Firbolg in the Playground
Join Date: Jul 2009
The Return of the Scarlet Empress OOC
This is the OOC thread for Return of the Scarlet Empress. Any questions or comments or OOC discussion is to be held here.
“He walked out in the gray light and stood and he saw for a brief moment the absolute truth of the world. The cold relentless circling of the intestate earth. Darkness implacable. The blind dogs of the sun in their running. The crushing black vacuum of the universe. And somewhere two hunted animals trembling like ground-foxes in their cover. Borrowed time and borrowed world and borrowed eyes with which to sorrow it.” - Cormac McCarthy
The Realm is on the brink of civil war. The Regent is an ineffectual man incapable of doing more than furious self-gratification. The endless games of intrigue and chance that have been the bread and butter of the Great Houses have escalated as the prize turns from primus inter pares to the Scarlet Throne itself. The Anathema emerge in greater numbers than ever before, the Shadowlands grow larger every day, and the Fae have not been this bold since the Realm was crafted. And we stand idle while all this occurs, too secure and too split between multiple loyalties to band together and focus on what is important.
This cannot stand. This cannot be how this Realm ends, clawing at its own throat while the wolves circle in. It is they who seek to bring our end. It is they who strike at the fabric of our morality. It is they who are responsible for this decay that we see all around us, and do nothing regardless.
I have walked this land for far too long to let it slide into moral decay.
Therefore, by the power vested in me by the Immaculate Dragons, by the purity of my faith, by righteousness of my cause, I, Castus Alcibiades, do hereby decree this new permanent Wyld Hunt- The Cleansing! - Speech by Castus Alcibiades, Prefect of the Immaculate Order, given before the Deliberative, RY 790
A Realm on the brink of civil war.
A demagogue attempting to unite it against a thinly scattered foe.
And all the while, the Lady and the Lowest prepare for the end.
industrious presents: The Return of the Scarlet Empress.
Welcome to my rendition of the Return of the Scarlet Empress. This game will begin shortly before her return proper, and will end when Creation is irrevocably changed in one way or another.
We will begin with a renewed Wyld Hunt, the last ditch effort of a demagogue to keep the Realm from falling into Civil War. Players who wish to play Terrestrials must begin as members of said Hunt; Sidereals are free to choose between Gold and Bronze factions, at least initially; those that decide to begin Bronze will join the Hunt under assumed destinies. For obvious reasons, other Celestial Exalts cannot be members of the Wyld Hunt.
List of Important NPCs (with some relevant information):
- Grass Lightning - mortal widow of the commander of the Fort Waypoint. Has a bad leg. Doesn't like Anathema. Or Exalts in general. Survivor of Thorns. Motivation: Live a normal life in defiance of the designs of deathknights.
- Mnemon-Caras Pell - Earth Aspected Terrestrial, sorcerous prodigy and Heptagram graduate. Part of the Cleansing, and apparently, a fanatic. Knows Flying Guillotine. Motivation: Currently Unknown
Sesus Meru - Fire Aspected Terrestrial, "good with camp work." Part of the Cleansing and a fanatic. Killed in action. Motivation: Kill the Anathema.
- Matsui - Water Aspected Terrestrial, Master of the Even Blade Style, and mother figure to Rose. Very protective of Rose. Apparently once a Dynast, but "was an embarrassment." Motivation: Currently unknown.
- Unknown Necromancer
- Shattered Mirror - Abyssal Exalt. Necrotechnology master. Sorcerer. Kind-hearted. Assigned to a death squad against Penumbra. Motivation: Currently Unknown
- Emerald Stormwrack - According to Child, a "hanger-on" of a Sidereal. Has a unique writing style. Gold Faction. Motivation: Unknown
- Symphony of Chimes - Penumbra's Lunar mate. Arrogant, ruthless manipulator. Penumbra took his Manse. Spirit form of a badger. Motivation: Unknown
- Forsaken Starfall - Chosen of Serenity and colleague/friendly rival of Child. Gold Faction, and apparently a member of the Cult of the Illuminated. Very, very attractive. Motivation: Unknown
- Burning Waters - Some sort of supernatural being.
Apparently wants to obstruct trade in Nexus. More clever than he appears. Motivation: Unknown. Something to do with the poor.
- Stunting: Roll Three Sunt Dice after every post roll. I will tell you it's value in my next post. Stunts less than three will have dice chosen left to right.
- Experience: Roughly speaking, every other time we go to a new page, consider that "a session;" If posts are shorter, it will take longer; longer, and it will take shorter. Not really much to say about that.
- If you have to leave for something or other, I'd appreciate advance notice, so that other players aren't left hanging.
- Tone: The campaign isn't supposed to be silly, but it need not be grimdark, either. It's supposed to be epic, and even epics have moments of lightheartedness and comic relief. Sometimes, everyone needs a breather.
Last edited by industrious : 11-06-2012 at 09:26 PM.