Barbarian in the Playground
Join Date: Oct 2012
Re: Game of the Evils [Recuiting Players and a GM]
Well that is the thing I am a long time GM I have been GMing since I was 14, 22 now. I started with AD&D and know what I am doing. But with PBP I am kind of at a loss. But here is your sweet 16
1. What game system are you running (D&D, Call of Cthulu, Palladium, GURPS, etc.), and if applicable what edition (Original, Classic, Revised, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 10th, etc.)?
2. What 'type' or variant of game will it be (i.e. "Shadow Chasers" or "Agents of Psi" for d20 Modern)? What is the setting for the game (eg. historic period, published or homebrewed campaign setting, alternate reality, modern world, etc.)?
3. How many Players are you looking for? Will you be taking alternates, and if so, how many?
4. What's the gaming medium (OOTS, chat, e-mail etc.)?
5. What is the characters' starting status (i.e. experience level)?
6. How much gold or other starting funds will the characters begin with?
7. Are there any particular character classes, professions, orders, etc. that you want... or do not want? What are your rules on 'prestige' and/or homebrewed classes?
Run home brew by me.
8. What races, subraces, species, etc. are allowed for your game? Will you allow homebrewed races or species? 'Prestige' races or species?
Once again run homebrew by me
9. By what method should Players generate their attributes/ability scores and Hit Points?
10. Does your game use alignment? What are your restrictions, if so?
11. Do you allow multi-classing, or have any particular rules in regards to it?
No XP penalties.
12. Will you be doing all of the die rolling during the course of the game? Will die rolls be altered, or left to the honor system? If players can make die rolls, which ones do they make, how should they make the rolls, and how should they report them?
Players will be make their own rolls. I might do some rolls for players (EX. Saving throws, spot, listen. Things of that nature.)
13. Are there any homebrewed or optional/variant rules that your Players should know about? If so, list and explain them, or provide relevant links to learn about these new rules.
You can drop one ability score to 8 and raise one to 20. 2 Flaws/traits max. LA buyoff
14. Is a character background required? If so, how big? Are you looking for anything in particular (i.e. the backgrounds all ending up with the characters in the same city)?
Background required, does not have to be a mid term but more than a few sentences.
15. Does your game involve a lot of hack & slash, puzzle solving, roleplaying, or a combination of the above?
Roleplaying>Hack & Slash>Puzzle solving
That is the order
16. Are your Players restricted to particular rulebooks and supplements, or will you be allowing access to non-standard material? What sources can Players use for their characters?
Dragon counts as homebrew run it by me.
Avatar by Kymme
New to pbp not new to DMing.
Last edited by Eisen_Hammer : 10-07-2012 at 08:11 PM.