Titan in the Playground
Re: Key of Creation OOC Thread
Quick transcript of Q&A session with the mind-controlled Maralith. Any additional questions by players not present can be posed, as I specifically asked about that prior to disposing of the demon (and that demon is probably not going to be back soon... but if she does come back, she'll probably have a little bit of a grudge).
I've removed some OOC comments, and things not related to the interrogation, from the below.
Ornald says "So: To the best of your knowledge, where should the Key be right now?"
* Ilzabet gives planar coordinates for the outer edge of the Outlands, and says she sent most of her forces along with the Key. She didn't trust Karthyx, so she intentionally sent more than she thought necessary, leaving few troops here to aid with the invasion of Gust.
Ornald: "You mentioned earlier that you are able to Plane Shift; How long until you are next able to do so?"
Ilzabet: "Depends on this stupid spell you have on me"
* Ornald says "All right. Assuming we remove it, how long until you are next able to do so? Oh yes, also, don't attempt to escape us."
* Deego2 mentally counts "7 minutes"
* Ornald continues "How many people would you be able to take with you?"
Ilzabet: Up to 8, as per the usual spell limit
* Ornald says "How often do you have access to what abilities of your own?"
Ornald: (Mind if I just look up the entry to answer that one?)
Starscream: Go ahead. Plane Shift isn't a usual ability for mariliths, but this one is a general, so I gave it to her in place of her summoning ability, 3/day
Starscream: She planeshifted her foces there, came back, so she has one more today
* Ornald continues "What all forces did you send with the key to have it destroyed, and what all forces do you expect to already be there to aid with that task?"
Starscream: "Several Glabrezus, Nalfeshnees, and Bebiliths"
* Ornald 'asks' "How many of each?"
Starscream: Then let's say 2 Bebiliths, 3 Glabrezus, 2 Nalfeshnees.
Starscream: And maybe a handfull of little nobodies that won;t shift the encounter level.
* Ornald continues with the interrogation "Other than the Key, do they have any other particular items with them that they might try to use in battle?"
Starscream: "Just their ordinary armaments."
* Ornald continues interrogating her for a time, asking in detail about the capabilities of each creature mentioned (This is mostly just an IC excuse to look them up OOC and prepare spells accordingly, at the moment, as I don't have Knowledge(The Planes) to just know about them). Ornald also asks "So... what are the capabilities that you're aware of for the current merged being that is Karthyx?"
Starscream: "His host was quite powerful, for a mortal. Karthyx himself was a talented spellcaster, and retains those abilities."
Starscream: "Mostly the host is just a big brute, I think. Not very bright."
Ornald: "What type of spellcaster, and what sorts of spells does he favor?"
Starscream: "He is a master of trickery and illusion, as well as destructive spells of all kinds."
Ornald: (Is it OK to put a 'space' in here so that the players not present can ask questions on the forums, even though what I'm going to do next would make her rather permanently unavailable?)
Starscream: Alright. We can do that
* Ornald waits until everyone runs out of questions, then orders the demon "Stay here until the Dimensional Anchor expires. Then, Plane Shift yourself to Hell, slay all devils that you find as quickly as you can. If you run out of devils, seek out more. Repeat as much as you can forever."
* Ilzabet nods.
Of course, by the time I finish this post, it will already be obsolete. C'est la vie.