PDA

View Full Version : Um... What happened to the Falling Paladin Threads?

Surfing HalfOrc
2008-12-11, 05:16 PM
I used to enjoy reading the sometimes ridiculous lengths DMs or other players would go through to torpedo paladins and convert them to fighters without extra feats.

Did the threads run into Flameville and receive a deletion, or did they move somewhere else? I found the "Fallen Druid" thread down in silly message board games, but no sign of: "An evil being once slept in the inn across the street from the inn your paladin slept in. Your paladin didn't immediatly seek the evil-doer out to render justice, so YOU FALL!"

Fax Celestis
2008-12-11, 05:28 PM
Flameville and/or Snark City.

Yukitsu
2008-12-11, 05:29 PM
They got too snarky... SO THEY FELL!

Darth Stabber
2008-12-11, 05:31 PM
Let the pallys hit the floor. Let the pallys hit the floor. Let the pallys hit the floor. Let the pallys hit the...... flooooooor!!!!

Tacoma
2008-12-11, 05:37 PM
I used to enjoy reading
I did too, before I discovered the Internet forum.

the sometimes ridiculous
Always ridiculous.

torpedo paladins
New build?

receive a deletion
They pushed button and received bacon.

YOU FALL!"
Paladins Fall. Everyone dies.

What if it's an evil baby? Not like Kuoato in Total Recall, I mean just a human baby.

horseboy
2008-12-11, 05:39 PM
I know, those were so fun I actually built a paladin that was a paladin because he fell.

Ganurath
2008-12-11, 05:43 PM
New build?It involves Monkey Grip, a mighty Composite Greatbow, and Zen Archery. I personally find the build better for psychic warriors due to the half-giant synergies.

Funny story: The paladin fell for associating with the other members of the party after they finally reached the cliff at the end of the slippery slope.

Lycar
2008-12-11, 06:28 PM
:smallconfused:Um... What happened to the Falling Paladin Threads?

They FELL out of favour.

:smallbiggrin::smallbiggrin::smallbiggrin:

Lycar

Pie Guy
2008-12-11, 07:00 PM
They FELL out of favour.

:smallbiggrin::smallbiggrin::smallbiggrin:

Lycar

You hear loud thumps as your friends knock themselves unconcious through sheer will power to end the unbearable pain.

FMArthur
2008-12-11, 07:36 PM
Hey, has anyone ever built a fallen Paladin? As in, they were fallen at character creation and their reason for adventuring was to un-fall (fly?) via redemption. It sounds like a neat way to purposefully handicap yourself because a) you want the roleplay opportunity or b) you're the group's only optimizer and you've realized that your friends hate your powerful characters.

Ascension
2008-12-11, 07:38 PM
b) you're the group's only optimizer and you've realized that your friends hate your powerful characters.

If you're the group's only optimizer you wouldn't be playing a paladin in the first place.

Roland St. Jude
2008-12-11, 07:59 PM
Some are still here in gaming. Some became overrun by flaming. Some of the nonsense "make an X fall" threads have been locked, moved, or both. There are a couple paladin falling threads posted in in the last couple weeks still here in Gaming d20 & General.