March 16th, 2089 - CEO of Solar, Eduard Sommer, and his family found dead, company griefs loss
The CEO of Solar, the world's greatest supplier of solar energy, has been found dead along with his closest relatives at his vacation home in Switzerland which had been buried under a snow avalanche. After a six hour rescue operation, the home was finally reached under the snow, but it was already too late for the Sommer family. As they have owned and led the family company from 2014, this is a major hit for the company who is now bereft of leadership. Condolences from the company has been given to far relatives, but they have been difficult to find. Already, higher management is trying to deal with the situation, but word is that it is tough going. Everybody at the company is sad at the loss, as the Sommer family has been widely known for their benevolence and fair leadership through the company, praised for their innovation and investment in the field of sustainable solar energy. With their vision, this field has taken huge leaps, such as the large solar arrays that have been placed in space to absorb the sun's energy after which that energy is sent to Earth's surface. A sad time for humanity, as this comes in addition to the news of the death of other world leaders. How long will this continue?
What follows is an old news article from Solar's internal magazine, faded in certain places.
Septe..er 2..h, 20.. - Solar's presen.. in Europe sever.. ...inished, Marked attac.. ..ntinue
The Marked attack conti.... .......out the European continent. Our company has been hit severely by the Marked attack and it has been difficult to deal with the situation after the devastation brought upon the Headquarters in Germany. Closed .......... .... .eployed advanced weap.... ... ..sses continue to accrue. With the disarray in Europe, leadership has been transferred to a Eurasian division, which has immediately placed more responsib...... ... ..ivileges in the hands of local divisions as a local strategy to deal with the local problems is of the essence. As Solar has capital and means, the company has found locations where we are able to survive where even local governments fall, especially in Africa, the Middle East and Asia, though Euro.. the rest is too faded to read
December 1st, 2090 - Township's engines still on schedule: nearing completion
The Solar's Township construction at the Asian Spaceport continues as scheduled. Predicted is that on January the 1st of 2091 it will be possible to take off as the engines finish completion, but Solar has already stated that this is only the case if they must. Until then, construction will continue on the Solar's Township to improve it as is seen fit.
Solar, a company which once spanned the globe, providing state of the art solar energy, managed to stave off the Marked assault on several locations, but nobody knows for how long those remain, as communications run ever fewer and give worse messages as time passes. At several locations Solar managed to put advanced laser weaponry in production, but even these falter under the greater Marked numbers. Several of these weapons protect the Asian spaceport, but nobody is sure how long it can be held against the rampage brought on by the Marked. What is known is that the number of refugees continues to increase.
The men and women arming these weapons fight not just to protect their own, but with a zeal to revenge their fallen colleagues. Hate for the Marked runs deep, and what was once a company built on the foundation of an idealistic future powered by solar energy has now transformed in a company seeking to survive.
And that's the start of my faction's description! Will add more and detail out unit leaders and freebies later, but just want to point out for technologies I am looking at advanced solar energy technology and for one of my freebies I will want a space facility: one of the aforementioned solar arrays in space collecting energy and broadcasting it. The rest of the arrays is assumed to have been lost contact with or no longer operational. For at least another one of my freebies I will want laser weapons, just not sure yet in what form.
The roots of the leader trace back to the roots of the company, as Li Kuhn's grandfather came from the Germany division of Solar to lead the Chinese division. His grandfather was married to a Chinese woman, a union which symbolised the cooperation between West and East well and this is still visible in Li Kuhn's appearance.
Known as a good and inspirational company leader, the calamity has still had an effect on Li Kuhn, as it has on the company and its employees. The company considers its employees not merely as such, but as family members, and with the Marked's assaults, Li Kuhn has lost a lot of people under him as well as around him. This has hardened and steeled him, which has allowed him to pick up the banner to fight against the Marked. While he still holds the ideals of Solar close to his heart, these are currently less important than the desire to survive and make the Marked pay.
Survive the onslaught and save as many of the company as possible. Retreat and build up Solar's power in honour of the mighty corporation it was. Pay the Marked's ingression back in blood as revenge for the fallen company and the murdered colleagues. Use the power of the Sun to fuel this vengeance.
Ray of Judgement
Pinyin Name: Shèxiàn de Pànjué
Additional Starting Technologies
|Li Kuhn and his personnel still show the core business of Solar, as they are the surviving elite of constructors and the researchers in the region of the company. As Li Kuhn had to oversee deals with all kinds of companies in regards to energy supply, he is well versed in negotiation. These people have been with Solar the longest and are the most loyal. Because of this, the grievances with the Marked have become personal and they have had some training in close combat fighting, though most of their power comes from ferocity over skill.|
|Employees skilled at working with the Beam Tanks. Many of the Solar employees come from the region where Beam Tanks were constructed and besides construction skill have had formal combat training specialising on vehicle combat. The forced combat experience with the Marked has only made them more skilled with the assault vehicles. Led by the Japanese Aki Takishida, a Beam Tank specialist operator, he had a brother who was a formidable Laser researcher, but was killed by the Marked. Having been forced to leave Japan's Solar location with the malady there, he now leads his group with a firm and just hand, showing no mercy to the Marked.|
|Electrical engineers well educated in the field of engineering and construction. However, due to difficulties the world has faced, these Solar employees have similarly been forced into combat. Under the Beam Unit's instructions and the simple need of having to learn to survive, they have gained the skills necessary to use Beam Tanks as well. Jawna Fazil leads these engineers, but she holds fond memories back to her roots in the Middle East, where her task was to oversee the construction and maintenance of solar panels in the desert.|
- Basic Solar Energy - Provides access to Basic Solar Panels. This exterior module produces 150 energy. It takes up 1 space, but up to 10 panels may be mounted on a single location.
- Improved Solar Energy - Provides access to Improved Solar Panels. Produces 225 energy, otherwise acts as the basics.
- Advanced Solar Energy - Provides access to Advanced Solar Panels. Produces 300 energy, otherwise acts as the basics.
- Basic Energy Management - Provides access to Basic Capacitors, which can store 1000 energy each.
- Basic Infantry Lasers. This tech, much like any other infantry or vehicle weapon, require a factory to produce (in this case a Basic Laser Factory). This production factory can support up to 250 population and produces 1 Laser weapon (infantry or vehicle sized, depending on what techs you have) per population inside.
- Basic Vehicle Lasers. See above.
- Space Solar Array - A large solar array in space which is capable of transmitting its gathered energy to the Earth's surface or, with new instructions, to the Ray of Judgement. Starts with 1 full set of
Basic Advanced Solar Panels and an Energy Transmitter that can transmit as much energy as it produces at a range of 1m km.
- Upgrade Space Solar Array Panels twice from Basic, to Improved, to Advanced Panels
- Laser Rifles
- Beam Tanks - Heavy Tanks with high-tech Laser Cannons. These were developed in High Tech Solar Laboratories and constructed at various sites usually located quite a distance from cities. While Laser technology has been a part of the company, the reason to fund such combat orientated vehicles has been lost in the assaults. Did Solar manage to get them up and running because of the Marked in such a short time or were there other reasons? Those who could tell you are no longer amongst the living. Fact remains that these Heavy Tanks are armed with destructive Laser weaponry capable of obliterating numerous foes with ease.
- Beam Tanks - Heavy Tanks with high-tech Laser Cannons