PDA

View Full Version : For those of us in school...

mikeejimbo
2008-12-15, 10:54 PM
Well, for many of us, the semester is drawing to a close. I have finals this week, myself, in fact. I should probably be studying for them, hum.

But, some of my classes don't have finals. In fact, one of my classes is already graded! I got an A in Poetry, everyone! Huzzah!

Of course, I'm a Computer Science major. Getting an A in Poetry is meaningless. (But it does improve my GPA! Whee!)

SilentNight
2008-12-15, 11:13 PM
No finals for me in high school yet. Not till after christmas break.

MisterSaturnine
2008-12-15, 11:18 PM
My school doesn't have finals. Instead, we have a horrible torrent of projects throughout the year, and three intense Senior Projects at the end of this year (as I am a senior).

Fortunately, in 4 days, I'm done until winter break is over.

Recaiden
2008-12-15, 11:22 PM
Finals start tomorrow here. I'm only really worried about economics. Which is my first one.:smalleek:

BizzaroStormy
2008-12-15, 11:23 PM
Ugh....I'm doing horrible.

Machine Trades :A
English: D-
Algebra: F

Chemistry:B+
Aerospace Engineering: F
Economics: F

Seems like the only way for me to get my grades up would be to ace the finals...something that excluding last year's history, is impossible for me. And it figures that the only classes offering extra credit are those that I excel in anyway.

Knaight
2008-12-15, 11:30 PM
The criminal masterminds in charge of the sadistic and evil IB program have set up some ridiculous system where all the finals have to go on the last two days, and they just hit them all in a row. That and I have a few other tests and a presentation scattered throughout the week. Because IB is evil. That said for finals the only ones I'm worried about at all are history, and Spanish. Mostly Spanish, that one is just scary. As I'm still in high school I don't have any cool classes with finals(except for possibly Videography and Robotics, but those really aren't specialized much.)

Syka
2008-12-15, 11:33 PM
I am finishing my last semester and graduate with my BA on Saturday, so these are my last finals for a while.

One class didn't have one, we just had a final paper and group presentation that was due last Monday. A in that class.

Another class's final was last Wednesday, grade unknown but I'm thinking A for the class. I needed 32/50 to get an A so...yeah.

Had my last translating final this afternoon.

My last final as a first time undergrad is at 7.30am Wednesday morning. Shouldn't be a problem. I'm stoked for my last final. :D

AslanCross
2008-12-15, 11:40 PM
Finals in our school started today. I'm dreading the arrival of the test papers I'm going to check, and proctoring finals is boring. (Which is why I end up reading my D&D books during exam week.)

Neko Toast
2008-12-15, 11:41 PM
Didn't have any finals today, but I have two tomorrow. I'm not particularly worried, though. I've always been a test-taker. Tomorrow I have French and Math. Wednesday it's Theatre (piece of cake), and Thursday is Geology. Then I can go home! :smallbiggrin:

TigerHunter
2008-12-15, 11:45 PM
I'm officially 50% done with finals. Just have U.S. Government and Statistics left. Also, I get tomorrow off because I don't have to take either of the exams scheduled for then. Go me! :smallbiggrin:

Player_Zero
2008-12-15, 11:46 PM
Didn't have any finals today, but I have two tomorrow. I'm not particularly worried, though. I've always been a test-taker. Tomorrow I have French and Math. Wednesday it's Theatre (piece of cake), and Thursday is Geology. Then I can go home! :smallbiggrin:

Good luck regardless.

And good luck to everyone else who has tests/exams etc.

RS14
2008-12-15, 11:55 PM
Finals started today for me. Chemistry. I think it went decently.

I've got CS tomorrow, which will be difficult, I think. The midterm was easy, though, so maybe not.

afroakuma
2008-12-16, 12:19 AM
Running a 4.0 for this term.

Sadly, two F's on my transcript from last year (had to leave school, but could not withdraw, complex) and some Ws alongside just butcher my academic record.

Mauve Shirt
2008-12-16, 01:26 AM
Finals over. Haven't received grades yet. :smallfrown: I am extraordinarily concerned about them.

hamishspence
2008-12-16, 10:09 AM
what about work-related exams? not exactly school, but still an invigilated exam.

Castaras
2008-12-16, 11:01 AM
Mock Exams are over for me, thank god. Get my Fourth proper exam in January :smalleek: Englishness is not fun...Hope to get a B, but more likely to get a C or something.

Serpentine
2008-12-16, 11:34 AM
Does university live here too?
I only did one unit this semester. I was really worried about it: I'm sure I did badly in the two quizzes, I didn't think much of the group prac report, and my final assignment was over a week late and in Science the penalty is 5% a day. I saw one of my lecturers (which was surprising, considering the unit's based on the coast, three hours away...), and he said that our prac report was one of the best, that my assignment was very good and I'm an excellent writer and I got an extension, and I stood out at the school :smallsmile: The results are meant to be available now, but apparently some people haven't handed in the assignment yet, so results will be late :smallsigh: In the meantime, I have the mysterious "RU" ("Results Unavailable") next to this unit. At least, however, I can be pretty sure I've finished my whole BaA/Sc, with at least a Credit average! :smallbiggrin:

Crispy Dave
2008-12-16, 02:59 PM
Well, for many of us, the semester is drawing to a close. I have finals this week, myself, in fact. I should probably be studying for them, hum.

But, some of my classes don't have finals. In fact, one of my classes is already graded! I got an A in Poetry, everyone! Huzzah!

Of course, I'm a Computer Science major. Getting an A in Poetry is meaningless. (But it does improve my GPA! Whee!)

no grade is meaningless there are tons of people who know as much about computers or more then someone who graduated but that paper gets them the job.

RS14
2008-12-16, 08:52 PM
Well, I've now finished what should be my two hardest finals this semester. :smallsmile:

Vespe Ratavo
2008-12-16, 08:57 PM
My finals thus far:

Biology (Only one I'm slightly worried about the results of)
Geography (Pathetically easy)
Geometry (Was really worried, turned out to be quite easy)
Computer Applications (Didn't have to take, because my teacher is awesome and averaged my last three six weeks grades instead :smallbiggrin:)

Tomorrow and the next day:

English (Not worried)
Spanish (Not worried either)
Newspaper (I've heard we don't have to do anything, really)

So yeah. Finals are going great for me. :smallbiggrin:

BRC
2008-12-16, 09:00 PM
Had Math and History today. Because of the way our testing schedual works I get to stay home tommorow, then it's English and Psychology.

Jalor
2008-12-16, 09:39 PM
No finals for me in high school yet. Not till after christmas break.

Ugh, same for me too. I don't get mine until two weeks after break. Which means I have to study over break. My English and American Government teachers suck, and my Bio teacher is basically a sarcastic slave driver, so I really need these to be "A"s.

Recaiden
2008-12-16, 10:01 PM
The criminal masterminds in charge of the sadistic and evil IB program have set up some ridiculous system where all the finals have to go on the last two days, and they just hit them all in a row. That and I have a few other tests and a presentation scattered throughout the week. Because IB is evil. That said for finals the only ones I'm worried about at all are history, and Spanish. Mostly Spanish, that one is just scary. As I'm still in high school I don't have any cool classes with finals(except for possibly Videography and Robotics, but those really aren't specialized much.)

I was really freaked out over IB economics, but I took that today, so... :biggrin:

Sneak
2008-12-16, 10:07 PM
Here's how it goes at my school:

-This week and last week are for teachers to cram in as many tests and papers as they can before the semester ends
-Then winter break, so that we can forget everything that we learned during the semester
-And when we get back, MIDTERMS! YAYLOLZ!

Luckily, I'm pretty sure I'm getting an A in all my classes. Pending the grading and return several major assignments and midterms, of course.

I'm just worried about that math test on Thursday...

RandomLogic
2008-12-16, 10:48 PM
This is my list of things to do for tomorrow: (By 3 pm)

Write an article report about a published engineering paper.
Create a presentation using material from said article.
Prove something about said article.
Write a paper about what I did for said presentation.
Finish up some homework problems for the class (which are stupidly long).

All for Optimal Controls. Yay grad school!

At least I don't have any tests.

One down.. 4 more to go.

Van Runcible
2008-12-17, 12:04 AM
I start my finals on Thursday. Have a fun exciting line up of:

World History
Algebra 2
Cisco
and the ever popular, only class in the school that doesn't have a final.

gonna be a good couple of days.

de-trick
2008-12-17, 01:31 AM
i got 2 more days of work classes than winter break, then i get to worry about exams after the break

Agamid
2008-12-17, 09:02 AM
If uni can live here too then... I just got an email notifying me that i've been accepted into uni next year!!!
It's an automatically generated email and doesn't tell me which course, so i'm eagerly awaiting my formal notice in the mail. I'm hoping to get into Wildlife Biology though and then after that, Vet Science.

I've studied education before... but really didn't enjoy it...

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2008-12-17, 09:06 AM

I was really freaked out over IB economics, but I took that today, so... :biggrin:

Yay, I'm in IB too! Well, Pre-IB, but still.

Raz_Fox
2008-12-17, 09:26 AM
I'm homeschooled, so I really don't have any finals this last week. Well, other than the Geometry test yesterday.

In fact, I don't think I've ever had something like "finals." You poor souls... :smallfrown:

BizzaroStormy
2008-12-17, 09:30 AM
Im in school as I type this and my first two finals have actually been pretty easy.

Why is it that Chemistry and Areospace engineering seem to be the two easiest subjects to me while algebra and english are the hardest?

Neko Toast
2008-12-17, 10:23 AM
Im in school as I type this and my first two finals have actually been pretty easy.

Why is it that Chemistry and Areospace engineering seem to be the two easiest subjects to me while algebra and english are the hardest?

If it were me taking those tests, it would be the other way around.

I even had my Math final yesterday. I think I did fantabulous on it, save for one question. It was one of those dumb interest rate problems. I screwed up because I used the wrong equation. *facepalm*

mikeejimbo
2008-12-17, 10:44 AM
Well, I just finished my Operating Systems final. I think it went all right. We'll have to see, of course.

RandomLogic
2008-12-17, 01:37 PM

I don't know why Algebra is considering you are doing well in Chem and Aero E.

English sure, you are an engineering student (right?) you'll speak in 'data sheet' for the rest of your life.

That or 'academic paper' .. your choice.

Dallas-Dakota
2008-12-17, 01:42 PM
Christmas holidays only two days away, yay!

MeatShield#236
2008-12-17, 06:13 PM
My Finals:

Biology-My grade is so high that I don't have to take it.
Intro. to Engineering Design- Incredibly easy.
German-Studying A LOT for this one
Art-Should be easy
English-Easy
Honors Geometry(spelling?)-Hard, studying a lot.

My week should be easy, we even get let out early Wed-Fri.:smallbiggrin:

BizzaroStormy
2008-12-17, 06:19 PM
I don't know why Algebra is considering you are doing well in Chem and Aero E.

English sure, you are an engineering student (right?) you'll speak in 'data sheet' for the rest of your life.

That or 'academic paper' .. your choice.

Actually I just took the engineering class out of boredom. My machine trades class is where my mind sits primarily. I'd rather read the operation manual for a Haas CNC Mill than I would Shakesphere.

Mauve Shirt
2008-12-17, 06:31 PM
Grades were, if you're curious, A in piano, B- in anthropology, C in German and D in biology. If I hadn't skipped German so much, I would probably have a B. Yay that I didn't fail biology!

averagejoe
2008-12-17, 10:01 PM
Just finished my last final. Soooo happy.

But now I don't know what to do with myself. Studying, you have left a hole in my life.:smallfrown: