Re: [Dark Dungeons -- BECMI Retroclone]In Search of Adventure OOC
1. Post FrequencyI would like everyone to post at least once a day. However, life being what it is I understand that is not always possible. I do insist on a 24-hour turn-around once combat begins. If I do not hear from you in that timeframe action will continue with the PC simply not taking an action, or taking an appropriate basic action. Since I am making all the rolls I have the ability to roll out multiple rounds, if situations permit. Therefore, it is nice if you can provide me with a couple rounds of actions in a spoiler when possible.
If I do not hear from a player in a signiifcant period of time the PC will become Lost in the Dark (tm). Essentiall, the PC will have wandered off, to return when and if the player does.
2. Style I would like each post IC to be headed by the character's name, any sobriequet and class in bold. Gawain the Bold, Fighter, for example. We will not be using colored text to denote speech. I would like PC speech to be denoted with quotation marks: Gawain says, "Fare thee well, princess". I do not want to see text-speak, smilies, or emoticons in IC text. If you must do so, keep it behind spoilers. In addition, small amounts of OOC speak can be put behind spoilers; large amounts of out of character text should be put in this thread.
Please refer to your character IC in the third person: "James stares down the belligerent goblin"
3. Tell me what you want. I work on the majority rules system. As soon as a majority of players are in agreement as to what to do I will go ahead and post IC without waiting for stragglers. This works best if one or more characters puts forth a definite plan of action, which is then voted on. This can be done IC or OOC. Please, please, please do not post things like "I'm cool with what everyone wants to do." My basic assumption is that everyone is cool with that, so there is no need to say it. Please, if you are going to post do so with authority.
4. Intentions, not actions. It is my job to fill in the descriptions. Give me intentions please, not definite actions. For instance, in a game I am running now some characters have the habit of saying "Bob walks down the hallway, opens the door, and goes into the room." I would much prefer this: "Bob walks down the hallway and listens at the door. If he hears nothing, he will attempt to open it, alert for any danger." This way, when the door is locked, the player doesn't have to go back and change the post where they say they open the door. Likewise, if you give intentions in combat: "Bob attacks the orc he is facing." and adds in spoilers "if the orc falls he moves onto the next". I can potentially roll out multiple rounds at once.
5. Keep that wiki updated.I use the wiki to run combat, so please keep it current. I also use it to check for equipment. If it is not listed on your sheet the character does not have it!
Most importantly, let's have fun and keep this think going for a while!