Welcome back, one and all, to the D&D Monster Heal/Hurt
Behold The Rules:
Keep in mind I forgot to save the rules before the last thread was wiped, so the rules may look different from last time.
- Voting: You may vote once per day, choosing one monster to hurt, and one to heal, as per the custom in these games. A healed monster gains a point; a hurt one loses a point. If either vote is cast for an invalid monster, that part of the vote will not be counted; however, the rest of the vote will be. At the end of the day the votes are totalled up (along with any addition votes (see below)).
- Rampages & Cooldowns: If a monster hits 20 points or more at the end of a round, it enters a Rampage for a day. During the monster's Rampage it cannot be Healed or Hurt. Players will be able to vote for one of two powers during that day, and at the end of the day the most popular power will be applied after the Heal/Hurt votes have been tallied. The day after a monster has a Rampage it enters Cooldown mode for one day; in this state it resets to 15 points and cannot be Healed or Hurt.
- Death: If a monster has 0 or fewer points at the end of the day it will move to the Dead list. On Fridays dead monster have the chance to be revived. If a monster goes two Fridays without being revived, or is killed again after having been revived, it will move to the extinct list for the remainder of the game.
- Mystic Monday: On Mondays players may vote for one monster. At the end of the day the most-voted monster is imbued with Mystical Energies. The monster above the imbued will be Unhurtable for the next day. The monster below will be Unhealable for the next day. In the event of a tie both ranges are applied. If a monster is rendered both Unhealable and Unhurtable by this, the effects cancel out.
- Double Heal/Hurt Tuesday: On Tuesdays players are allowed to Heal 2 monsters and Hurt two monsters instead of one. Players are not allowed to Heal or Hurt the same monster twice using this.
- Random Wednesday: On Wednesdays the Random Stabby Maniac! will appear. Players may vote for a monster to be Protected (in the event of a tie both are Protected). At the end of the day the Maniac! will stab a random unprotected monster for 1d4 damage.
- Raise Dead Friday: On Fridays palyers may vote for a Dead creature to be brought back into the fray (or vote No Raise). Revived creatures start with 10 points, and if they are killed they are automatically placed in the extinct list. A creature that goes two Fridays without being revived also becomes extinct. If there are 5 or more creatures on the Dead list, you may not vote for No Raise.
- Fresh Meat Saturday: On Saturdays I offer a choice between 3 or more options. The most most option results in a certain new monster coming into play with 10 points (in the event of a tie, both new monsters appear).
As soon as there are only 3 monsters remaining we enter Endgame. The remaining competitors reset to 20 points. All of the special days above are cancelled. Monsters will not Rampage.
Smite Sunday comes into play - on Sundays players vote for a monster to be Smited. This monster will lose half of its health after the Heal/Hurt votes have been tallied (damage rounded up, minimum of 5 damage). In the event of a tie both monsters are Smited.
The last monster standing wins. A monster, however, will win automatically if it gets 40 or more points.
Any queries about the rules, PM me.
I will try to update somewhere between 5:00-8:00 PM (GMT) every day. I can't promise that time every day though.
So the number 9, as you might guess by looking at my sig, is one of my favourite numbers. As such, I'm packing this one with creatures I think are just plain cool. Lets get started shall we?
First up we have a construct born of lightning and copper alloy: a Bronze Serpent
A hunter from the darkest plane will delight in causing pain: an Astral Stalker
Everyone likes/hates (delete as appropriate) spiders, right? Especially spiders with organic grappling hooks: it's a Harpoon Spider
Flaming horses are cool (and appropriate given recent pnoy-thread-related shenanigans) - it's a Nightmare
The Metallic Dragons have each had a turn, so this time we're looking at the Gemstone Dragons, like this one Emerald Dragon
Literally the only reccommendation from last time that I took seriously (only joking): they say a Dire Elephant
never forgets...to kill!
Next we have a Silurian. No, sorry, watching too much Doctor Who recently, it's a Sahuagin
Look away before you get stoned...um, anyway a Cockatrice
For the other suggestion I took seriously (told you I was joking) we have an Intellect Devourer
Now for the title to make a bit more sense: a Gelugon
For placing 3rd last round, the Vampire
returns...rereturns...whatever with 15 health instead of 10.
Likewise our runner-up, the Gelatinous Cube
starts with 5 extra as well.
Finally our reigning champion, the Rakshasa
starts on 15 with Hurt immunity for a turn.
Let the games begin!
|Astral Stalker||10||0|| |
|Bronze Serpent||10||0|| |
|Dire Elephant||10||0|| |
|Emerald Dragon||10||0|| |
|Gelatinous Cube||15||0|| |
|Harpoon Spider||10||0|| |
|Intellect Devourer||10||0|| |
|Rakshasa||15||0||Can't be Hurt|
|* Number of Rampages|| || || |
|+ Has Died Once|| || || |
|~ Lost one Raise vote|