Crusading Zealot [Style]
Oath-sworn to a higher purpose, you channel your faith to strike against the enemies of your cause & beliefs.
BAB +3, Wisdom 13+, must not be True Neutral.
You gain the following techniques based on your base attack bonus:
- Smite Foe (minimum BAB): When you first attain this ability, choose an alignment component opposed to your own (Law vs. Chaos or Evil vs. Good). You gain the ability to smite creatures of that alignment once per day, as a paladin smites evil creatures. Use your character level in place of any specific class levels for any smite attack you make (including smite attacks from other sources). If you already possess a smite ability, you may choose a different alignment to smite or the same one, provided the alignment you choose for this feat is opposed to your own. At base attack bonus +7, +11, +15, & +19, increase your smites per day from this feat by one.
- Ranged Smite (+1 BAB): You may make smite attempts using a normal ranged attack. This applies to any smite ability you possess.
- Vehement Strike (+1 BAB): When making a smite attempt, treat the attack as though made with a weapon of your alignment for the purpose of overcoming damage reduction. This applies to any smite ability you possess.
- Purging Smite (+1 BAB): As a swift action, you may add a dispelling effect to your smite. If this smite strikes a valid target who is the subject of one or more spells, you may make a dispel check (1d20 + your character level + your Charisma modifier) against the spell with the highest caster level. If that check fails, you make dispel checks against progressively weaker spells until you dispel one spell or until you fail all your checks. The creature’s magic items are not affected. As a full-round action, you may instead expend a smite attempt to make a dispel check (as above) to remove a spell currently affecting the creature you touch.
- Radiant Wrath (+1 BAB): As a standard action, you may expend a smite attempt to deal 1d4 points of damage per character level to all valid targets of the expended smite within 30’. Such creatures are also dazzled for 1 round.
- Sealing Sanction (+1 BAB): As a swift action, you may add a sealing effect to your smite. If this smite strikes a valid target who possesses any supernatural (Su) attacks &/or qualities, you may temporarily seal one such ability of which you are aware (Knowledge check or in-battle observation is sufficient) for a number of rounds equal to your Charisma bonus (if any) plus 1. Sealed supernatural properties are affected as though within an antimagic field. The victim of such a sealing is not immediately aware unless it would be obvious (supernatural levitation failing) until it makes an attempt to employ such an ability.
- Smite Heretic (+1 BAB): As a swift action, you may add a dogmatic punishment to your smite. If this smite strikes a valid target, that target takes 1d4 points of temporary Wisdom damage. If the target is actively antithetical to your cause or ideal (a priest of an enemy religion, a captain in an enemy army, etc.) then this smite deals an additional point of Wisdom damage.
A fighter may select Crusading Zealot as one of his fighter bonus feats.