Titan in the Playground
Join Date: Aug 2009
World's End(Recruiting standby slots only)
Hello, and welcome to World's End, the last stop for civilization. Beyond these walls, only wilderness exists. Have a peek out over the walls, perhaps even catch a glance of those crazed adventurers we see passing through from time to time, and stay at our comfortable inns before heading back to the city!
Oh, what's that you say? You're an adventurer? Don't hurt me! I didn't mean to call you people crazy. What did I mean, you people? Well, yknow...just...that you're violent, crazy hobos, no offense. No right-thinking people would head out there, into the wilderness. Monsters everywhere, there is. Oh sure, there's gold out there, but what good is gold to a dead man?
Similar to West Marshes, this is a town on the edge of the world. The town is safe, generally speaking. Excellent defenses and law enforcement due to being on the border for a great society. Really though, it's just a sleepy little town. Past the gates, everything's a free-for-all. Each PC can go at it alone, form into parties, or basically do whatever they want. Time differences will be mostly handwaved. Players may have multiple PCs, but may only have one active PC at a time(to ease my workload). There is no (player visible) map, and the town has a relatively low amount of magic/etc available(though players are free to change that). Additionally, heading back to society at large is considered retirement for chars(also, I can't reasonably simulate an entire world the way I can simulate one area in detail), and be aware that as it's one giant sandbox, the state in which you leave things may affect future chars, including your own.
One word of warning: Occasionally, I'll get busy, and be unable to post for about a week. I'll try to give due warning of this, but sometimes it just happens. The next expected episode of this is, of course, gencon.
1. What game system are you running (D&D, Call of Cthulu, Palladium, GURPS, etc.), and if applicable what edition (Original, Classic, Revised, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 10th, etc.)? D&D 3.5
2. What 'type' or variant of game will it be (i.e. "Shadow Chasers" or "Agents of Psi" for d20 Modern)? What is the setting for the game (eg. historic period, published or homebrewed campaign setting, alternate reality, modern world, etc.)? Entirely sandbox. Home-brewed campaign setting, with a lack of emphasis on party.
3. How many Players are you looking for? Will you be taking alternates, and if so, how many? I'm going to start with exactly six players. I may add more later, and of course, if players drop out, more from the alternate roster can join in, first come, first served.
4. What's the gaming medium (OOTS, chat, e-mail etc.)? OOTS
5. What is the characters' starting status (i.e. experience level)? Level 1, 0 xp.
6. How much gold or other starting funds will the characters begin with?
Standard starting wealth(rolled)
7. Are there any particular character classes, professions, orders, etc. that you want... or do not want? What are your rules on 'prestige' and/or homebrewed classes?
The following classes are outright banned: Tainted Scholar, Beholder Mage, Illithid Savant. Setting specific classes/prcs are by approval only, and non-specific classes/prcs are otherwise all allowed.
8. What races, subraces, species, etc. are allowed for your game? Will you allow homebrewed races or species? 'Prestige' races or species?
You may initially start with any of the phb races, book standard. You may start chars with different races after you discover those races in the world. Homebrew from outside sources is not used, though you are welcome to use the couple classes I've made.
9. By what method should Players generate their attributes/ability scores and Hit Points?
35 point buy. Max hp for first level.
10. Does your game use alignment? What are your restrictions, if so?
Alignment is not emphasized, but is used(almost wholly for spell mechanics, etc). There are no restrictions, but acting like a different alignment for a while will result in a rule change. Unless your actions are particularly drastic, you will be given at least one heads-up before the change.
11. Do you allow multi-classing, or have any particular rules in regards to it?
Multi-class at will.
12. Will you be doing all of the die rolling during the course of the game? Will die rolls be altered, or left to the honor system? If players can make die rolls, which ones do they make, how should they make the rolls, and how should they report them?
Die rolls are on the forums. No need to change any, just post again if more rolls are required. You do your chars rolls, I'll do the mobs.
13. Are there any homebrewed or optional/variant rules that your Players should know about? If so, list and explain them, or provide relevant links to learn about these new rules.
There are no multiclass penalties. In addition, any infinite/NI combo will simply fail to work. There are some unusual setting details, please investigate the list for details.
14. Is a character background required? If so, how big? Are you looking for anything in particular (i.e. the backgrounds all ending up with the characters in the same city)?
Not in the slightest.
15. Does your game involve a lot of hack & slash, puzzle solving, roleplaying, or a combination of the above?
It's an independent game, entirely sandbox like, so it focuses on whatever you seek out.
16. Are your Players restricted to particular rulebooks and supplements, or will you be allowing access to non-standard material? What sources can Players use for their characters?
1st party, non setting specific stuff is fair game for 3.5. Ask about setting material, or any material you have concerns about.
In-Char thread(once your char has been approved): World's End
OOC Thread: World's End OOC
The Great list of Characters:
Approved, Active Chars:
Approved, Inactive Chars(ie, alts):
Chars Approved, awaiting an open slot:
Chars Awaiting Approval:
Back from a lengthy vacation from Giantitp. I've been dabbling with 3d printer technology and game design, PM if you're curious.
"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimization."
New: Tyndmyr has a game shop!
Last edited by Tyndmyr : 09-04-2012 at 07:28 AM.