Class Skills: (6+Int Mod, x4 at 1st level)
|1st||+0||+0||+2||+2||Flora-Fey Body, Sleep Songs, Damage Reduction|
Concentration, Craft, Diplomacy, Escape Artist, Hide, Knowledge (arcana), Knowledge (nature), Listen, Move Silently, Perform, Sense Motive, Spellcraft, Spot, Survival, Tumble.
Petals are proficient with all Simple weapons, and light armor, but not with any shields.
At 1st level, the Petalís loses all previous racial benefits, and their race changes to become the following;
- Low-Light Vision.
- Small Size, with a base Land speed of 20ft. At 4 HD it gains the Slight Build ability; whenever it would be beneficial it is treated as being Tiny sized rather then Small. This also drops their Land speed to 15ft.
- +2 Cha, -2 Str.
- A Petal has wings that are too weak for flight. At 4 HD it gains a Fly speed of 30ft (average), which increases by 5ft/2 additional HD & becomes (good) at 10 HD.
- A Petal gains Natural Armor equal to its Constitution Modifier.
- All Petals have a racial Hide bonus of +2, or +4 if hiding amongst flowers.
- Petals have DR 1/Cold Iron
- Automatic Languages: Common and Petal. Bonus Languages; Elven, and Slyvan.
- Favored Class: Bard. A multiclass Petal's Bard class does not count when determining whether an experience point penalty applies. In addition, all Petal's automatically treat their racial class as a favored class.
Once per day per HD, a Petal can sing songs that deal no damage but can lull a creature into a state of relaxation or sleep. Each ability requires both a minimum HD and a minimum number of ranks in Perform (Sing) to qualify; if the Petal does not have the required number of ranks, it does not gain the Sleep Song ability until it acquires the needed ranks.
Starting a Sleep song effect is a standard action. Some sleep song abilities require concentration, which means the petal must take a standard action each round to maintain the ability. Even while using sleep songs that don't require concentration, a petal cannot cast spells, activate magic items by spell completion (such as scrolls), or activate magic items with a verbal component, a deaf petal has a 20% chance to fail when attempting to use sleep songs.
Sleep songs do not stack with the Bard's Bardic Music.
Damage Reduction (Ex):
- Lullaby: A Petal with 3 or more ranks in Perform (Sing) can use this song to make enemy creatures drowsier. Any enemy creature within a 20ft-radius that fails a Will save is affected as though by a lullaby spell. Unlike other Sleep Songs, their Lullaby song doesn't use their daily total of songs per day.
- Sleep: A Petal with 3 or more ranks in Perform (Sing) can use this song to put enemy creatures to sleep. Any creature within a 25ft-radius that fails a Will save is affected as though by a sleep spell.
- Calm Emotions: A Petal with 4 HD or higher with 7 or more ranks in Perform (Sing) can use this song to help calm creatures. Any creature within a 30ft-radius that fails a Will save is affected as though by a calm emotions spell.
- Deep Slumber: A Petal with 7 HD or higher with 10 or more ranks in Perform (Sing) can use this song to put even more creatures to sleep. Any creature within a 25ft-radius that fails a Will save is affected as though by a deep slumber spell.
- Enhanced Song: Starting at 10 HD a Petal can choose to use twice its daily song uses per song to make them even stronger, enough so that it can effect even creatures normally immune to Sleep. For creatures that don't sleep (Constructs or Undead) they take a -6 penalty to Dexterity.
- Endless Slumber: A Petal with 13 HD or higher with 16 or more ranks in Perform (Sing) can use this song to put creatures in a deeper sleep. Any creature within a 30ft-radius that fails a Will save is affected as though by a Endless Slumber (Complete Mage; pg 103) spell.
Petal increase their Damage Reduction by +1 at every 4 HD after the first.