
Uncle Festy
Sedracus(you're one of us now)
D_Lord
Bayar
Zar Peter
Murska
Vampiric
Mechafox
Supagoof ( *passes boom*)
Emperor Demonking
Fin
Shishnarfne
Aether
Lavidor
Kwarkpudding(Note : Gets free hat made out of pudding on day 1)
Shadow(steal hat from)
Blue Umbrella
Noir Cat(off the rocker, that one is, though she's one of us now.)
The Rogue Monk
Helgraf
The Bushranger

Vampiric
2008-12-24, 05:16 PM
Any chance it can be alphabetic, D-D? :smallsmile:

Aether
2008-12-24, 05:23 PM
*keeps staring at list*

Erm.. I'm not in it? It seems to go about in order of sign ups, and I signed upo before Lavidor..?

Dallas-Dakota
2008-12-24, 05:40 PM
*keeps staring at list*

Erm.. I'm not in it? It seems to go about in order of sign ups, and I signed upo before Lavidor..?
Sorry, lost that one in the rules dicussions...

Any chance it can be alphabetic, D-D? :smallsmile:
Tomorrow fine for you? ^^

Aether
2008-12-24, 05:52 PM
Banjo1985 said he'd join in, but mentioned possibly being away.

Malmagor Andrigal signed up as well.

aaaannddd Mordokai made a few comments, but didn't actually say he was signing in so, yeah.

30 players.

Aemoh
Aether
Bayar
Banjo1985 May start late?
Blue Umbrella
Catseye2121Shadowcaller
D_Lord
Emperor Demonking
Fin
Iceddragons
Helgraf
Lavidor
Malmagor Andrigal
Mechafox
Murska
Phantomfox
Shadow(steal hat from)
Shadowcaller
Shishnarfne
The Rogue Monk
The Bushranger
Uncle Festy
Vampiric
Zar Peter

Noir_Cat
2008-12-24, 09:15 PM
Yay!! I'm on The List!! *dances*

Rocker? Since when was I even on a rocker?

Dallas-Dakota
2008-12-25, 04:42 AM
Banjo1985 said he'd join in, but mentioned possibly being away.

Malmagor Andrigal signed up as well.

aaaannddd Mordokai made a few comments, but didn't actually say he was signing in so, yeah.

30 players.

Aemoh
Aether
Bayar
Banjo1985 May start late?
Blue Umbrella
Catseye2121Shadowcaller
D_Lord
Emperor Demonking
Fin
Iceddragons
Helgraf
Lavidor
Malmagor Andrigal
Mechafox
Murska
Phantomfox
Shadow(steal hat from)
Shadowcaller
Shishnarfne
The Rogue Monk
The Bushranger
Uncle Festy
Vampiric
Zar Peter

*totally sucks as a pre-game narrator*
*hopes the game will go better as well.

Aemoh
Aether
bayar
Blue Umbrella
Catseye2121
D_Lord
Dirk Kris
Emperor Demonking
Fin
Helgraf
iceddragons
Istari
Kwarkpudding
Lavidor
Malmagor Andrigal
Mechafox
Murska
Noir Cat
PhantomFox
Sedracus
Shadow
Shadowcaller
Shishnarfne
Supagoof
The Bushranger
The_Rogue_Monk
Uncle Festy
Vampiric
Zar Peter
Mordokai didn't say he's in, so I'm not signing him up for a game he didn't want to be in. I'l be PM him to be sure.
Banjo is away untill further notice, atleast new year. Even with 72 hour days and 48 hour nights, he would probably still be autolynched.

I'l have him on the auto-lynch reserve list. ^^
Aether, thenk you for your help and *kill* for making me feel a very sucky narrator(which I probably am but yeah ^^)

Mordokai
2008-12-25, 04:55 AM
No need to PM, I just felt like poking Noir_Cat. I won't be joining this game, sorry.

Dallas-Dakota
2008-12-25, 05:10 AM
Poking people is a valid excuse. Excuse accepted.

Aether
2008-12-25, 05:19 PM
Ah. A question.

When the fool/seer dies, will we be told WHICH it was that died?

In some games, if the fool dies, we're not told whether it was the fool, or the seer... Like in Fears 2. Which was a nasty shock.

Dallas-Dakota
2008-12-25, 06:01 PM
Ah. A question.

When the fool/seer dies, will we be told WHICH it was that died?

In some games, if the fool dies, we're not told whether it was the fool, or the seer... Like in Fears 2. Which was a nasty shock.
Ummm, nope.....Unless one of the (co-) narrators on the spot decides to do so.:smalltongue:

Aether
2008-12-25, 06:19 PM
Ummm, nope.....Unless one of the (co-) narrators on the spot decides to do so.:smalltongue:

Wait.. So, we may or may not be given clarification as to the role? Damn.

Vampiric
2008-12-25, 08:22 PM
The standard for WW is that neither role is definitively revealed until both are dead or the game ends. Until then, the 'rolees' and the players have to figure it out for themselves.

Aether
2008-12-25, 08:53 PM
Ah. I thought the standard was that the role was revealed if one of them died. Oh well. Just one more thing to be worried about if I get told I'm Batma--I mean, the Seer...

Noir_Cat
2008-12-26, 11:40 AM
Batman??!!! Where? *frantically looks around* I DON'T SEE HIM!!

Just so you guys know, I am going to the lake for a couple days--probably getting back late Saturday or early Sunday (central time). There is internet, but it is dial-up and it is highly unlikely that I will be on. With the double hours for days and nights, I should be okay--I just wanted to warn you.

Mordokai
2008-12-26, 11:42 AM
*pokes kitty with a sharpened stick some more*

Have fun while you're gone. Don't go sane all of a sudden :smalltongue: :smallbiggrin:

Noir_Cat
2008-12-26, 02:30 PM
*bats at stick, then randomly attacks Mordy's helmet-horns*

Sane? Why would I go there? I was bored out of my mind last time--vowed to never go again.

Dallas-Dakota
2008-12-26, 03:12 PM
Noted.
though with 72 hour days and 48 hour nights, I'l doubt you'l miss much.

Aether
2008-12-27, 12:21 AM
*jumps on thread and starts bouncing up and down*

Come on! Start the game! Start the game!:smalleek:

EDIT: Also, a game where Batman is the Seer and Joker would be the fool would be cool. Or possibly the Riddler... The Animaniacs one of Pinky and Brain is good.

Dallas-Dakota
2008-12-27, 04:33 AM
*jumps on thread and starts bouncing up and down*

Come on! Start the game! Start the game!:smalleek:

EDIT: Also, a game where Batman is the Seer and Joker would be the fool would be cool. Or possibly the Riddler... The Animaniacs one of Pinky and Brain is good.
Calm down, though it's good to see excitement for the game.
The starting date as discussed with Shadow and Raistlin in WW Central has been moved to the 29th/30th.

Shadow
2008-12-27, 04:39 AM
Calm down, though it's good to see excitement for the game.
The starting date as discussed with Shadow and Raistlin in WW Central has been moved to the 29th/30th.

Well, since I just noticed that Super Christmas Game isn't going to happen, feel free to start it at your leisure.
Gee, ED scheduled a game that never happened.... imagine that....
:sigh:

Dallas-Dakota
2008-12-27, 04:44 AM
Ah ok then, that's great then Shadow...Though a christmas game would have been nice to. :smallsigh:

Ok, so I'l be sending Reinholdt the role Pm's when I've gotten them written, he'l send them out, and as soon as I've written the opening post, I'l guess that means game start...

Shadowcaller
2008-12-27, 06:07 AM
Ah ok then, that's great then Shadow...Though a christmas game would have been nice to. :smallsigh:

Ok, so I'l be sending Reinholdt the role Pm's when I've gotten them written, he'l send them out, and as soon as I've written the opening post, I'l guess that means game start...

S.E.U. is kind of a christmas game... really!:smalltongue:

Noir_Cat
2008-12-28, 12:37 PM
WOOT!! I am home and ready for the games to begin! --insert evil cackle here--

I think it's more evil if the evil laugh is coordinated to what the listener thinks is evil, not what I think is evil. But the purpose of my evil laugh is defeated by expaining this... :sweatdrop:

Also, a Batman WW game would be absolutely amazing. I would be hard put to find a better game. What would Catwoman's role be? I mean, she switches sides so often...

Emperor Demonking
2008-12-28, 12:40 PM
You'd struggle with Catwoman? But not Joker, Batman, Robin, Two Face and co?

Noir_Cat
2008-12-28, 02:28 PM
*chants with Aether* Start the game! Start the game!

Dallas-Dakota
2008-12-28, 02:42 PM
As said in WW central(which you should all read and keep up with, if you don't already) the new starting date is the 29th/30th, especially in connection with Raistlin moving his game to a later date (And EDK just started recruiting, I don't want to take players away from him, even if he just needs twelve)

*hides from the mobs*

Hyozo
2008-12-28, 02:43 PM
Also, a Batman WW game would be absolutely amazing. I would be hard put to find a better game. What would Catwoman's role be? I mean, she switches sides so often...

She could be a neutral "survivor" role who automatically wins as long as she survives to the end. I'm not sure what she would do though...

Noir_Cat
2008-12-29, 01:15 AM
She could be a neutral "survivor" role who automatically wins as long as she survives to the end. I'm not sure what she would do though...

That is a great idea.

I know, I know, Dallas. I was just being spazzy for the sake of being spazzy. I saw where you told Aether that the date had been moved to the 29th-30th.

Aether
2008-12-29, 03:02 AM
Yet another question! If there is no kill at night, will we be told why, or what happened?

For instance, if the Baner successfully defended a target, will we be told that somebody was attacked, but saved by the Baner?

Will we be told that somebody had been attacked, but saved by the Baner?

Will we simply be told that there were no deaths during the night?

What if there are no deaths due to the wolves having targeted the Devil?

Will we simply not be told so that it won't give away when/if the wolves have linked up with the Devil?

Dallas-Dakota
2008-12-29, 06:16 AM
That is a great idea.

I know, I know, Dallas. I was just being spazzy for the sake of being spazzy. I saw where you told Aether that the date had been moved to the 29th-30th.
I...I...I thought only RHL did that..............We've got two of them now....... mommy Boorrrr!

Yet another question! If there is no kill at night, will we be told why, or what happened?
Depends on the case.

For instance, if the Baner successfully defended a target, will we be told that somebody was attacked, but saved by the Baner?
Yes, but not who it was that was attacked.

Will we be told that somebody had been attacked, but saved by the Baner?
Yeah...that.

Will we simply be told that there were no deaths during the night?
See the last question of yours.

What if there are no deaths due to the wolves having targeted the Devil?
Then it would just say that there were no kills. Just like if the wolves on purpose or not didn't send in a kill or whatever.

Will we simply not be told so that it won't give away when/if the wolves have linked up with the Devil?
The first time that there was no death on the night. We'l instead have a scene where Atreyu the Masked llama is killed. Granted that he doesn't object. He'l just be ressurected with one of the many souls he has in Playground Squares...

Now stop asking me all those questions.....It's making me squirm as a first-time narrator. >.<

Though it's probably good that you do.

Noir_Cat
2008-12-29, 12:39 PM
I...I...I thought only RHL did that..............We've got two of them now....... mommy Boorrrr!

*gasps* RHL and I are absolutely nothing alike! She is a Madd Hatter and I am a Kitty! We are two totally different creatures people. *nods stately*

Vampiric
2008-12-29, 01:12 PM
Yes, but not who it was that was attacked.

Wait... what?

"Someone was attacked, but they were baned. But we aren't telling you who. Nyer. :smalltongue:"

Dallas-Dakota
2008-12-29, 01:15 PM
Wait... what?

"Someone was attacked, but they were baned. But we aren't telling you who. Nyer. :smalltongue:"
Yes!:smallamused:

RabbitHoleLost
2008-12-29, 01:30 PM
*gasps* RHL and I are absolutely nothing alike! She is a Madd Hatter and I am a Kitty! We are two totally different creatures people. *nods stately*

You know you're just my alt.
No, not really. Please don't lock one of our accounts. o.o

Noir_Cat
2008-12-29, 01:56 PM
You know you're just my alt.
No, not really. Please don't lock one of our accounts. o.o

Yeah, only with my very own body. Hmm...but that would mean that I was your clone. Must rethink this.

Supagoof
2008-12-29, 02:21 PM
Points at both RHL & Noir Cat just to make sure.

And Auntie 'Larra does a really good job in checking the software (that she mentioned once in conversation) that alerts the mods of potential double/alt accounts for these games. So don't worry RHL, I'm pretty sure she won't lock you away.

Roland on the other hand.....:smallamused: :smalltongue:

Noir_Cat
2008-12-29, 11:01 PM
Points at both RHL & Noir Cat just to make sure.

And Auntie 'Larra does a really good job in checking the software (that she mentioned once in conversation) that alerts the mods of potential double/alt accounts for these games. So don't worry RHL, I'm pretty sure she won't lock you away.

Roland on the other hand.....:smallamused: :smalltongue:

Wait. What about me? *nervously looks behind shoulders* I don't want to be locked away! *screams and struggles as people in white come to take away* I've already been to the Happy Hut once this year!! The room with the pillows everywhere was fun, but I don't wish to visit just now!!

Boo
2008-12-29, 11:24 PM
*remembers he forgot to request an old account to be closed, then forgets again*

Sedracus
2008-12-30, 05:12 PM
*smirks as he realises the D-D account should be about to be closed.*

PhantomFox
2008-12-30, 06:05 PM
So... roles are going out today then? And remind me if there's going to be a new thread? (I hope so)

Dallas-Dakota
2008-12-30, 06:23 PM
Reinholdt is sending out the role PM's I wrote now.
Writing the starting post for the new thread after this post. And I'l have that up in a bit, though 'Larra has to approve it. So depends on her when it actually gets up.

Uncle Festy
2008-12-30, 07:16 PM

Eh woot? :smallconfused:

Dallas-Dakota
2008-12-30, 07:20 PM
Eh woot? :smallconfused:
He's my brother, we're on the same static IP.

Shadowcaller
2008-12-30, 07:26 PM

its a honor to finally see you on the boards:smallbiggrin:.

Uncle Festy
2008-12-30, 07:42 PM
He's my brother, we're on the same static IP.

Ah, I see.
May I suggest posting here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39599) so that you guys don't get banned?
EDIT: Also, welcome! :smallbiggrin:

Reinholdt
2008-12-31, 02:03 AM
The game has begun here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5567626#post5567626). Apologies for holiday related delays.

Noir_Cat
2008-12-31, 02:05 AM
Yay! I got my role pm!