Walking the Way: A Swordsage's Handbook [Under Construction again]
View Single Post
04-27-2011, 10:10 PM
Barbarian in the Playground
Join Date: Jan 2011
Re: Walking the Way: A Swordsage's Handbook [Under Construction again]
Dwarf – Eh, not a terrible choice but if I’m going to sacrifice my movement rate I’d like to get something more useful for it
– Excellent choice. SS needs extra feats badly and always benefits from more skill points.
– Ok. The boost to dex is nice, the hit to con isn’t. Proficiency with a ranged weapon pushes this up into the playable regime.
Gnome – As dwarf.
– A good choice. Boost to dex is noticeable while the penalty to str doesn’t hurt at all, boost to saves is always nice.
Duergar – as dwarf. The invisibility seems synergistic but not enough to make me want to play them.
– LA is rugged, but if you can buy it off or divert it to one side of a gestalt these become
. Mixes well with psychic warrior in gestalt.
– LA is rugged, but if you can buy it off or divert it, these guys were
born to be swordsages
. Mixes well with Psychic Warrior in gestalt.
– Similar to Halfling. A fine choice if their “Burst” racial ability only takes a swift action to activate.
No reason to take over Halfling otherwise
Elf, Snow/Elf, Wild – if you have to play an elf, play one that doesn’t cost you 1 hp/level.
Lizardfolk, Poison Dusk
– Bonuses to dex and con, solid choice. Gets
if you can buy off the LA.
– big bonus to dex. Good choice, try to buy-off the LA. Gets
if you can.
– lots of useful ability boosts but LA is a turnoff. Worth a look.
– VERY saucy. No LA, boosts to all your best stats, useful SLAs and other abilities also.
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by Essence_of_War