Originally Posted by iTookUrNick
1. Lose 1 caster level at first level. Check. Now that first level is really bad, discouraging small dips as intended.
2. Not for free! By RAW, only arcane casters can spellstictch undead. I added the secret so that prophets (ie divine caster) could do it too. They're still required to pay all associated costs. At most, I was thinking to have the recipient pay them as long as he's a PC...
Would you still put it as a (really) expensive enhancing option? It does seem more appropriate now that you mention it.
Same for unholy vigor and enhanced anatomy. The latter could become an enhancement (=paid upgrade) or maybe a secret + enhancemet (not too expensive, due to requirements and limitations).
These changes would better conform to the way I envision the prophet two main abilities:
- secrets = abilities/bonuses tied to the necromancer
- enhancements = bonuses tied to the corpse to be animated
3. Curse as in Bestow Curse (clr 3) and Greater BC (clr 7). Possibly, a different table for each. Perhaps Animate dead+create undead and create greater undead respectively.
Also: would you put the regular "Eschew Materials" as a feat requirement for the homonymous secret? I mean, it allows to save a lot
of money and its drawback is basically fluff.
OOOh that makes a lot more sense I thought it was applied for free. You might want to specify that.
Also homonymous secret? I think you mean the eschew materials one. And ya that would be a good idea. Most necromancers have a way to get free animate dead but its better to have this one have some cost.
Honestly I don't think the fiendish influence secret needs 20 ranks of knowledge arcana as a prerequisite. The fiendish template really isn't that strong. Or did you mean half fiend template? Because there is a world of difference between them.