New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Inside 40

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Market Street]

The man, who suddenly gains the name Mazitch, looks down at himself. "This isn't an outfit. It's pajamas." He says indignantly. "All my clothes and equipment and my tower and... Well it's somewhere, that's for certain."

He peers around suspiciously at the surrounding people. "You don't think werewolves took it, do you? No, that can't be right. They would have just ate then killed me."
    Mazitch is a pretty good name for a mad scientist.

"Pajamas is a funny name for an outfit!"
    "It sounds Indian."
    "They worship snakes in India!"
    "We should go to India next!"

"Oh I'm sure your tower is still somewhere. Just not here," Dunastes replies, once more glancing about at the surroundings. "Wherever here is..."

The comment about werewolves is met with a raised eyebrow.

"...right. You're obviously from a City. I'm guessing Athens? Maaaaybe Alexandria?"

Quote Originally Posted by OrchestraHc View Post
    [Car Chase]
    "I think that might be One-Eyed Pete," Justin says rather stupidly. "I was just expecting some goon in an eyepatch, not an actual cyclops. Drive by him and stop next to him when he goes down." Justin lines up a shot determined to knock the little guy off of his feet and maybe out of his conciousness. He fires, taking special care not to shoot that hat. He's got a funny feeling about it. You know, that funny feeling that goes "takeittakeittakeit"
    It's really nice hat. And would be too large for the cyclopes if not for his comically over-sized head. As Pete staggers out of the car he tosses a weird black disk onto the sidewalk before jumping inside, taking cover in his portable hole!

He takes aim at Justin from his fox-hole and opens fire!

"Gah, I'm hit!" the taxi exclaims as it spins out of control!
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Ogre in the Playground

Masks - Underground

Jezebel tries to lift Xifra up gently by hooking a finger under her chin and giving her a gentle kiss. "You can ask me anything you want. I will gladly aide you in freeing yourself from those things."

3. - Top - End - #243
    Troll in the Playground

Masks Underground

Xifra gratefully clings to her Mistress. "There are... other people... who want them..." she avoids saying the words Seeker or Object, for fear of the Objects hearing her and gripping her mind before she can get her plan out. "If they try to take them, I will fight. I know it. I need to be weakened, so I won't win, and watched over, so I won't be killed."

"And Salome can't know. I can't risk her."
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

4. - Top - End - #244
    Ogre in the Playground

[Dr. Kraken's Warehouse]

"I can do creative and bold. I'm all about creative and bold." Kraken shuffles through his numerous papers. Finally he produces a blue one. "Here we are. As soon as this is built we'll be in that creative and bold business." It looks like some sort of base thingy. Fancy too.

It'll be fully constructed as soon as his player musters the inspiration and will to describe it and ponder a floor plan.

[Market Street]

"Oh gosh no. Far too many people that want to string me up for desecrating their loved ones or some such nonsense like that. I stay far away from from cities." Mazitch looks around at the surrounding people, wondering how many of them want to string him up.

He glances back at Dunastes and narrows his eyes. "I've never heard of either of those places. Are you sure you don't mean Havengul or Selhoff?"

5. - Top - End - #245
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Masks Underground

Xifra gratefully clings to her Mistress. "There are... other people... who want them..." she avoids saying the words Seeker or Object, for fear of the Objects hearing her and gripping her mind before she can get her plan out. "If they try to take them, I will fight. I know it. I need to be weakened, so I won't win, and watched over, so I won't be killed."

"And Salome can't know. I can't risk her."
    Masks Underground

"I'll watch over you personally."
    Jezebel says with a smile. "It is the least I could do to repay you for all the wonderful things you have given us. Consider it a gift given freely."

6. - Top - End - #246
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Alexandrian View Post
    [Blue Zone - Private Sector -Crier Pharmaceuticals - Building 3 - 27th Floor to Street-Level]

Oh! That's very thoughtful of Miss Trium! She doesn't have any interest in watching her opponent wreck herself against the heartless earth below! Lighter Spec becomes, then!

Spec does nothing to reciprocate her foe's good sportsmanship. Nope. She'd love for her opponent to hurdle to the earth below with as much kinetic energy as the universe can spare and more.

Spec still probably is under the effects of Trium's disable movement spell. There's not much she can do...other than powering up her light-katana once more, transferring the combined weight of the pair to Trium's hand-blade which, last she checked, might be embedded in the wall.

Spec's arms are going to be so useless once the adrenaline in her system dissipates. Near avulsion! Boo!

"Inkaelos!"

This time, the word doesn't have any effect on Spec, though, instead making Trium stronger. Combined with all of the implants and replacements she has, they're probably not going anywhere.

"Tale'kuin naemrothka dunsir ahnkvaelos narmoroth taelorn!"

Spec might now be able to move her lips and tongue again.

"So, why is it you're trying to kill me?"

(Feel free to interrupt, of course.)

7. - Top - End - #247
    Troll in the Playground

Masks Underground

"I'll need my tattoos broken. And a notice put somewhere to attract those who would..." She cringes, as she feels the pull of the Objects. "No. This is a stupid plan, forget it."
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

8. - Top - End - #248

[Market Street]

"That's a funny name for a city."
    "He desecrates people? That's mean!"
    "How are they supposed to do stuff in the underworld?"

Dunastes flails a bit at the snakes to get them to hush.

"I don't recognize either of those. Certainly not from Greece or Asia. Gaul maybe?"

He knows that cities in Gaul have really weird names.

But she also knows that people from Gaul are barbarians.

They don't do experiments like the philosophers from Athens! So this is all very confusing. Dunastes shakes his head. "Probably a lot of land between my home country and yours. And I can't imagine that Eris would have dumped you here as well, so it must have been a coincidence that we arrived at the same time."

9. - Top - End - #249
    Ogre in the Playground

[Market Street]

"Never heard of those places either. Hrm, have you heard of Innistrad?" They will puzzle this out together! He scratches the stubble on his chin. "Never heard of any Eris before either. Quite a coincidence I guess."

10. - Top - End - #250
    Titan in the Playground

[Dr. Kraken's Warehouse]

"I can do creative and bold. I'm all about creative and bold." Kraken shuffles through his numerous papers. Finally he produces a blue one. "Here we are. As soon as this is built we'll be in that creative and bold business." It looks like some sort of base thingy. Fancy too.

It'll be fully constructed as soon as his player musters the inspiration and will to describe it and ponder a floor plan.
    [Dr. Kraken's Warehouse]

"Well, it looks your future in diabolical architecture is sealed." Observes Magister, her voice without emotion or much tonal diversity. "Will you be putting me to work on a construction site, or are you going to conduct an actual heist of some kind?!" She swiftly reclaims tone and emotion in the form of anger, reaching out to seize the doctor by his collar and shake him around.

11. - Top - End - #251
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Masks Underground

"I'll need my tattoos broken. And a notice put somewhere to attract those who would..." She cringes, as she feels the pull of the Objects. "No. This is a stupid plan, forget it."
    Masks Underground

Jezebel frowns before delivering a slap to Xifra's face. "Strengthen yourself! I don't accept weak people into my embrace, Xifra. So don't start being one now." She hisses. "How do you need the tattoos broken?"

12. - Top - End - #252

[Market Street]

Dunastes waves one hand dismissively as she begins carving open that presently busted automaton with his spear. Doesn't really have time to figure out where the apparent atheist came from. After a few moments of digging around she pulls out what looks like a really large golden key and dumps it in a satchel hung at his hip.

"Well at least that came along with me. This would have been a huge waste of time otherwise..."
    Dunastes mutters aloud as she glances down at the key he just collected. "Though now-"

"We're on a quest!"
    "Yeah! We have to go find a hidden temple of Nyx now!"

"Will you all shut up?"
    the half-gorgon snarls at her head-snakes. "Zeus above I can't do anything without you blathering about it can I?"

"Nope!"
    "I'm hungry!"

13. - Top - End - #253
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    ]Outside the Den

Legion's armor clamps down, spreading over most of her bare skin a mere instant before the raptor's claws collide. She cries out and falls backwards, nearly blind, trying to seize the creature's forearms and keep them away.
    [At the Door of the Den]

Kirk rolls away from the raptor, just enough so he's facing it and still within arms reach. He stabs three times in rapid succession at its chest and neck. Sure he suffers some wounds, but it'll be worth it if he can just kill the blasted thing.
    Legion can grab the raptor's arms easily enough, though that does little to stop it from slashing at whatever it can with its legs and bite at everything it can reach.
    Her armor can likely keep the claws at bay for awhile, but with each strike, little jolts of electricity arc out.

Those might be uncomfortable.

Kirk might recall that the raptor wasn't glowing when it jumped at him, which usually indicates one of its more unnatural moves has been launched or preparing to launch.
    As it hasn't done anything else at the moment, the latter seems more likely.

Especially when it shrieks and launches a lightning bolt out of its mouth, as he rolls away.
    He's stabbing at it with a knife, maybe it'll help draw the bolt to its target.
    Maybe stop the raptor from acquiring a new puncture wound or three.

Quote Originally Posted by Harnel View Post
    [Somewhere Else - Night Draped Street]

Kaz won't interrupt him. They're following procedure for keeping themselves safe, and she's not exactly in any position to question Del. She's stay following, even out onto the street.
    Out into the street they go.
    It's a quiet part of the city, at normal times, and appears to be completely dead at this particular hour.

That's either a pro or con for paranoia, it can go both ways.

Del, for the moment, chooses to at least get away from the building they just came out of, to carefully move on towards a street corner.
    "I don't recognize this place. Can you figure out where we are?"
    He was never really one for maps, whether they're built in or not.
    "Fear and creativity are conjoined twins."
    Absentee Spirit

14. - Top - End - #254
    Ogre in the Playground

Underbed

A shadowy door opens up near Kyinde...how strange.

"Yeah! What little Miss Sexehmurder said!" Jack grins, playing around with a Rubiks cube.

Grey Zone Park

Captain Yellowjacket is grabbed by the scorpion and the bee pirates attempt to jump him!
    GLORIOUS SOVIET SNAIL SUPERTECHNOLOGY

Comrade L.E.S.S. by The Mad Hatter!

Quote Originally Posted by Viper9090 View Post
    My weirdest nightmare has just been replaced.
    (Recaiden) He lives!
    (Firedaemon33) Ia! Ia! TechnoScrabble F'Taghn!
    My job requires I leave without warning or explanation sometimes. I should be back within a few days each time.

15. - Top - End - #255
    Ogre in the Playground

[Grey Zone Park]

Huh. Well, it's a good thing Talina doesn't particularly like the scorpion... The vials follow the pirates, and as they attempt to jump him, tip over, spilling their contents, which start quickly floating to just above thier heads, at which point the mage will send one of the blue crystals speeding toward it.

If all of that works, it will cause a massive drop in temperature in around ten feet, and an explosion of extremely tough ice shards for almost fifty.

16. - Top - End - #256
    Ogre in the Playground

[Night Draped Street]

Kaz shakes her head, "Map says we're a block south of The Bank headquarters, in the business district. If I had to guess though, we're in a lower tech residential area. Also, wasn't it the middle of the day before? Either the map is faulty or time shenanigans are afoot." It's not that farfetched an idea here in the Nexus, really. There's no point in not assuming there's been time travel happening. "We need to find out when we are, if that's really the case, or where we are if it isn't."
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

17. - Top - End - #257
    Pixie in the Playground

[Blue Zone - Private Sector -Crier Pharmaceuticals - Building 3 - 27th Floor to Street-Level]

Spec's body, as a whole, doesn't move. Not one inch. It simply can't.

Her mouth, however...

"What manner of trickery is this? You know exactly why I am going to kill you. You agreed to be bound by the rules when you signed yourself up for this game. Kill the individual holding the rank above your's in a legal duel. You removed your Universal Gamers' Wrist-Tool. That makes you a cheater. A hacker."

Spec growls, still oblivious to the fact that her cherished game is gone for good. This is a new dimension entirely, darling. When is that reality going to find its way through your think, daft, unyielding skull?
    Last edited by The Alexandrian; 2011-10-22 at 11:10 PM.

18. - Top - End - #258
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Underbed]

Once she felt like actually moving again, Kyinde stepped through the door, still feeling either numb or sore almost everywhere. She didn't really care where she ended up as long as it was somewhere else.
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

19. - Top - End - #259
    Ogre in the Playground

"Game? What game? I didn't sign up for any games when I came here."

Trium's voice shifts, becoming cold and harsh, with a tone as though she's used to commanding people. Which makes sense, as she was co-ruler of half a galaxy for four thousand years.

"Unless you have knowledge not stored in the Hall of Memories. Which would almost certainly have required that the memory that there was something not stored there was there. Now tell me what you mean."
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2011-10-22 at 11:18 PM.

20. - Top - End - #260
    Ogre in the Playground

[At the Door of the Den]

Damn, more lightening. The electricity manages to make his arm twitch enough that he's not getting that first stab in, but he continues the second and third with just a bit of extra effort.

[Dr. Kraken's Warehouse]

"Gah! Stop that!" Kraken does not appreciate the shaking! Not one bit. Assuming she stops shaking him, he continues more calmly. "All things in due time. We need a proper hideout and base of operations, out of Remnant's jurisdiction." He eyes her warily. "But maybe we could do something small? In preparation."

[Market Street]

Mazitch totally believes in Avacyn! And is very glad that her influence is weakening. He'll be even happier to find she doesn't exist here. Damn clerics, always interfering with his work.

"Hidden temple? Sounds exciting. Temples tend to be unpleasant places though." Especially if those inside aren't a fan of your work. "Is there a special lock for that key?"

21. - Top - End - #261
    Pixie in the Playground

A clear case of severe neural decay, that's what this psychopath is. She probably doesn't even recall her own ranking, does she?

"What are you blathering on about? To gain access to this planet, any individual must register to play the game!"

Spec protests, resentful that she is being bested by "an insane megalomaniac," or so it would appear.

22. - Top - End - #262
    Ogre in the Playground

"Then what planet am I on, and why do I not know why I am here or how I arrived? I would not have tied those memories to something fleeting."

23. - Top - End - #263
    Bugbear in the Playground

Underbed

Ivaz grins as Demon Queen lets out another growl.

First things first, we gotta get her ready. For the questioning. She looks to Jack. You got something to keep her quiet for a little while? Some kinda sleep spell or something?

Grey Zone Park

Syra would charge against the bee pirates. But, seeing Talina's little plan, she decides to wait. She'd rather not get iced.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

24. - Top - End - #264
    Ogre in the Playground

Underbed

"Not a spell, but..." Jack hauls off, uses some of his heavier shadows to make his hand dense and weighty, and attempts to punch Zel in the face, aiming for the back of her head through the front so as to push her brain back and knock her out. He'll keep attempting to punch her until it works.
    GLORIOUS SOVIET SNAIL SUPERTECHNOLOGY

Comrade L.E.S.S. by The Mad Hatter!

Quote Originally Posted by Viper9090 View Post
    My weirdest nightmare has just been replaced.
    (Recaiden) He lives!
    (Firedaemon33) Ia! Ia! TechnoScrabble F'Taghn!
    My job requires I leave without warning or explanation sometimes. I should be back within a few days each time.

25. - Top - End - #265
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[Night Draped Street]

"Maybe we were in the Void longer than it seemed.
    Or perhaps time has shifted."

Either seems possible...

But if the map says that's where they are and it's wrong then something significant has happened.
    Or the tech is broken.
    Possible, perhaps.

Del glances up towards the sky, idly considering that an astrologist could probably figure out the when and where from just this action.
    Mother was never much for the stars, in his lessons. Too grounded on worldly affairs.
    "No pedestrians to ask, at this hour, that I see."

[At the Door of the Den]

Well.
    That's not helpful to the raptor.
    It's not really supposed to have holes in its chest, last time it checked with instinct.

Or blood all over the ground.

The raptor hisses, faintly, making a weak bite at Kirk's arm.
    Shortly before falling forward and staying down.
    Absentee Spirit

26. - Top - End - #266
    Ogre in the Playground

[Night Draped Street]

"We could head down to Trog's. It's not far away, and it's been around long enough that if we did shift time it shouldn't be missing." Kaz suggests.

27. - Top - End - #267
    Ogre in the Playground

[At the Door of the Den]

Kirk would pause to nurse his wounds, if there weren't more enemies about that is. As it is, the drow staggers to his feet, shrugging off his injuries as best he can. That bitten arm isn't feeling great. Now, where is mr sandman?

28. - Top - End - #268
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[Night Draped Street]

"Trog's has been around for many decades. Assuming we haven't gone forward, this seems like a good idea to me.
    Lead the way."

Kaz is the map one, after all.

[At the Door of the Den]

Mr. Sandman is sitting cross-legged on the street, staring over at Kirk.
    "I suspect I more sand than you have blood."
    A slight mixture of threat and observation.
    Absentee Spirit

29. - Top - End - #269
    Ogre in the Playground

[Night Draped Street]

To Trog's then!
    Last edited by Halae; 2011-10-23 at 12:46 AM.

30. - Top - End - #270
    Bugbear in the Playground

Grey Zone Park

The scorpion walks away from this strange mage. Another enemy seems to appear on the battelfield for him. He will drop the captain, if there is no other chance to escape.

"Betrayer."
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK