New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #541
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Conquering the Fantasy Kitchen Sink - Let's Play Sengoku Gensokyo!

Oh god, Mirror Puppet.

I still have nightmares.

It's not the insta-death bit that I object to, it's the bizarre use of the word "instant" where it actually means "this'll take about twenty minutes".
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew:
    The Sandman

2. - Top - End - #542
    Bugbear in the Playground

Let's Play Sengoku Gensokyo - Day 74

Spoiler
    Show
    Yuki: Ah, someone really weird is here.

Cirno: Ehh, where, where?

I meant you!

...Hmph, I'm the strongest, yet you call me weird!? I guess that means you're prepared to lose!

Prepared? I won't lose to some weirdo weakling like you!

Mai: ......*thwap*

Oww! Mai, what was that for!?

.........She looks a bit like me.

Ehh? Hmm, if you ignore the blue hair and the ribbon, there's nothing else that's similar. And what's in your heads are definitely different too!

.........*thwap thwap*

Ow ow owwww! Why are YOU getting mad~!?

...See, you're the weirdos.

BGM: Black Tortoise ~The Seven Northern Mansions~

Mai and Yuki actually make a pretty decent pair. Yuki fights you up-close, while Mai sits back with her very high RNG and WIS stats (both have higher stats as bosses than as playable characters). For this fight, Mai's constant retreats make it hard for us to attack her for any significant amount. She closes out the fight with several strong ranged attacks, taking down Cirno and severely wounding the rest of our party.

Kaguya: Oh my, what cute little guests we have.

Yuki: Who are you calling guests...Wait, don't tell me you're...

Mmhmm. I am the master of this mansion. If you surrender and leave, I'll be happy to overlook your transgressions here.

Huh, is that so? Do you think I'll just easily agree to that?

I suppose that you were never going to exceed my expectations, indeed. In that case, I presume you're prepared?

Hmph, there's nothing that can beat me and Mai working together! Mai, let's show them what we've got!

Mai: .........*nod*

Yuki and Mai have rather peculiar special abilities. Yuki's will raise all her stats when she's paired with Mai...

...while Mai's will raise all her stats when she's fighting apart from Yuki. I wonder what that says about their relationship?

This fight goes a lot smoother. While Mai is still difficult to hit from afar, we managed to sweep all the mooks (and Yuki) who were in Close range, giving Shanghai and Reimu the room to close in on Mai and just barely defeat her in time.

Yuki: No way~, this can't be happening!

...We must escape.

Y-Yeah, we'll go back to Lady Shinki...

Kaguya: My my, where do you think you're going?

Guh!!

Eirin: It seems you did whatever you pleased here, hmm?

Reisen: Gah, the folding screens have graffiti scribbled all over!

Tewi: There's scrawls on the corridors too!

It seems you made some of our residents cry as well...Do you think you went just a bit too far, perhaps...?

...Run away.

Ah, Mai!? Don't just leave me here! You're so mean!

...I wonder who's the mean one around here...?

I-I'm really sorry!

...Should we not give chase?

They look so pitiful, let's not threaten them too much. I'll leave the tidying up of this place to you all.

You heard her.

I knew it...Fiiine.

Do your best~!

Ah!? You're not getting away!

Only a single attack from the Makai Goddess Army this turn, targetting the Faintly Dark Road again.

We managed to win pretty easily (since they're just a bunch of mooks, even if they're rather high in level). However, we took a lot of damage this turn, especially from the first battle. This has caused us to actually run out of Ouki for healing. With a mere 180 Ouki remaining, I had to refuse to heal Shanghai, Alice, and Cirno in order to get everyone else up to full health.

We're going to have to decide how aggressive we want to be for a bit. Do we keep attacking to capture more territories to rebuild our Ryumaku, or hold on and try to store up resources? What's the plan here?

Turn: 74
    Ouki: 180
    Ryumaku: 123/138
    Actions Available: 3

Our Territories:

Night-Blind Road
    Defense: 160/160
    Cost to Develop: 33 RES

Faintly Dark Path
    Defense: 175/175

Magic Forest Entrance
    Defense: 180/180

Magic Forest Border

Road of Reconsideration
    Defense: 190/190
    Cost to Develop: 30 RES

Human Village
    Defense: 310/310
    Cost to Develop: 36 RES

Garden of the Sun

Nameless Hill
    Defense: 205/205
    Cost to Develop: 9 RES

Misty Lake
    Defense: 225/225

SDM Gate
    Defense: 230/230
    Cost to Develop: 24 RES

Great Library
    Defense: 195/195
    Cost to Develop: 27 RES

Clock Tower
    Defense: 210/210
    Cost to Develop: 12 RES

Lost Bamboo Forest

Hidden House

Blossoms Barrier
    Defense: 220/220

Hakugyokurou Stairs
    Defense: 120/200
    Cost to Develop: 6 RES

Yakumo Residence
    Cost to Develop: 18 RES

Magic Forest Interior

Eientei

Enemy Territories:

Hakugyokurou
    Army: Makai Goddess Army
    General: Sara
    Defense: 235/235

Muenzuka
    General: Louise
    Defense: 215/215

SDM Top Floor
    General: Yumeko

Hakurei Shrine
    General: Shinki (Leader)
    Defense: 250/250

What shall we do, then? If we choose to keep attacking, where should we target next? Or would holding the fort be a better choice?
    Check out my Let's Plays: Sengoku Gensokyo (Complete!), Touhoumon (Complete!), and Labyrinth of Touhou
    Jade Curtiss avatar by Teutonic Knight

3. - Top - End - #543
    Dwarf in the Playground

With a dwindling money supply like that, I'd say go on the defensive and try to increase supplies.

But then of course that means that gives Makai a chance to attack a bunch...

4. - Top - End - #544
    Orc in the Playground

With our current condition, I think stalling to develop and build up our Ouki reserves would be the better option. If we're out of Ouki at this rate, then we're definitely going to run into some problems later on. Of course, if they attack, then counterattack with whoever we have left. Preferably only ones at full HP; even though it'd lead to more recovery costs, losing the battle and having units KO'd and possibly deserting is a worse consequence.

5. - Top - End - #545
    Troll in the Playground

Since we have a few territories now, restock.

Also, Yuki looks terrifying.
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew:
    The Sandman

6. - Top - End - #546
    Barbarian in the Playground

Sitting tight and developing is pretty much the only option.
    Conquest wouldn't boost our income any more than 3-dev would and would cost us more in healing. Would also carry the risk of desertions.
    It is more of a disclaimer than a name. Essay, Inc., or the like are all fine as shorthand.
    Things i made from clay, wire & paint.
    An opportunity to have your a bust of your character sculpted, details at the end of this post.
    Currently 4/30 slots claimed.

Creatively inclined? Join the Playground's CHALLENGE! Up your productivity today!

7. - Top - End - #547
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mirrinus View Post
    Was referring to Shinki lamenting over how no one visits Makai anymore...when stages 5 and 6 of UFO take place in Makai.
    Oh yeah. Duh.

Sit tight and get more money Ouki for a turn.
    If you want a OotS style Touhou avatar, send me a request.

Steam name: memnarch. Same avatar.

8. - Top - End - #548
    Ogre in the Playground

If the art was consistent, then Mai and Cirno would have a closer resemblance, not necessarily a familial one.
    I also agree with getting more Ouki.
    Yet another Touhou fan in the playground.
    I'm the strongest, but don't call me an idiot or I'll cyro-freeze you together with some English Beef. - Cirno Avatar by me, assassin8⑨

9. - Top - End - #549
    Banned

Yeah, shoring up our position is the only reasonable thing to do at the moment.

10. - Top - End - #550
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Mmm. It would be best to wait until we can safely take Muenzuka, Hakugyokurou, and SDM Top Floor. It would be bad if we weren't able to achieve full healing as needed.

Yuki's eyes (and her blue, ghost-like aura too I suppose) fascinate me. They really seem to stand out in two of her poses. Probably because of the color and style.

11. - Top - End - #551

Let's Play Sengoku Gensokyo - Day 75-77

Spoiler
    Show
    We develop for three full turns, and are attacked a total of 4 times during this timespan. As usual, I'm trying to limit the damage taken by healing up as much as I can. Healing back up 300-400 HP is worth an additional 800 or so Ouki that I don't have to spend.

If I'm just facing a bunch of mooks, then the battle goes by pretty quickly and easily. However, Yuki, Mai, and chibi-Alice are out and about now, and they can still present sort of threat when they show up. Mai in particular has been very annoying for me to fight; she takes so little damage from most ranged attacks, and tends to retreat aggressively, so it's been tough to get someone in close range to hit her. She's often the last one standing on the opponent's side when the battle ends.

The good thing about fighting mooks, though, is that I can cut loose with expensive abilities, since their defenses are typically low enough that I can finish them off without worrying about running out of battle counters.

Overall, I didn't get quite as much Ouki as I wanted from all this, as Mai and mini-Alice kept showing up to interfere. They both can be quite irritating, what with Mai's stat boosts due to Yuki being strangely absent every time, and little Alice haxing me with her special ability (I think she got off a total of 4 extra hits in her first 2 attacks).

Still, I think we can stop defending for now, and start considering our next move.

Turn: 77
    Ouki: 6328
    Ryumaku: 123/147

Our Territories:

Night-Blind Road

Faintly Dark Path

Magic Forest Entrance

Magic Forest Border

Road of Reconsideration
    Defense: 190/190

Human Village

Garden of the Sun

Nameless Hill

Misty Lake

SDM Gate

Great Library

Clock Tower

Lost Bamboo Forest
    Cost to Develop: 15 RES

Hidden House

Blossoms Barrier

Hakugyokurou Stairs
    Defense: 120/200

Yakumo Residence

Magic Forest Interior

Eientei

Enemy Territories:

Hakugyokurou
    General: Sara

Muenzuka

SDM Top Floor

Hakurei Shrine

Reminds me of Oregon Trail. "Should we rest? How many days should we rest for? All right, let's rest for 3 days."

Which territory shall we strike next? And shall we just hit it 3 times hoping to take it, or hold back and go slowly?
    Check out my Let's Plays: Sengoku Gensokyo (Complete!), Touhoumon (Complete!), and Labyrinth of Touhou

12. - Top - End - #552
    Orc in the Playground

I'm not sure how long 6.3k Ouki will last us. If it can only last for maybe 1 or 2 turns of relentless attacking, then I say hold back and wait for our reserves to build up just a bit more. If it'll last us enough territories to get at Shinki (or maybe Yumeko, who I'm also going to propose be our final non-Shinki target), then by all means go for it.

13. - Top - End - #553
    Barbarian in the Playground

6k Ouki won't last us long, but it'll allow us to start chipping away at a territory whilst developing one of the many ResReq.9 areas with leftover actions. The longer we wait, the more the Makai characters autolevel, potentially making Hakurei Shrine nigh unassailable. And we don't have the Ouki to counter that with.

So i suggest we take Hakugyokurou by attacking once or twice/turn. I don't even know what Sara's ability does, that's how little of a difference it made , and she folds like paper to ranged attacks so i feel we can let her loose.
    It is more of a disclaimer than a name. Essay, Inc., or the like are all fine as shorthand.
    Things i made from clay, wire & paint.
    An opportunity to have your a bust of your character sculpted, details at the end of this post.
    Currently 4/30 slots claimed.

Creatively inclined? Join the Playground's CHALLENGE! Up your productivity today!

14. - Top - End - #554
    Ogre in the Playground

I guess our next action should be going after the useless gate guard of Makai, and then the tourist, both of whom are a shout out to characters created by the artist of Hatarakimono.

As for how we do it, "yukkuri ****eitte ne" and use one or two turns for attacking.
    Last edited by Assassin89; 2010-12-25 at 09:02 AM.
    I'm the strongest, but don't call me an idiot or I'll cyro-freeze you together with some English Beef. - Cirno Avatar by me, assassin8⑨

15. - Top - End - #555
    Banned

Yeah, take Hakugyokuro back, poor Sara doesn't like being there anyway. But take it slowly to not take too much damage. And for the love of all that is holy, leave Yumeko for last, she's terrifying.

16. - Top - End - #556
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by IncoherentEssay View Post
    So i suggest we take Hakugyokurou by attacking once or twice/turn. I don't even know what Sara's ability does, that's how little of a difference it made , and she folds like paper to ranged attacks so i feel we can let her loose.
    Sara's ability increases her DEF against melee range attacks, so melee attackers won't be doing as much as they should. Which is why, as you said, RNG attacks are very effective.

17. - Top - End - #557

Let's Play Sengoku Gensokyo - Day 78-79

Spoiler
    Show

All right, we'll take it slow and steady. Three attacks total split over two turns on Hakugyokurou. I decided to do two attacks on the second turn, so that I could get in an extra turn with that extra ryumaku from developing this turn. It shouldn't matter much, though.

Only Yuki and some mooks showed up for this first fight, and Yuki by herself isn't that strong (her ability only works with Mai next to her).

On the flip side, Makai got pretty serious with their attacks this turn. Not only do they attack relentlessly...but just what happened to their mooks' levels!?

Mooks are mooks, sure, but the numbers they've been putting up have actually become close to threatening. And there was one annoying one that kept casting Rally...that was pretty scary.

We willingly relinquish a piece of the Road of Reconsideration on Makai's third attack this turn. The territory loss isn't a big deal considering that Muenzuka would probably be our next stop after this, and their chances of capturing it outright are unlikely.

Meiling: You are...Sara, right? Even Makai has gatekeepers too?

Sara: That's right. Protecting the gate to Makai to the end is my duty, and I'm proud of it.

Hehe, that's a little unexpected, I'm a gatekeeper too. Okay then, shall we find out who the better gatekeeper is?

Heh, sounds fun. How would we decide it?

That's simple. If you can protect this place from us, then you win. Otherwise, I win.

So there are gatekeepers who stand on the frontlines nowadays? Fine, I accept. Come with all your might!

Well, this fight didn't start off well. Our opponents got the first strike, and everyone targetted Meiling.

And they kept attacking Meiling until she went down. That was...8 attacks in a row, was it? Even after healing herself with Chi Meditation, it still wasn't enough to save her. But at least that kept everyone else perfectly safe to land some strong blows. I guess that's what a tank is suppose to do?

A nice thing about attacking twice in one turn is that some enemies will start with weakened HP. The advantage can be quite important in particularly tough battles. However, you aren't able to use your five best characters (if you have them) for both battles, so it's a double-edge sword.

By the way, Sara's ability is a bit more complicated than you think. It triggers only when she is fighting on her army's territory (in other words, defending instead of attacking), and it does jack up her defense as expected.

Despite our lack of ranged attacks in this second battle, Suika managed to work overtime with Pandemonium, and we eked out a win despite a few last-minute barrages from a surviving mook.

Sara: Ahh, how could this have happened...! How could I have let the enemy break through...! Lady Shinki, I must retreaaaat!

Youmu: ......Whew, it is good to finally be back.

Yuyuko: Goodness me, having our home taken from us while we were away is rather embarassing. You need to shape up a lot more, Youmu.

It's my fault!? I can't do anything if I am not here!

If you could create a shadow copy of yourself, then that would work out perfectly.

A shadow copy...That would probably work! Okay, I will train my hardest!

Do your best~.

Reimu: ...You all really are amazing.

[center]**********[center]

Turn: 79
    Ouki: 5318
    Ryumaku: 123/153

Our Territories:

Night-Blind Road

Faintly Dark Path

Magic Forest Entrance

Magic Forest Border

Road of Reconsideration
    Defense: 110/190

Human Village

Garden of the Sun

Nameless Hill

Misty Lake

SDM Gate

Great Library

Clock Tower

Lost Bamboo Forest

Hidden House

Blossoms Barrier

Hakugyokurou Stairs
    Defense: 200/200

Yakumo Residence

Magic Forest Interior

Eientei

Hakugyokurou

Enemy Territories:

Muenzuka

SDM Top Floor

Hakurei Shrine

18. - Top - End - #558
    Orc in the Playground

And we're back on our way to conquering Gensokyo! Seeing as our Ouki reserves are still a bit low (lower than before actually ), let's just continue with our current pace.

If you could create a shadow copy of yourself, then that would work out perfectly.

A shadow copy...That would probably work! Okay, I will train my hardest!

Do your best~.
    Can't Youmu already do that? It seems like she's perfectly capable of giving her ghost half a form and having it fight alongside her, so why can't she just do that and station it somewhere else as a guard?

19. - Top - End - #559
    Dwarf in the Playground

Poor Meiling. First she gets punched in the face a ton in the Labyrinth of Touhou LP, then again for Team Unappreciated, and now again in Sengoku. (Did I miss any? Touhoumon, maybe?)

Ahh well, that's what she does best, I guess..

20. - Top - End - #560
    Ogre in the Playground

In Touhoumon, Meiling usually fell without KOing even one opponent.

And now we continue our current tactics on the tourist. And then its on to the scary maid.
    Last edited by Assassin89; 2010-12-26 at 09:21 AM.

21. - Top - End - #561

Let's Play Sengoku Gensokyo - Day 80-81

Spoiler
    Show

Same plan as last time: three attacks split over two turns.

In the first battle, once again we have Mai walling herself like crazy (seriously, everyone at Very Far distance!?). We wipe out the rest of her team, but that just leaves her with 30 battle points to spend on herself, which was pretty ridiculous. At least her attacks weren't quite as strong as usual due to distance, our high WIS characters, and her lower HP.

We get attacked once in response, where our whole team got a lucky first strike against Chibi Alice, rendering her powerless for most of the fight. We clean up the mooks, despite now being extraordinarily out-leveled by them.

At this rate, I might have to grind for some levels before taking on the final territory...

Eiki: You would be the insolent intruder who dared step into Muenzuka, correct?

Louise: ...Yes. And you are?

I am Yamaxanadu Eiki Shiki, a Yama. This is where idle spirits rest, it is not a place for you to stir up controversy.

Spirits...I was THINKING this felt like a really creepy place!

Are you desecrating the dead by calling them "creepy"? ...It appears you need to repent. I shall judge your sin of ignorance!

Louise steps out for her first real battle against us.

I don't know if this party just doesn't work well together, or if our enemies just had really good defenses, or if we were just plain unlucky, but for some reason we had a really hard time putting up good numbers in this fight. Quickly realizing that there was no chance for me to outright defeat my opponents, I instead settled in to a plan for shoring up defenses and forcing my opponents to run down their battle counter. By leaving as many enemies as I can in critical HP, I let them take up turns while doing little damage. I am behind on the battle guage for most of the fight, but a few KOs at the very end was enough to shift the guage in my favor.

The margin of victory wasn't quite as high as we're used to seeing, but it's fine. That's all we needed to take this place in one more attack anyway, so it didn't make much of a difference.

Onto the final battle for the fate of Muenzuka.

Louise has what's probably one of the best special abilities amongst the Makai Goddess Army. Cross Shot triggers much like Young Alice's Mirror Doll, and can trigger multiple times in one turn as well. Instead of hitting the same target like Mirror Doll, it attacks a different one each time. It's more dangerous, though, in that while Mirror Doll's extra hits are at reduced power, Cross Shot doesn't seem to suffer any damage reduction when it activates. This makes Louise pretty strong on the offensive.

Louise prefers ranged combat, as I believe Cross Shot only works for ranged spells. She'll typically try to stand at Far distance from everyone, much like Mai. To take her down in this last battle, I had our mages quickly eradicate anyone at Close range to Mokou and Keine, so that they could advance onwards to strike Louise with melee attacks instead. It worked well, and we take out all enemies just as our battle counter runs out.

Louise: Ugh, how could I have lost! ...Though to be honest, I'm quite relieved...I hate creepy places like these~!

Stop right there.

W-W-What...?

...Hmm, it appears that this does not have a description of you...It seems you are outside my jurisdiction.

Uh, right...I'll be leaving then.

I said to stop. It must be fate that we met here. You, who fears Muenzuka so badly, clearly require a lecture...

I-I really need to go! G-Goodbye~!

I believe I told you to wait!

Komachi: ...Ah-ah, she ran off. Hardly unexpected though.

This is unfortunate...Hm, I must write a letter of apology to the other judges...Komachi, you must submit one as well.

Ehh, I have to!? Man...

Reimu: ...Poor girl. I suppose...I should write a letter of apology to my God as well, huh?

One more attack from the Makai Goddess Army to close out this turn.

Enemy mooks seem to be doing a lot more damage now thanks to their remarkably high levels. Averaging level 29-30, they're typically able to hit for 300-ish damage against characters with average defenses, which is pretty devastating if they get to go first. Which brings me to another point.

I'll admit, you guys were right about Flandre being too much of a glass cannon. She's taking 400-500 damage from full-health enemies, and her speed isn't enough to ensure that she goes first. Remilia has a similar problem, although not quite as bad. Neither has a defensive stat that's actually decent, so I can't just stick them in a favorable position like I can with Patchouli. Unless I get really lucky in any particular battle, the two of them would probably really need Eirin's help in order to have any kind of staying power.

Turn: 81
    Ouki: 4850
    Ryumaku: 123/158

Our Territories:

Night-Blind Road

Faintly Dark Path

Magic Forest Entrance

Magic Forest Border

Road of Reconsideration

Human Village

Garden of the Sun

Nameless Hill

Misty Lake

SDM Gate

Great Library

Clock Tower

Lost Bamboo Forest

Hidden House
    Cost to Develop: 21 RES

Blossoms Barrier

Hakugyokurou Stairs

Yakumo Residence

Magic Forest Interior

Eientei

Hakugyokurou

Muenzuka
    Cost to Develop: 6 RES

Enemy Territories:

SDM Top Floor

Hakurei Shrine
    Last edited by Mirrinus; 2010-12-27 at 01:18 AM.

22. - Top - End - #562
    Ogre in the Playground

I guess its time for the Scarlet Devil crew to take back their mansion from Yumeko, but we are going to need to raise their levels to stand a better chance. I'm not sure if Koakuma's ability will be useful here though.
    Last edited by Assassin89; 2010-12-27 at 09:32 AM.

23. - Top - End - #563
    Banned

It might be a terrible idea, but we've got to use the SDM people in taking back their mansion. It's their home after all and they seem even more closely associated with it than other people do with their. Also it does seem like some level grinding might be needed. These enemies just gain levels at a staggering speed.

24. - Top - End - #564
    Orc in the Playground

Agreed with farming some levels right now. It might be best to just take it a bit slower and develop. In the mean time, we can fend off attacks and use the Ouki generated to gain some levels.

I really never had any problems with Flandre having low defenses in my game. It might've been because I spent a lot of time stalling against the Yakumos to prep myself for the Makai team, and I used her more as a ranged attacker since I already had more melee ones.

25. - Top - End - #565

Let's Play Sengoku Gensokyo - Day 82-84

Spoiler
    Show

It's finally time for the territory that some people here have already voiced their concerns over: retaking the SDM!

But first, we've got one more round before Yumeko will show up. Our enemies may have much better levels, but we've still got strategy on our side. Which, in this case, means blowing up the mooks at Close range as quickly as possible so that Meiling and Reimu can advance and attack Mai on their turns. The interesting thing about Mai is that she's pretty compulsive at retreating from anyone who gets into Close range of her. This makes us waste battle counters on approaching again, but it also keeps her from actually attacking.

Yumeko: Welcome to my domain.

Sakuya: Your domain? This territory is Milady's and none other. Do surrender now before it's too late.

I'm afraid not. I also have orders from my master that I must fulfill.

I see. However, I cannot back down either...

I didn't think you would. The let's use this opportunity to see...just which of us is the more perfect maid!

Wow...that's a lot of unique characters going up against us...

With Yumeko, it's all about positioning. She's ridiculously strong at melee combat (her boss form has 8 MEL, 7 DEF, and 7 SPD on top of the bonuses she gets for working with other Makai characters). To beat her, you really need some solid tanks to start the battle off at Close range to her to prevent her from approaching your squishier characters. Heaven help you if she goes first and you've got several people at Close range to her, because then you're going to eat Dagger Dance.

As for this fight...the positions just didn't pan out at all. Keine, my best tank, started out at Far instead of Close, which game Yumeko the opportunity to just tear into Sakuya and Suika. The latter was particularly painful, as it ruined the power of Pandemonium, which I was hoping was going to carry us through. Ouch. The fight went pretty poorly from there on out.

Makai ends the turn with a counterattack on the SDM. Fed up with this, I just throw Eientei and the Yakumos at them, since I don't have to care about defense as much when Yumeko isn't around. Yukari goes nuts with her ability activating every turn, and we soundly crush the attackers.

Remilia: ...This is my favorite place in the mansion. If you outsiders would leave right now, I'l pretend not to have seen anything.

Yumeko: I thank you for your generosity. However...I'm pretty sure someone like you would know how I would reply.

Dear me. While your loyalty cannot be questioned, your inflexibility will lead to your downfall.

Whatever you might try to say, I am only performing the wishes of my master. I shall not lose to you at all.

Hmph, this is why I dislike people ignorant to the ways of the world. I am the empress of the night...You shall have a taste of the power of a vampire!

All right, let's see if things go better this time around. And what'd ya know, it does!

This time we get Keine and Mokou at close range to Yumeko, which is exactly what I want. My only regret is that I wasn't able to get Yumeko to attack Mokou once more to trigger Resurrection, but I guess that's still a win for us. Suika's Pandemonium was pretty nuts here, hitting 4 times on the first use (including 2 KOs), and murdering Yumeko with 3 hits the second time.

Keine is wonderful at tanking Yumeko's attacks, so we'll wait until next turn before attacking the SDM again, so that she can be of use again. During the downtime, Makai counterattacks us once more.

Patchy and Marisa rip Sara apart right off the bat (yes, I've been giving Patchy SPD+ equipment), and it's smooth sailing from there on out.

All right, time for our last battle at the SDM.

Four unique character enemies here, but I really couldn't have asked for a better starting position. With only Keine at Close range to Yumeko, the most dangerous enemy was effectively neutered. However, what really caught me off-guard here was that the one generic enemy (whom I had been ignoring this whole time) actually came packing Healing Prayer, which healed her entire party for 200-300 HP each, undoing a ton of my work. Still, with Keine in position I wasn't really afraid of our opponent's damage output, so even if we didn't manage to outright defeat everyone, we still walk away with a well-earned victory.

Yumeko: Tch, you devils...My deepest apologies, Lady Shinki, but I must retreat.

Sakuya: Do you think you'll be able to get away so easily?

Hehe...As maids, we must settle who is the best between us someday. ...Until then!

Stop!

Remilia: Sakuya! Don't chase too far after her.

...Very well.

Hmm...No traces of disorder anywhere. She's quite good for an enemy. Perhaps I should hire her.

...It was just a joke, don't take off your headdress.

Reimu: If she was a maid, then it's likely that she's a direct subordinate of the big boss.

Most likely her right-hand woman. Being able to force her back would be a large boost for our war effort.

Alright, do your best as well, Reimu. Those who take over my mansion, ignorant to etiquette and fear, must certainly learn a very harsh lesson.

...I would even if you didn't tell me to.

Turn: 84
    Ouki: 2033
    Ryumaku: 124/166

Our Territories:

Night-Blind Road

Faintly Dark Path

Magic Forest Entrance

Magic Forest Border

Road of Reconsideration

Human Village

Garden of the Sun

Nameless Hill

Misty Lake

SDM Gate

Great Library

Clock Tower

Lost Bamboo Forest

Hidden House

Blossoms Barrier

Hakugyokurou Stairs

Yakumo Residence

Magic Forest Interior

Eientei

Hakugyokurou

Muenzuka

SDM Top Floor

Enemy Territories:

Hakurei Shrine

I'm all for a bit of grinding before taking on the final territory, but I must decide: who should be the team of 5 for me to focus all our resources on?

26. - Top - End - #566
    Firbolg in the Playground

Mokou! She can tank decently with the Resurrection ability and has pretty good offensive stats; not like LoT where I guess she's not useful at all.
    If you want a OotS style Touhou avatar, send me a request.

Steam name: memnarch. Same avatar.

27. - Top - End - #567
    Orc in the Playground

I'm all for a bit of grinding before taking on the final territory, but I must decide: who should be the team of 5 for me to focus all our resources on?
    Why pick? Get everyone to 30+, maybe more to compensate for any levels they might gain!

...yeah, that'd obviously take too long. Anyway, seeing as you seem partial to Keine, Mokou, and Suika, we have 3 down already. For the last 2, I'll vote for Reimu and Marisa. I like the feeling of using your starting characters to beat the game.

Spoiler
    Show
    Of course, luck depending, you might have to use more than 5 characters for the final boss. For that, grind with your own discretion, I suppose.

28. - Top - End - #568
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by EifieFlare View Post
    Why pick? Get everyone to 30+, maybe more to compensate for any levels they might gain!

...yeah, that'd obviously take too long. Anyway, seeing as you seem partial to Keine, Mokou, and Suika, we have 3 down already. For the last 2, I'll vote for Reimu and Marisa. I like the feeling of using your starting characters to beat the game.

Spoiler
    Show
    Of course, luck depending, you might have to use more than 5 characters for the final boss. For that, grind with your own discretion, I suppose.
    This, but replace Reimu (we have three melee already, unless Suika is ranged) with, say, Shikieiki.
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew:
    The Sandman

29. - Top - End - #569
    Dwarf in the Playground

Well, since we're calling favorites already... Needs more Yukari.

30. - Top - End - #570
    Ogre in the Playground

Four units that I can think of are Reimu, Marisa, Yuka, and Alice. Not sure how Shinki will feel about the time paradox.