View Full Version : Need Drawing Program Help!!!
12-05-2006, 04:31 PM
I Have tried both Sodipodi, and Inkscape; the only 2 really good free graphic illustraitors I an find. These both were unsucessful. Inkscape was downloaded and installed successfully, but when I tried to run the application, I got 4 error notices, and it didn't run. Sodipodi wanted me to download a gtk+ program, but It wouldn't download for me. I've got a fast computer, but only an Windows ME 98' Processor. What is a program that is FREE which can get the smooth lines where it adds slight pixels around the edge so it is in OOTS style? OR to tell me how to get sodipodi/inkscape running!
The sodipodi installation process is somewhat convoluted, look at the tutorial
(links to the post itself) which explains it quite nicely.
Can't help with Inkscape, although try reinstalling it... might have had an error or two.
Pop Goes the Weasel
12-16-2006, 07:21 PM
Did you install GTK+ before Inkscape? GTK+ is required for Inkscape to run.
12-16-2006, 07:43 PM
As promised elsewhere...
Peregrine's Guide to Making Avatars with Sodipodi (http://www.sodipodi.com/) and Irfanview (http://www.irfanview.com/)
With thanks to Lord of Midnight for reminding me of the installation issues involved.
Note: The following instructions are for Microsoft Windows users. If you're on Linux, you shouldn't have any problems with getting Sodipodi, but you'll have to use something like GIMP instead of Irfanview. If you're on a Mac... good luck with that! (Sorry, I don't have access to a Mac to work things out for you. There is information out there about running Sodipodi on a Mac, but there seems to be better support for its cousin, Inkscape (http://www.inkscape.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?MacOSXPort).)
I. Getting Sodipodi
1. Go to the downloads page on Sourceforge (http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=4054).
2. Pick the file for your version of Windows. At the time of writing, the latest Sodipodi release is 0.34, and so the two Windows files are Sodipodi_0_34_Win2000_XP_Setup.exe (for Windows 2000 or XP) and Sodipodi_0_34_Win9X_ME_Setup.exe (for Windows 9x or ME).
3. Download and run the file. Make note of where you installed it (probably C:\Program Files\Sodipodi\).
4. Go to the Gaim website (http://gaim.sourceforge.net/win32/index.php#wingtk) and get the GTK+ installer. This is a shared toolkit for the user interface (all the buttons and menus and whatnot). If you already have a program like Gaim or GIMP installed, you can skip this step.
5. Run that installer. Make note of where you installed it (probably C:\Program Files\Common Files\GTK\2.0\).
6. Go to where you installed GTK. Go into the "bin" folder. Copy the file libgmodule-2.0-0.dll
7. Go to where you installed Sodipodi. Paste the file. (You might want to rename the existing libgmodule-2.0-0.dll first, just in case. It shouldn't be necessary though.)
8. Make a copy of the file zlib.dll and name it zlib-1.dll
9. You're done!
u have to do soem work.
12-30-2006, 06:43 AM
strange, i don't have any problems instaling inkscape, and neither none of my friends...
vBulletin®, Copyright ©2000-2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.