I have compiled some possible systems. If you have any you would like to add to the list, please say so, and tell me why they are awesome.
Storytelling System (NWoD)
- Simple and easy.
- Very well-crafted core mechanic that helps to tell stories.
- Character creation could lend itself well to the game's concept.
- The concept feels like something from the World of Darkness, and could perhaps be loosely worked in.
- Would be harder to adapt, since there is no generic system book.
- Would need to be adjusted to work with animate stuffed bears.
- Dynamic, relatively easy rules.
- Generic system book would help to make the process easy.
- Flexible character creation.
Adjusted d20 System
- The core stats may need to be adjusted.
- Use of the system would mean that the game would almost require miniatures.
- Widely known.
- System is open.
- The rules can be rather clunky.
- Feels bloated.