PDA

View Full Version : Reincarnate for a Dragonwrought Kobold

Sacrath
2008-12-17, 09:59 PM
So first session one of the PCs kills another one (he was mind controlled) but he had bought a scroll of Reincarnate for just such an occasion. The hitch is that that the deceased PC is a Dragonwrought Kobold and his type is Dragon so the chart in the Reincarnate spell doesn't apply.

Can anyone suggest an alternate chart of Dragon typed creatures that match the power of the ones on the chart?

Yakk
2008-12-17, 10:09 PM
You a DM or a PC?

As a DM in that situation, I'd homebrew a quick Dragon-kin race of some kind. Nobody would know what it was. Then you can toss in plot hooks, etc.

Sacrath
2008-12-20, 01:14 AM
I was the DM, I ended up randomizing his draconic heritage. I hope the artificer bucks up and spends the extra 4k on a scroll of Raise Dead if the Centaur Barbarian dies.

Fizban
2008-12-20, 06:19 AM
There's Felldrakes in MMII. They're small to medium and have low LA and racial hit die, so much so that the only reason to play one is because you want dragon type on your character sheet. If you've got Dragonlance setting books, there are Draconians in varying levels of power. Other than those, there aren't many low HD/low LA dragon types to choose from. And of course you could use wyrmlings of the lower power true dragons, which are over LA'd for their abilities, but at least have few racial HD. Expanding the search to dragon-blooded gives you tons of options, but kind of spits in the face of the fact that Dragonwrought gives you full dragon type.