Traveled to the Outlands, a place where magic is muted, and the only location where the Key would be vulnerable. Found yourselves in a giant hedge maze inhabited by living construct chess pieces, waging an endless war. After angering the kings, they agreed to settle their contest by seeing which one could kill you.
Fought your way through the maze, battling various pieces, until you reached the exit. There the black and white kings revealed themselves to actually be black and white dragons
, who were using this contest to gamble with the hoards without directly fighting each other.
They attacked, and the black dragon was slain. The white's life was spared in return for the location of the black's hoard and fled.
The chess set: 2000 xp
The dragons: 2400 xp
* Arcane Scroll (Repel Vermin (1000 gp)) (total 1000 gp)
* Greataxe (Small) (+3 weapon) (Sheds light) (18320 gp)
* Heavy Steel Shield (Small) (+3 shield, Sonic Resistance) (27170 gp)
* Ioun Stone (pale lavender ellipsoid) (20000 gp)
* Ring of Blinking (27000 gp)
* Wand of Knock (50 of 50 charges)
* Wand of Magic Missile (9th) (34 of 50 charges) (4590 gp)
* Winged Boots (16000 gp)
* 4189 platinum pieces
* Bronze Font set with Violet Garnet (6000 gp)
* Gilded Wooden Pedestal (5000 gp)
* Rosewood Amphora inlaid with Gold (6000 gp)
Regarding the schedule:
Okay, I've done my best to illustrate the situation. Please let me know if I've made any mistakes.
Basically it looks like we've got a problem here. There is no one time period that everyone can agree upon.
At least, not without some complications.
*Galliard said he starts his raids at 6 PM Pacific
, weekends. That's 9 pm Eastern.
* Magotter said he works until 5 or 6 pm on those days (I'm assuming Eastern, please correct me if I'm wrong).
* Null is likewise available at 6 on Sundays, and Saturdays any time.
* Jack is available Saturdays, and needs to sleep by 10 pm Sundays, which is after Galliard would need to quit anyway.
* I personally am available all day Saturday, and while I do need to get to bed on Sunday Night, I usually don't do so until 11 my time (midnight EST).
That leaves 3-4 hours on both Saturdays and Sundays. Maybe we can fit the games in those times? Does anyone have any preference as to Saturday or Sunday? Or perhaps play on Saturday, and then if we leave things unfinished do an hour or two Sunday?
If worse comes to worse and we can't find any compromise, I suppose we could convert this campaign to a PBP one and everyone can just post whenever. That's a bit of a last ditch scenario, of course, since it would make mapping difficult, and I personally find "live" play more fun.
I certainly don't want to lose anyone if I can help it. We're sort of in the home stretch of this campaign, so adding new players would be difficult. Too much background they'd need to learn by this point.