Bugbear in the Playground
Join Date: Mar 2011
[3.PF] Game in OotS-like setting
So this has been an idea that I have sort of been wanting to implement for a while: playing a game of Pathfinder in a setting similar to that of OotS (I.E. the characters are aware of all of the various gaming terms and abstractions). This could be in either a setting identical to that of OotS, or just a similar one.
I'd like to start at a mid-range level, but could start at either a high level or a low level.
I'd like to play a Bard specializing in Enchantments, but may alter this idea depending on the specifics of the setting.
So is there anyone who would want to DM this? And there need to be other players, clearly.
EDIT: Big 16
1. What game system are you running (D&D, Call of Cthulu, Palladium, GURPS, etc.), and if applicable what edition (Original, Classic, Revised, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 10th, etc.)?
2. What 'type' or variant of game will it be (i.e. "Shadow Chasers" or "Agents of Psi" for d20 Modern)? What is the setting for the game (eg. historic period, published or homebrewed campaign setting, alternate reality, modern world, etc.)?
A stereotypical Heroic Fantasy setting in which the inhabitants understand the rules by which they are governed. 20% of people have PC classes.
3. How many Players are you looking for? Will you be taking alternates, and if so, how many?
As many as people want, but I'll have groups of five.
4. What's the gaming medium (OOTS, chat, e-mail etc.)?
5. What is the characters' starting status (i.e. experience level)?
Level 1, 0 xp
6. How much gold or other starting funds will the characters begin with?
Standard for their class, rolled in the thread
7. Are there any particular character classes, professions, orders, etc. that you want... or do not want? What are your rules on 'prestige' and/or homebrewed classes?
No homebrew, ever.
8. What races, subraces, species, etc. are allowed for your game? Will you allow homebrewed races or species? 'Prestige' races or species?
All core races, anything on the SRD.
9. By what method should Players generate their attributes/ability scores and Hit Points?
4d6b3 for ability scores, roll hp as normal for class.
10. Does your game use alignment? What are your restrictions, if so?
No restrictions on alignment. People do understand alignment, tho.
11. Do you allow multi-classing, or have any particular rules in regards to it?
12. Will you be doing all of the die rolling during the course of the game? Will die rolls be altered, or left to the honor system? If players can make die rolls, which ones do they make, how should they make the rolls, and how should they report them?
All die rolls on the thread.
13. Are there any homebrewed or optional/variant rules that your Players should know about? If so, list and explain them, or provide relevant links to learn about these new rules.
14. Is a character background required? If so, how big? Are you looking for anything in particular (i.e. the backgrounds all ending up with the characters in the same city)?
15. Does your game involve a lot of hack & slash, puzzle solving, roleplaying, or a combination of the above?
70% Hack & Slash + 30% Roleplaying
16. Are your Players restricted to particular rulebooks and supplements, or will you be allowing access to non-standard material? What sources can Players use for their characters?
Last edited by sournote103 : 09-27-2012 at 04:24 PM.