View Full Version : Base Class Challenge IX Voting Thread
01-01-2012, 06:32 PM
Welcome to the voting thread for Base Class Challenge IX, Better Than it Sounds (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=224093)! Voting will consist of each voter giving a first, second, and third place vote for three separate base classes.
A first place vote is worth three points, a second place vote is worth two points, and a third place vote is worth one point. You may vote for your own class.
You are encouraged to include reason with your votes, though this is not required.
The class that ends up with the most points wins the challenge contest. Voting starts now and will continue until 23:59 on January 15th.
1st Place: Farmer, by Derjuin
2nd Place: Redshirt, by sengmeng
3rd Place: Wallurgist, by Ajadea
Base Class|Author|1st|2nd|3rd|Total Points
Cat Girl Space Pirate (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=12320533&postcount=7)|The Witch-King|1|0|2|5
Perfumer (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=12432973&postcount=11) (Parfums (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=12432983&postcount=12))|GuyFawkes|2|4|3|17
Unfortunately, the living cloth (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=12292441&postcount=3), minstrel of elemental bacon (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=12326270&postcount=8), and lord (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=12335267&postcount=9) are not complete, so they are ineligible for voting.
01-01-2012, 08:06 PM
1st - Farmer
2nd - Red Shirt
3rd - Cat Girl Space Pirate
01-02-2012, 12:05 AM
Anyone may vote, yes? If so, then:
01-02-2012, 01:37 AM
3rd. Wallurgist (I have wanted to play a caster who specialized in walls forever, this is pretty close)
3nd. Porter (It's like a Bag of Holding combined with a Familiar, I can also see a great two man team of an Artificer and a Porter.)
1st. Redshirt (HE'S IMMORTAL, Effectively, while not being overpowered, plus who doesn't love Ensign Ricky, Pair this with a caster, ricky runs in amongst the big bads and begins reading off his scrolls of, oh well you know by now:
01-02-2012, 11:20 AM
1st Place: Farmer
2nd Place: Perfumer
3rd Place: Wallurgist
01-02-2012, 01:03 PM
First place: Wallurgist
Second place: Red shirt
Third place: Farmer
01-02-2012, 03:07 PM
My own, so I had to do it, but really, what can be better for "Better than it sounds" than someone who is doomed to die horribly every 30 seconds?
Sounds so bad, smells so good.
A darn good class, and it definitely doesn't sound like it. Probably the best thought out of all of them, I just think that being a Perfumer or a Redshirt sounds less survivable than a durable sodbuster.
01-02-2012, 03:59 PM
Votes tallied and first paragraph broken up and added to.
01-02-2012, 04:47 PM
3) Redshirt (with this and porter, it may finally be possible to make Nodwick a 3.5 character sheet :smallbiggrin:)
01-02-2012, 05:40 PM
1. Redshirt. It does exactly what is sounds like it does, and still manages to be awesome.
2. Farmer. Sounds like commoner, the weakest class in the game. But acts as a good melee brute and still has out of combat abilities.
3. Wallurgist. Sounds interesting, but weak. Then manages to fight effectively using walls.
01-03-2012, 05:33 AM
1. Farmer Cus it sounds so weak, but is so awesome. A lot of the other stuff just sounded too cool.
01-03-2012, 08:08 PM
01-03-2012, 09:25 PM
01-04-2012, 01:13 AM
1. Perfumer - for obvious reasons. If you go to work the next day in bandages, you'd never EVER admit your ass got whipped by a perfumer.
2. Redshirt - looks like a very fun class to play. Wins over the farmer for me with the basis that it just is better than it sounds.
3. Farmer - very solid class, nothing bad to say really. But for a guy who grew up with farmers, I know firsthand not to mess with them in any way.
01-04-2012, 11:08 PM
Sigh...still sad I missed out on this. But I suppose voting is the next best thing, eh?
01-04-2012, 11:48 PM
My vote goes to GuyFawked Perfumer (Parfums) is so nice and a lot of real parfume in there, great concept, good fluff and nice mechanics.
First place: Perfumer (Parfums)
Second place: Wallurgist
Third place: The Porter
01-05-2012, 11:44 PM
01-07-2012, 02:29 AM
01-10-2012, 03:42 AM
Votes tallied. Sorry for the delay.
01-10-2012, 10:37 AM
1. Cat Girl Space Pirate--I know it hasn't got a chance of winning at this point but come on, what could sound crazier for a D&D game than an anime-based, alien science fiction gun-totin' babe?
2. Wallurgist--Playability. Fluff it as an exotic form of mage and I could easily see this actually being played in a D&D game. Interesting notions to consider are one thing but actual in-game playability is a massive selling point to me.
3. Redshirt--Hey--it's a Star Trek class in a D&D game. How could I not give it some love?
01-10-2012, 01:37 PM
01-10-2012, 02:53 PM
Wallurgist is fun, but there's a couple of formatting errors, and it's not that complete.
Farmer is mechanically fine, but it's not something I'd enjoy playing.
Red Shirt is <3
CatGirlSpacePirate is kinda too silly, tbh.
Elemental Bacon. How I wish this was done.
Lord. Sorry hon, but it's just... kinda dull I guess.
Otaku! Amusing concept, I'd play it. Fujoshi shouldn't be female only. Or the other version should be male only I guess, but the asymmetricality bugs me. Not sure how well it would scale. The class skills feels slightly lazy, and the formatting isn't quite right. Also Signature Move needs a limit on how often. Or needs to be told it's unlimited. I really WANT to vote for this one, but...
Perfumer is pretty awesome. I'm worried the DCs might be pretty low, but I'd play it.
Porter is... an interesting concept I guess. More could have been done with it.
01-10-2012, 05:39 PM
Votes tallied. The farmer and the redshirt are really close, still, and the wallurgist and perfumer are close for third place, too.
01-11-2012, 12:40 AM
1 - Farmer
2 - Otaku
3 - Perfumer
01-11-2012, 03:07 AM
1 - Farmer
2 - Otaku
3 - Performer
Assuming you mean perfumer, votes tallied.
01-11-2012, 01:41 PM
Assuming you mean perfumer, votes tallied.
Yea... it was 2AM when i posted that, forgive the mistake
01-11-2012, 04:37 PM
3rd: Red Shirt
01-13-2012, 01:56 AM
01-14-2012, 02:19 PM
1st place: Farmer
2nd place: Perfumer
3rd place: Redshirt
01-16-2012, 03:26 AM
Votes tallied and thread closed to voting.
vBulletin®, Copyright ©2000-2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.