Bugbear in the Playground
Join Date: Jan 2010
Re: The Spore Game: New Life on Planet Agaman
You motion the translucoid into the nest with your horn and he jets up the side of the mound and into the nest. You are quite eager to take your place as the leader of an entire colony of translucoids, but first, your stomach is begging for nourishment. Using your jets you swim over to a large creeper, and dig to get to the juicy roots. Gorging yourself on the purple goo, you soon fill your stomach, and you notice that your membrane too turns a shade of purple as the nutritious dye courses through your cytoplasm.
Once your hunger is satisfied, you ascend the large sandy mound. The peak of the mound drops off into a deep hole that descends into darkness. It appears just wide enough to swim down comfortably, but not much wider. You enter the nest like the others, and allow yourself to sink in the darkness.
Stirring up a cloud, you land on a hard sandstone surface. You are in the center of a large open area, with just enough light filtering in to see clearly the dozen or so translucoids mulling about. Around the edges of the area are small indentations, which, due to the particles floating from these areas, you can tell are temporary places of rest. As you land, the activity stops, and you see the translucoids turn towards you, expecting you to do something.
You dig your burrow slightly out of the way of the drop zone, but still in the center. You create it large and extravagant, acknowledging your leadership to those around you. Tired from a territorial standoff, you nestle into your comfortable burrow, and sleep, knowing that when you wake, you will have an entire species under your wing.
You have reached your first turning point!
1: Determine your veiws on the creatures you met up to this point. Describe your general attitude toward them as Aggressive, Passive, Cowardly, or Inquisitive. Name them, if they are yet to be named.
- The Aquapede: a long millipede-like creature with a carnivorous appetite and 4 horns, one pair on each end. It also sports a 7 segmented exoskeleton and an array of cillia to move itself.
- A Creeper: Tall plant-like creatures with root like bodies that sport a wide array of brightly colored fans used to attract creatures to it. They appear to bleed a purple goo, which is edible and tasty.
- The Sweepers: Small, primitive decomposers and scavengers that support a segmented exoskeleton, a small toothed mouth, and a long flagellum, which they use to get around. They are quite persistent, and follow any creature they decide is a decent predator so they can consume the leftovers of it's kill.
- The Muks: Disgusting creatures who have a light brown outer membrane, but protruding out of it are large misshapen bony plates that work as weak armor. Unfortunately, the plates themselves give them many weak points. They use a set of tusks to dig for roots and use several jets to make quick escapes.
- The Grinxs (singular Grix): Fast and agile creatures that lack any sort of swimming mechanism, but instead use a set of four tentacles to throw itself around the upper fans of the Creeper Forest. They sport a toothless mouth, and four green glowing eyes.
- The Translucoid: A larger subspecies of Nargaal that lacks coloration in several areas, giving it a translucent membrane, horn, and tusks. They are very territorial, but only attack when their own space or well being is in danger.
- The large black beast with a massive jaw and tentacles. It is known for fast movement and launching tentacles with enough force to smash down a fully grown Creeper with one swing.
2: Describe your general attitude towards new creatures in the same manner as those above.
Due to your social uprising into power and your influence and inspiration on the culture of the species you now rule over, you have developed
: (You may establish a place of constant reproduction for your entire species by forming a nest as you reproduce. This nest will continue to produce more of your species even after you leave.)
You have 20 DNA
to work with
Grow Mouth: 2 DNA (Allows you to eat much faster)
Grow Nose: 4 DNA (Allows you to smell on land. +1 Perception)
Grow Ears: 4 DNA (Allows you to hear, +1 Perception)
Grow Teeth: 4 DNA (Requires mouth, increases attack by 1)
Grow Tusks: 6 DNA (Gives you a pair of long ivory or crystaline teeth that can be used for many purposes, like digging or attacking. Increases attack by 1. Requires Teeth.)
Grow Horn: 4 DNA (Gives you a crystalline or bone horn, increases attack by 1)
Grow Eye: 4 DNA (Allows you to see stuff instead of feeling it, increases Perception by 1.)
Specialize Enzymes: 0 DNA (Choose a type of food (meat, plant matter, rocks, etc.) you gain extra DNA from eating that type of food but less from others. Costs 8 to remove.)
Grow Cilia: 4 DNA (Increases Agility by 1, increases movement speed.)
Increase Mass: 4 DNA (Increases your size, as well as increasing your HP by 1)
Increase Efficiency: 4 DNA (+1 HP/Endurance)
Thicken Membrane: 2 DNA (Thickens your outer membrane, increases defense by 1 but you cannot eat without a mouth)
Grow Exoskeleton: 4 DNA (Increase defense by 1)
Grow Tongue: 5 DNA (Allows you to better taste food and determine its qualities. +1 Perception.)
Grow Jet: 4 DNA (Greatly increases movement speed in short bursts.)
Improve Stomach: 6 DNA (+2 to maximum Stomach capacity)
Grow Vocal Cords: 4 DNA (Allows you to speak with others of your kind over short distances.)
Improve Vocal Cords: 3 DNA (Allows you to project sounds over long distances)
Tentacles: 6 DNA (A set of tentacles form that allow you can use as a minor enhancer to your movement speed underwater. Increases movement speed.)
Prehensile Tentacles: 8 DNA (Your tentacles can be used to manipulate yourself and objects. +1 Attack. Can increase movement speed in complex situations.)
Become Bioluminescent: 5 DNA (Allows you to faintly glow, -1 Stealth, +1 Perception)
Darkvision: 6 DNA (Allows you to see in grayscale in complete darkness)
Improved Vision: 6 DNA: (Most things cannot damage your perception)
My Adoption Center
I make OOTS avatars! Just PM me if you want one.
A true storyteller uses the ink of emotion on the paper of imagination.
Last edited by Cealocanth : 06-24-2011 at 11:05 PM.