Ogre in the Playground
Join Date: Mar 2011
Voices in Your Head[Closed to New Interest]
Come guys, its been three days and I know for a fact that I not the only one who was suffering serious withdrawal. So, the best way of satisfying the craving for Giantitp is a new PF/3.5 game. So, I'm not set on anything in specific, I just wanna play. Good roleplay would be awesome though.
So, what I need is a GM/DM and some fellow addicts to get this thing going.
THEChanger is the DM. Here is what was posted.
Originally Posted by THEChanger
What a coincidence....
The Silver Hellstar
You have been summoned to Lord Gallow's manor on a matter of important business. The group of you are among the most talented in your field in the small town of Greengrass. There's been a lot of odd things happening in your home as of late. Animals have become aggitated, more aggressive. The night feels colder, darker. And you've heard rumors about strange things falling from the sky all over the world. Meteors, some have called them.
Of course, such rumors are a bit beyond your sphere of interest. Lord Gallow seldom calls upon the citizens of Greengrass, and if he wishes to see you, it means there is something the knights of the Gallow province cannot handle.
Perhaps the neighboring province of Emarston has been troubling folks again. Greengrass has always been contested territory, since the two provinces had been founded by feuding twins. The knights of Gallow can't make any move against Emarston on their own, as it would reignite the age old conflict.
But, you'll find out the reason Lord Gallow called you here soon enough, as the group of you is welcomed into his study...
The characters would be natives of the province of Gallow, in your standard fantasy world. Elves, Orcs, Wizards of immense power, the whole shebang. You've been summoned to the town of Greengrass to undertake some work for your local lord, which is something unusual in and of itself. Usually, the captain of Gallow's order of knights, Sir Gemry, would handle anything of great importance. Eventually, the party will find the roots of a cosmic disturbance of world-shattering importance. After all, when the sky begins to glow, and devils walk the earth once more, then man shall turn on man, and the Silver Hellstar shall curse the sky once more.
The system would be D&D 3.5. We would start at 3rd level, and if all goes according to plan...end at level 30.
Ambitious, I know, but I'm nothing if not ambitious.
There would be one caveat, however. For reasons connected to the campaign, Divine Casters would be a bad idea to play. I don't want to give everything away, but it's a really bad idea. You would not be happy.
Classic, Revised, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 10th, etc.)?[/b]
2. What 'type' or variant of game will it be (i.e. "Shadow Chasers" or "Agents of Psi" for d20 Modern)? What is the setting for the game (eg. historic period, published or homebrewed campaign setting, alternate reality, modern world, etc.)? D&D 3.5
3. How many Players are you looking for? Will you be taking alternates, and if so, how many? Let's go with six for now.
4. What's the gaming medium (OOTS, chat, e-mail etc.)? These here forums.
5. What is the characters' starting status (i.e. experience level)? 3rd level.
6. How much gold or other starting funds will the characters begin with? Wealth by Level
7. Are there any particular character classes, professions, orders, etc. that you want... or do not want? What are your rules on 'prestige' and/or homebrewed classes? As stated above, Divine Casters will not be happy. Other than that, just let me know what you're using. Homebrew will be approved on a case by case basis.
8. What races, subraces, species, etc. are allowed for your game? Will you allow homebrewed races or species? 'Prestige' races or species? See above. LA buy-off is not allowed, and no race used should be more than LA +1. If you have a really, really, REALLY good reason why you should be able to use a higher LA, I might consider it.
9. By what method should Players generate their attributes/ability scores and Hit Points? Roll two sets of 5d6b3, seven times. Drop the lowest, take what set you want.
10. Does your game use alignment? What are your restrictions, if so?Don't be stupid about it. Be able to work together. That's all.
11. Do you allow multi-classing, or have any particular rules in regards to it? Multi-class penalty? What madness do you speak of?
12. Will you be doing all of the die rolling during the course of the game? Will die rolls be altered, or left to the honor system? If players can make die rolls, which ones do they make, how should they make the rolls, and how should they report them? You make your rolls, I'll make mine. Some will be secret, some won't.
13. Are there any homebrewed or optional/variant rules that your Players should know about? If so, list and explain them, or provide relevant links to learn about these new rules. No other rules, though I am open to suggestions.
14. Is a character background required? If so, how big? Are you looking for anything in particular (i.e. the backgrounds all ending up with the characters in the same city)? I believe there is a skirt analogy floating about the boards somewhere...
15. Does your game involve a lot of hack & slash, puzzle solving, roleplaying, or a combination of the above? Mostly Roleplay and Hack&Slash, with the possibility of puzzles.
16. Are your Players restricted to particular rulebooks and supplements, or will you be allowing access to non-standard material? What sources can Players use for their characters? Like I said, Divine isn't going to be happy. But you can use anything you run by me first.
Character Sheets Due Today!
Originally Posted by EvilMageTim
So I decide to take a break for one day and the party is already trying to kill each other...AND Sam's not even involved? I'm confused
Last edited by Sparrow : 10-17-2012 at 02:26 PM.