Bugbear in the Playground
Join Date: May 2009
Re: Total War: Steampunk Skies
Posting interest, I'll play a evil militaristic nation for sure!
Name of your Nation:
Culture, People, Etc:
Leader, Name and Description:
Two other VIPS:
A totalitarian empire born from an ideology, the Boazan empire is a young militaristic one.
When Nature decided that the land was hers to retake people flocked to the few sky cities available, of course there wasn't room for everyone, actually for just a fraction.... and blood ran in rivers.
From this blood an empire emerged, and a bloody empire indeed! United together into the cult of a single man, John Boazan the Holy One, the Boazans soared into the sky with Boazan Prime... ready to take what is theirs by right.
For two hundred years thousands died in the wake of the Boazanians and even more were enslaved, a destiny much worse than death.
As war raged around the world the Boazan imposed their superior combat skill on many nations, until some weakling came with the idea of the Concordiat.
The Boazans snarled at it, as it denies them their right to take what they want from lesser nations but they could not face a world coalition alone so they had to sign and accept it.
And so a hundred years passed, like a lion in the cage the Boazan Empire refined their skills and "tools of the trade" waiting for the chance to strike again...
NOW that time seem near, very near... the Concordiat will not bind the wrath of Boazan anymore!
Name of your two cities:
Beren Istvan, heir of the King, Prince of Boazan, First of HIS generals:
Beren is the carbon copy image of his father, only 150 years younger.
A bloodthirsty man, he often leads from the front and puts his life in danger recklessly for the sake of glory. He accepts no defying, tolerates no aggravation and is quick to anger. A very dangerous individual and probably the best warrior the world currently knows.
He is in charge of the military force: training, building and of course leading into battle.
Beren stands almost 6' 7'' at 280 lbs
Anna Istvan, minor sister of Beren, HIS second in command:
People (carefully) say that the queen put into Anna's brains all the reason that didn't made it into Beren's one. She is cunning, very intelligent and evil as much and more than her older brother.
She usually stays at the palace to help her father into administration and acts as ambassador when required.
The relationship with her brother is very strong, and they spend a lot of free time together.
1) Military: Very High
- Navy: Very High --> All major industrial production is geared towards airships and weapons.
Their navy is very vast and flexible: from small and fast recon vessels to slow heavy battleships with the largest cannons in existence.
- Army: Very High --> every Boazanian is a warrior from birth, because not being able to fend for yourself will ultimately make you a slave of someone else. They mantain huge ground companies with an elitary training integrated with high numbers of bio-golems, clockwork drones, abhuman warriors etc.
- Defense: Medium --> Fortification isn't their best skill, they prefer to rely on their professional ground armies to stall the enemy until the fleet arrives to dispatch the attackers.
2) Spyworks: Very Low --> Boazanians are blunt, not subtle and spying is seen as stuff for the weak races. Information is usually bought or browbeaten from external sources.
3) Economy: Medium --> Boazanians are better at taking than creating, their building and repairing skills are not exceptional.
- Wealth: Very Low --> Boazanians do not hoard gold, they hoard items of war. Usually money is stored for little dealings with other races like hiring a spy or buying something they cannot take by force (yet).
Their only external revenue is from spoils of war they do not want and mercenary companies sponsored by the King. They are VERY expensive but have turned more than one battle alone.
Selling weapons or blueprints to other nations carries a mandatory death penalty which could include your family as well
4) Innovation: High --> All their research efforts are directed towards mantaining absolute military superiority.
Civic innovation is slow and usually happens as a "side application" of what is discovered for military purposes or retrofitted from seized enemy assets.
5) Reputation: Terrifying! --> A sea of ships with thundering cannons, biological weapons, dark magic say some and countless unbreakable warriors.
Lose to them and you either die or "zombified" into servitude.
Dealing with them is only possibile if you have a reasonable force at your back, otherwise you better bend your knee, or you'll lose it.
6) Morale: Medium --> While The Workers caste has no measurable loyalty or morale as it is composed only by machines or brainwashed people, the Istvan family hangs on a dangerous balance.
A true King is supposed to never fail: there may be setbacks, small losses, little problems... in the end the King and those whom he leads MUST prevail.
If this happens too slowly or major battles are lost the faith of the Warrior caste gets shaken as a result... and they aren't known for tolerating losers.
"We take what we need" "Violence solves everything"
Date: Unknown future, approximately 1 week after the Concordiat gets broken.
"IN THE NAME OF THE KING!! KILL THEM ALL!" screamed Beren into the comm-link as his steam assault craft landed on the floating city of Ehb.
A collective roar followed as thousands of similar ships landed in different points of the city.
The Otoria fleet was reeling and the sky belonged to Boazan now. Ground invasion of the city was a piece of cake.
"Beloved brother, we should contain loss of cattle... Otoria workers are renowed for their masonry skills" said a suadent female voice.
"They refused MY demands, they dare DEFY my father's authority to take what he wants! I shall show no mercy, sister."
The whole environment was dark, between the black exhaust fumes and the number of ships it seemed the Sun itself had escaped from the wrath of the Boazan empire and abandoned the poor city-nation of Otoria to annihilation.
"Sir, Crow I here! Bio-golem platoon two and three have destroyed the anti air capabilities of the enemy and are pushing through, platoon one and four are delayed by enemy troops leaded by the enemy prince himself. The men say he is impervious to small arms fire."
"The prince?? Hold on I'm coming, I will slaughter him personally!" said Beren loudly
"Just send clockwork drones at him and be done with that brother, our target is the seat of government." suggested Anna
"Clockwork my $%$%, I shall have his head on my blade. Lead the ships towards the palace Anna" answered the prince
Anna sighed and closed communications, it was foolish to argue with his brother now and besides he was the commander in charge, not her.
Few minutes later the siege ships were into position, shattering the external walls of the citadel with steam powered railguns and shells the size of a train wagon.
"Madam, our enemy stopped firing and is broadcasting surrender pleads on all frequencies, field reports say that our Prince is marching towards the palace with the head of an enemy on his sword"
"Keep pounding the walls until they fall, then shower the inside with bioshock shells. I want nothing alive in their command center." said the woman leaving the room.
One more city, one more conquest. Glory to the King!
Last edited by Killerloop : 09-06-2012 at 07:21 AM.