New OP! Now with new Geography section (Thanks Ninja for the help) and additions to Magic and Races.
Up next: Organizations and Factions.
Long story short, I'd like to have at least 3 or 4 different major organizations for each city. I've got a few to start it off, which is where you come in.
- University of Aquacor
- Aquacor Navy
- Consortium of Schools - the aventi nations' ruling body: a council of every patriarch or patriarch's chosen representative.
Dekonio: This one can skimp on factions, due to Dekon's preference to limit the amount of conflicting factions within his domain.
- Dekonio Practicum - A "technical school" of magic, and main lab for sigils.
- Sharenia Library - a collection of treatises on every topic imaginable, from spell schools to celestial movements to basic aerodynamics.
- Ominak Laboratories - Producer of constructs and machines of every shape, size, and specification, rumored to take orders from Obsid himself.
- Underground railroad for kobolds wishing to impersonate/replace a nomon, needs a name.
- Kasaito - a sect of terrorists that destroy and deface monuments to Obsid, etching the name of "Fisura" over Obsid's.
- Falconrunners - Pseudo-Traceurs with wingsuits, who pride themselves on taking the quickest path to their destinations, be it by cable, over street, or through the air. Mainly a human discipline, although the younger generation of kiria are starting to see its merits.
- an order of monks who have discovered how to scry solely using winds. Needs a more arabian-esque name.
- Revien Freelancer Guard - a mercenary corps of all shapes, sizes, and magical aptitudes. The superiors have a tendency to group their recruits into six-man teams (i.e. D&D teams - the game I eventually intend to run will start with the players signing up).
- Moon Market - A black market bazaar that springs up every full moon, complete with trail of reflected moonlight. More exotic items are sold here, including the best suits of magic-conducive armor, sold by the Goblins who enchanted them.
Originally Posted by Zap Dynamic
I want to create a world that is full of possibility, and one of the best ways to handle it is by creating a bunch of stories that haven't yet been finished.
In my posts, smilies generally correspond to my expression at the time. As an example,
means "huh?" and "Hmm..". Also, "Landis" is fine.
Originally Posted by ImpSyndrome
I'm stealing the phrase "mental slap" to use on occasion. That's just too awesome.
Current cookie total: 14