View Full Version : Master Of Many Forms: Shapeshift Variant?
10-12-2009, 06:32 AM
Is there already an existing version of MoMF for the Shapeshift Variant Druid? If not is there anyone about who's willing to help me make one. I am a God-awful homebrewer, so I'm not going to be able to do it myself.
All I have right now is:
- An Aquatic form
- Some kind of "Stealth" form (like a Rat or something)
- Drop it from 10 Levels to 5 Levels?
- Partial Spell Progression (this is only because I can't think of enough forms so I figured this would cover some dead levels).
Any help will be forever appreciated.
10-12-2009, 08:39 AM
I'd personally be tempted to redo it so that it grants a few "base" forms (with increasing abilities to keep lower level forms viable), with a per-level selection of several "abilities" and "qualities" that can be added on, to create a really versatile shapeshifter.
Example: A 10th level Master of Many Forms shapechanges into the Swift Predator form, and picks up the Outsider type. He then has the ability to select, say, 3 abilities and 3 qualities from a large list. He chooses a Breath Weapon, Frightful Roar, and Flaming Body as his abilities, and Fast Movement, Fire Immunity, and Fast Healing as this qualities. He's now an approximation of a Hell Hound.
Of course, change the numbers and the qualities to taste.
10-12-2009, 09:31 AM
I'd agree with Djinn-In-Tonic. Add in a stealth and aquatic version (and perhaps a third, to give forms at 1, 3, 5 or 1, 5, 10).
Then give a (large?) list of abilities that they can attach to any form, possibly based on MoMF level.
Master of Many Shiftings
Level|Base Attack Bonus|Fort|Ref|Will|Special|Spells
1|+0|+2|+0|+2|Stealth Form, Master Ability (1)|--
2|+1|+3|+0|+3|Master Ability (2)|+1 of existing spellcasting level
3|+2|+3|+1|+3|Aquatic Form|+1 of existing spellcasting level
4|+3|+4|+1|+4|Master Ability (3)|+1 of existing spellcasting level
5|+3|+4|+1|+4|Hybrid Form, Master Ability (4)|--
Stealth Form: *Need to look at other forms to create something that makes sense*
Master Ability: At 1st, 2nd, 4th, and 5th levels, masters of many shiftings gain the ability to add additional abilities to their basic form. For each rank of this ability, at the time of shifting, a master of many shiftings may pick 1 of the following abilities to apply to that form, for the duration of that form.
- Add +2 to any physical stat per MoMS level. This may be divided up between any number of physical stats.
- Add 5 resistance to any element damage per MoMS level. This may be divided up between any number of elemental resistances.
- Add DR 1/- per MoMS level.
- Gain a breath weapon, with the damage type chosen at shifting. This breath weapon recharges every 1d4+1 rounds, and deals damage equal to 2d6 per MoMS level. The range for this ability is 5 ft. per MoMS level (10 ft. for lines). The type of breath weapon (cone or line) is chosen at shifting. The DC for this check is equal to 10+MoMS level+one-half other druidic levels+Con modifier. (i.e. a Fighter 3/Druid 8/MoMS 5 with 18 con in shifted form would have a DC 23 breath weapon.)
- Gain flight at 10 ft. per MoMS level and maneuverability starting at clumsy and going up for each additional MoMS level (e.g. 10 ft. clumsy, 20 ft. poor, 30 ft. average, 40 ft. good, 50 ft. perfect).
- Gain a swim speed at 10 ft. per MoMS level and a bonus to all swim checks equal to +4 per MoMS level.
- Gain a burrow speed at 5 ft. per MoMS level.
Aquatic Form: *Need to look at other forms to create something that makes sense*
Hybrid Form: When shapeshifting, a master of many forms has the option to make that form a hybrid form. In hybrid form, the master of many forms gains the benefit of any one shifting form, but also retains the use of any of the base race's abilities, other than spellcasting. This includes the use of weapons, armor, and feats.
vBulletin®, Copyright ©2000-2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.