New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 38 of 46 FirstFirst ... 1328293031323334353637383940414243444546 LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,140 of 1370
  1. - Top - End - #1111
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: By the Inferior Science of our Enemies: Gramarie Mark II

Is this broken?

Energy Routing.
    Every living creature has an ebb reserve equal to its HD multiplied by its constitution modifier. Through some effects, ebbs can be rerouted, and leave a creatures reserve. Once this reserve is less than full, a creature becomes fatigued. If the creature is missing half or more of its total reserve, it becomes exhausted. If a creature’s reserve is empty, it becomes staggered.
    Creatures regenerate ebbs at a rate of their constitution modifier per hour. On a Successful Autohypnosis check, this amount is doubled.
    As a free action you can reroute up to one ebb per two class levels from your reserve to any gramarical machine that can receive puissance. You must be either touching the machine, or touching Heuristic circuit connected to the machine. You can also choose to release the ebbs safely into the air, or pressurize them and release them violently, dealing damage 1d4 damage per two ebbs to yourself and all creatures within a 5ft radius, plus 5ft per 8 ebbs.

Energy Extraction:
    As a full round action you can attempt to drain a creature’s energy for your own use. You may target up to one living subject per two class levels, each with a HD of no larger than your class level +int mod, within a range of 90 ft.
    Begin by making a Psicraft check. If the target is not willing, it is allowed a Will save (DC 10+ 1/2 class level +int mod). If the save beats the DC, or is higher than your initial Psicraft check, the target resists and the attempt is wasted.
    If the target fails to resist, you drain ebbs from the target equal to your initial Psicraft check/5, and gain the same amount of ebbs to your reserve. By taking successive full round actions with concentration, you can continue the effect, making a new Psicraft check each round. Each Psicraft check must be higher than the target’s will save +1/round after the first.

Energy Generation:
    You gain the ability to route ebbs from your body As a full round action you regenerate a number of ebbs to your reserve equal to your Psicraft check/5.

EDIT: What about this?

Puissemantic Sequencing.
    You can spend a full round action to pressurize the energy inside you, to expend at once in a glorious maneuver known as a Puissemantic Sequence. You gain the ability to sequence 1 round at level 5, and an additional round every 5 levels after. To prepare a one round of a sequence, expend 5 ebbs from your reserve, take a full round action, and state exactly what you will do with your sequenced round. If any action becomes impossible, such as a target having moved out of range, the action is wasted. If you are capable of longer sequences, you may take a successive full round action each round, following the same process, until you have reached your maximum sequenced rounds, or choose to activate the sequence. At the beginning of your next turn, after finishing sequence preparation, you may either play out the predefined turns as a single free action, or cancel the sequence, losing the preparation. You may take your turn normally after playing out the sequence.
    Last edited by qazzquimby; 2013-12-05 at 11:32 PM.

2. - Top - End - #1112
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by qazzquimby View Post
    Is this broken?

Energy Routing.
    Every living creature has an ebb reserve equal to its HD multiplied by its constitution modifier. Through some effects, ebbs can be rerouted, and leave a creatures reserve. Once this reserve is less than full, a creature becomes fatigued. If the creature is missing half or more of its total reserve, it becomes exhausted. If a creature’s reserve is empty, it becomes staggered.
    Creatures regenerate ebbs at a rate of their constitution modifier per hour. On a Successful Autohypnosis check, this amount is doubled.
    As a free action you can reroute up to one ebb per two class levels from your reserve to any gramarical machine that can receive puissance. You must be either touching the machine, or touching Heuristic circuit connected to the machine. You can also choose to release the ebbs safely into the air, or pressurize them and release them violently, dealing damage 1d4 damage per two ebbs to yourself and all creatures within a 5ft radius, plus 5ft per 8 ebbs.

Energy Extraction:
    As a full round action you can attempt to drain a creature’s energy for your own use. You may target up to one living subject per two class levels, each with a HD of no larger than your class level +int mod, within a range of 90 ft.
    Begin by making a Psicraft check. If the target is not willing, it is allowed a Will save (DC 10+ 1/2 class level +int mod). If the save beats the DC, or is higher than your initial Psicraft check, the target resists and the attempt is wasted.
    If the target fails to resist, you drain ebbs from the target equal to your initial Psicraft check/5, and gain the same amount of ebbs to your reserve. By taking successive full round actions with concentration, you can continue the effect, making a new Psicraft check each round. Each Psicraft check must be higher than the target’s will save +1/round after the first.

Energy Generation:
    You gain the ability to route ebbs from your body As a full round action you regenerate a number of ebbs to your reserve equal to your Psicraft check/5.

EDIT: What about this?

Puissemantic Sequencing.
    You can spend a full round action to pressurize the energy inside you, to expend at once in a glorious maneuver known as a Puissemantic Sequence. You gain the ability to sequence 1 round at level 5, and an additional round every 5 levels after. To prepare a one round of a sequence, expend 5 ebbs from your reserve, take a full round action, and state exactly what you will do with your sequenced round. If any action becomes impossible, such as a target having moved out of range, the action is wasted. If you are capable of longer sequences, you may take a successive full round action each round, following the same process, until you have reached your maximum sequenced rounds, or choose to activate the sequence. At the beginning of your next turn, after finishing sequence preparation, you may either play out the predefined turns as a single free action, or cancel the sequence, losing the preparation. You may take your turn normally after playing out the sequence.
    Are those meant to be new principles for that discipline you were talking about or a replacement for the principles from pussi... something thingy...?

Also, Gramarie now has races! That I'm one hundred percent sure are highly unbalanced
    Still need to fill in the flavor though...
    Spoiler: Old Avatar by Aruius
    Show
    http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q56/Zeritho/Koboldbard.png

3. - Top - End - #1113
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Vessels are indeed destroyed, and pretty much useless after being cracked. That would be true if space was finite. Fortunately we have both infinitely large planes, and the wonders of subspaces to hold our Vessels in. As an interesting side note, the fact that Vessels can exist inside subspaces means that subspaces are not created, but somehow called upon. Perhaps people could find the ruins of an ancient used subspace.
    That makes sense. I was thinking more along the lines of a monoplanar existance instead of multiplanar, which get rid of my problem

Two other questions:

Can Vessels be moved to another location, or do they just stay where they settle? If you can move them, then they can be useful to collect for later uses.

Are there any underlying problems with existing Gramarie and/or branches of science/natural philosophy that haven't been given a gramarie discipline? I haven't had time to read through all the pages to sort out things, and I am not always sure what is being worked on and what is simmering on the back burner, so if anyone has some low level problems they want some input on, I can do so. I have not done much design, but I think I can offer some ideas, and explaining things to the new guy can help the designers figure out bugs as well.

4. - Top - End - #1114

Good to know I'm not the only one who can't spell or pronounce it.

I'm turning the discipline into a full gramariecombat base class. While balance is sketchy, it looks like a lot of fun so far. It gets Arts of war too.

I think it's ok if all the races are equally over powered. Balanced races are generally really boring, since if they do anything fun they get a level adjustment.

If everyone's overpowered...

No one is.

Assimilation: Whenever an Erina eats the corpse of a creature that has died within 1 hour, randomly pick one ability score that creature had over 11. Until the Erina uses this ability again, that ability gets a +2 bonus.
    For how long? Does it stack forever making a battle field into an unkillable bird party?

This probably isn't the case, but I'd really like it if they were just intelligent birds, rather than bird-like people.

Why are Ferix's large?

I'm imagining Reshar like living warforged, is that accurate? Can they have any shape since theyre so Biolurgical?

Xendrik are amazing. The more I read this the more I want to play.

5. - Top - End - #1115

Good to know I'm not the only one who can't spell or pronounce it.
    Yeah.

I'm turning the discipline into a full gramariecombat base class. While balance is sketchy, it looks like a lot of fun so far. It gets Arts of war too.
    Ok, I'll give it a look over.

I think it's ok if all the races are equally over powered. Balanced races are generally really boring, since if they do anything fun they get a level adjustment.

If everyone's overpowered...

No one is.
    Yeah "Syndrome logic" is sorta the basis of my balancing.

For how long? Does it stack forever making a battle field into an unkillable bird party?
    It lasts permanently "Until the Erina uses the ability again". Since it ends when you use the ability, you can only have one +2 from it at a time.

This probably isn't the case, but I'd really like it if they were just intelligent birds, rather than bird-like people.
    Lets just say they aren't humanoid.... And they don't have arms.... Technically

Why are Ferix's large?
    I was reading elder evils the day I thought of them. Giant aquatic snake was sorta stuck in my head. Though it might make them too good at grappling...

I'm imagining Reshar like living warforged, is that accurate? Can they have any shape since theyre so Biolurgical?
    They are like warforged, looking like a mix between Warforged and The Collectors. Sadly, no they can't take any shape. Only move between those modes...

Though... racial feats and prc's could add in new modes to a character....

Xendrik are amazing. The more I read this the more I want to play.

They came from a cavern plane(t) where ur gravity is wherever u say it is so I was able to have a fair amount of fun with their biology.

Also SPIDERS *Squee*
    Last edited by Milo v3; 2013-12-06 at 12:26 AM.
    Show

6. - Top - End - #1116

A room of spiders sitting at control panels, possibly piloting something resembling a city sized steamroller.

I cannot be happy with my class until it's as nice as your Anabolist! I keep thinking it looks finished, and then I look at the Anabolist again and go back to work.

7. - Top - End - #1117

A room of spiders sitting at control panels, possibly piloting something resembling a city sized steamroller.
    Heh, don't forget that that a fair amount of them would be on the walls and ceiling
    Also... Siting would be nearly impossible...

I cannot be happy with my class until it's as nice as your Anabolist! I keep thinking it looks finished, and then I look at the Anabolist again and go back to work.

You do realize the Anabolist isn't even finished yet, right?
    Last edited by Milo v3; 2013-12-06 at 12:38 AM.
    Show

8. - Top - End - #1118

You do realize the Anabolist isn't even finished yet, right?
    Don't do this to me. Standards. So. High.

What else does it need before you declare it finished?

Edit: I have the Puissemanticist mostly made up, but it's got some deadish levels to fill. Tell me if you think of any abilities a combat gramarist should have.
    Last edited by qazzquimby; 2013-12-06 at 12:42 AM.

9. - Top - End - #1119

Don't do this to me. Standards. So. High.

What else does it need before you declare it finished?
    Don't worry, it's me filling in the empty Evolutions. It's not much... But being unoriginal makes it difficult

Edit: I have the Puissemanticist mostly made up, but it's got some deadish levels to fill. Tell me if you think of any abilities a combat gramarist should have.
    Overcharging someone with ebbs (similar to what happens with Positive energy)... umm... Hm... Acting in a manner similar to arcanodynamic transformers to punch people and deal energy damage, or blast it. Using a form of Alchmetry on your bones and skin (if you don't use it I'm turning it into an [Organic Principle] ), removing someones kinetic energy to leave them immobile and paralyzed, umm... thats all I can think of off the top of my head.
    Show

10. - Top - End - #1120

Not relevant to anything, but this would be a good picture for Xenoalchemy.

Overcharging someone with ebbs (similar to what happens with Positive energy)
    Oohh. Yes please. Also being above 1.75x max ebbs grants haste, so people could try to stabilize there, but if anything goes wrong. KABLOOIE.

Acting in a manner similar to arcanodynamic transformers to punch people and deal energy damage, or blast it.
    Turn ebbs into everything. Damage, Ac, speed. Yes. Thank you.

Using a form of Alchmetry on your bones and skin (if you don't use it I'm turning it into an [Organic Principle])
    I am so generous I will gift your idea to you Do with it as you will.

Removing someones kinetic energy to leave them immobile and paralyzed.
    I'll have to give this some thought. The ability definitely works on its own, probably as an extension of Energy Drain, but if this is possible, a wide range of other energy conversions should be possible. Also if their movement is converted into ebbs, that's something no arcanodynamic transformer can do. You could have Puissemanticists in boxes working as engines.

umm... thats all I can think of off the top of my head.
    Thank you that is more than adequate

11. - Top - End - #1121

Not relevant to anything, but this would be a good picture for Xenoalchemy.
    Cool, we should totally use this in the pdf

Also if their movement is converted into ebbs, that's something no arcanodynamic transformer can do.
    I believe there is one prc which allows for creation of movement eating arcanodynamic transformers... but I can't remember which one....
    Show

12. - Top - End - #1122

You're probably thinking of the transformer for spin. It doesn't actually stop creatures moving, it just stops them from changing direction, which is odd considering turning any joint should qualify.

13. - Top - End - #1123
    Halfling in the Playground

Chimera

Believe that is a Theory. The Theory of Kinetic Energy if we are thinking of the same thing.

14. - Top - End - #1124

You're probably thinking of the transformer for spin. It doesn't actually stop creatures moving, it just stops them from changing direction, which is odd considering turning any joint should qualify.
    Quote Originally Posted by Theseventh View Post
    Believe that is a Theory. The Theory of Kinetic Energy if we are thinking of the same thing.
    Yeah, it's The Theory of Kinetic Energy:
    Kinetomantic: A kinetomantic transformer is made from an eldrikinetic engine, and channels kinetic energy
    Show

15. - Top - End - #1125
    Ogre in the Playground

Percival, I demand that your Divinentropy's 2nd Baccalaureate principle allow for mind reading. If you do, than I might have a design in mind that will allow for some pretty interesting Gramarie. If you can make this, I believe I can make the perfect robes of a Master Gramarist... Maybe even artifact level Gramarie

Yes... Heuristicism and Divinentropy... Two of the potentially most deadly combinations
    Last edited by Arcanist; 2013-12-06 at 01:53 AM.
    Larloch, The Shadow King (w/ Ioun Stones) avatar by Iron Penguin

16. - Top - End - #1126

Arcanist, no view on the races?
    Show

17. - Top - End - #1127
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Milo v3 View Post
    Arcanist, no view on the races?
    Didn't even notice them actually I'll get right on it.

EDIT:

The Cora Space Humans... Interesting With Gramarie, I always just assumed that the default assumption was that everyone was human. The Cora don't exactly fit that image, however I don't expect them to. I expect them to be space humans and they sort of fit that bill fairly well. They are flexible, however they are Humans that are infected with Gramarie. Give them the Gramarie subtype since Psychomantic transmitters were forced into their minds at a very early stage of their evolution (and obviously Human subtype). This species seems very... "Elan" like and I like that. As a favor to me, would you have a problem tripling their lifespans? No reason why, I just believe that races of gramarie should be naturally long lived

The Erina

When I imagine these guys, I think of the Yagudo. I think these fellows should be more "raptor" like. No fly speed, just highly athletic. The consummation of flesh should be more a spiritual thing. It is not the consummation of flesh that grants them their abilities, it is their beliefs. I see a strong people here. Do not defile them

Moving on to the topic of sub species: Perhaps split the caste system into three and have it reflect a Indian lifestyle. Warrior caste, Priest caste and the Pariah caste. Make them perhaps not as long lived, giving them the standard Human lifespan.

The Ferix

Blind, Snake giants... I like them. While I don't much care for the idea of these species being blind to the absolute. I do believe that they should be Light sensitive to the extreme, granting them darkvision. I'm unfamiliar with their homeworld, but I'd imagine that having it orbit a Jovian planet wouldn't be too problematic (meaning that their homeworld can be very similar to one of the Moons of Jupiter or Saturn). Their base landspeed is far too low for a creature of their size (it should be 40ft with a swim speed, I expect their home planet to be Water world). I don't understand why they have Glimmering skin like Edward from Twilight and I'd imagine that their Blindsight would extend even outside of the water. These creatures should be Amphibious and I can imagine them having Dwarf lifespans.

The Nordae

I have no idea what the idea behind these guys is... Space Gnomes? Time Gnomes? Whatever. These guys seem a little too weird for my taste. I don't think any species in any setting should have access to anything regarding time. Hell, even a discipline that allows for Time travel should only be on the levels of the theoretical.

The Reshar

I've no complaints against these guys. In fact, keep these guys the same... And make them ageless... These guys are better versions of Warforged. If I might throw the crazy stick in and suggest that these guys be given a single point of essentia, that they can allocate once per day to change their mode?

The Xendrik

What is with you and these strange land speed movements? Decrease the climb speed by 10ft and increase the land speed by 10ft. When I imagine these people, I imagine spider legs... Interesting people and female only. Make the male spawn last only about a day before expiring and have them only be able to produce only so many in a single day. I'd totally go the extra mile and make these girls Psionic and give them the option use their PP to produce spawn. Might be a better balancing factor.

Generally, I like these races. None of them are too dark and none of them are too evil. All of them are fairly neutral and can pick and choose whatever alignment they believe best suits them as an individual. Well done.
    Last edited by Arcanist; 2013-12-06 at 02:34 AM.

18. - Top - End - #1128

NecromancerGuy

Just a disclaimer or two: I've never properly worked with Gramarie before and Puissancy will not clash with the Puissemanticist.

Here are some basic ideas:
    The class can 'materialise' puissance for a round, allowing it to be sent through eldrikinetic engines or carried from place to place. This puissance is never lost: circuits made with it have 100% efficiency.

This class can permanently 'solidify' puissance into a material that can be made into an Arcadodynamic transformer, biostructure & ascended material, among other things. This puissance is also 'renewable', meaning that after it is applied to a purpose it is not expended.

This class can create components that modify puissance in many ways, including the following:
    Allowing puissance entering the component to be emitted twice, once during he same round and once again the next round.
    Allowing puissnace to be simultaneously applied to multiple components within a heuristic circuit.
    Rules for Luck
    A (failed) Shadowcaster fix
    The Sangolu: mixing D&D's greatest foes
    Gestalt theurgy

When referring to Vaarsuvius, I (try to) use they/them/their/theirs/themself. Just my preference.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Rolep
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDragonmaster
    60>80
    This, I feel, deserves a quote on its own.
    RAI trumps RAW on this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by anonymous
    Isn't it annoying when the cocky one is actually right?

19. - Top - End - #1129
    Ogre in the Playground

Milo, explain the concept of your Dragons. I might merge them with the Jerallian Dragon. It doesn't appear that there are any methods by which to "evolve" into the next stage of the Horizon Dragontm

20. - Top - End - #1130

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanist View Post
    The Cora Space Humans... Interesting With Gramarie, I always just assumed that the default assumption was that everyone was human. The Cora don't exactly fit that image, however I don't expect them to. I expect them to be space humans and they sort of fit that bill fairly well. They are flexible, however they are Humans that are infected with Gramarie. Give them the Gramarie subtype since Psychomantic transmitters were forced into their minds at a very early stage of their evolution (and obviously Human subtype). This species seems very... "Elan" like and I like that. As a favor to me, would you have a problem tripling their lifespans? No reason why, I just believe that races of gramarie should be naturally long lived
    Technically they are like 3% elan. Though I'm unsure about giving them the Gramarie subtype, as the transmitters in FH were based on reverse engineering their brains, rather than transmitters being placed inside of them.

Also, their current lifespan causes them to have a max age of 143. Compared to Human that's a 23.07692307692308% longer lifespan, which I think is long enough to make a different, but short enough to be realistic. Races with ridiculously long lives make me abit skittish...

Is 23% more too short?

The Erina

When I imagine these guys, I think of the Yagudo. I think these fellows should be more "raptor" like. No fly speed, just highly athletic. The consummation of flesh should be more a spiritual thing. It is not the consummation of flesh that grants them their abilities, it is their beliefs. I see a strong people here. Do not defile them

Moving on to the topic of sub species: Perhaps split the caste system into three and have it reflect a Indian lifestyle. Warrior caste, Priest caste and the Pariah caste. Make them perhaps not as long lived, giving them the standard Human lifespan.
    Hmm... Might go back and make them more spiritual, as it would give them more depth than the warmongering scavengers they are right now.

I was personally unsure about the fly speed, it seems rather powerful. But I want the wings to have some sorta effect.

As for that image. Nah, too sterotypical for my taste. Big ravens with two tails that can be used as arms because of tendrils at their ends is how I've sort of always pictured them. Might change it... But I don't really wanna...

Finally, in regards to lifespan they have a max age of 83. Should I extend it?

The Ferix

Blind, Snake giants... I like them. While I don't much care for the idea of these species being blind to the absolute. I do believe that they should be Light sensitive to the extreme, granting them darkvision. I'm unfamiliar with their homeworld, but I'd imagine that having it orbit a Jovian planet wouldn't be too problematic (meaning that their homeworld can be very similar to one of the Moons of Jupiter or Saturn). Their base landspeed is far too low for a creature of their size (it should be 40ft with a swim speed, I expect their home planet to be Water world). I don't understand why they have Glimmering skin like Edward from Twilight and I'd imagine that their Blindsight would extend even outside of the water. These creatures should be Amphibious and I can imagine them having Dwarf lifespans.
    Firstly, their homeplane is a huge ocean (though it does have some bleeding earth and fire elements) with most of the light being heavily filtered from a frozen exterior.

Their baseland speed is based on the fact that they lack legs and didn't walk around until after contact with other species

The glimmering skin is how they detect colour, shoot light out from the body, hits thing they are touching, light reflects back, photoreceptors on the body part detects light.

Also, how would the blind-sight work out of the water? It works through vibration.

Hmm... Amphibious would make them easier to be player characters I guess...

I disagree on the lifespan bit... Dwarves live far far far too long. And it screws with scaling time for the setting and just too many difficulties. @_@

The Nordae

I have no idea what the idea behind these guys is... Space Gnomes? Time Gnomes? Whatever. These guys seem a little too weird for my taste. I don't think any species in any setting should have access to anything regarding time. Hell, even a discipline that allows for Time travel should only be on the levels of the theoretical.
    Slave race is their original idea. Then I started to try and think why they would be discriminated against, ooh maybe everyone should have abit of the Calamity sealed inside of them... Hm.. Wonder how I'd represent something like that...

Also, closer to halflings than gnomes... Gnomes r just comic relief or tinkers and comic relief... That's boring...

The Reshar

I've no complaints against these guys. In fact, keep these guys the same... And make them ageless... These guys are better versions of Warforged. If I might throw the crazy stick in and suggest that these guys be given a single point of essentia, that they can allocate once per day to change their mode?
    Yeah, ageless is the way to go. hmm... I didn't think about essentia... It's an interesting idea, but I'm not going to add it for one reason, the races are part in a competition for PF, pathfinder doesn't have Incarnum. Otherwise I would consider it.

Hmm... Wonder how a created race would feel about using souls considering the whole "Do I have a soul" deal you see with robots... FYI, Reshar have souls.

The Xendrik
    What is with you and these strange land speed movements? Decrease the climb speed by 10ft and increase the land speed by 10ft. When I imagine these people, I imagine spider legs... Interesting people and female only. Make the male spawn last only about a day before expiring and have them only be able to produce only so many in a single day. I'd totally go the extra mile and make these girls Psionic and give them the option use their PP to produce spawn. Might be a better balancing factor.
    The movement is so they can move equally well along walls as they can on normal ground, everything in a floor to them. (U know... like spiders)

I was thinking about only a day or two, but that'd make setting their skills over and over annoying. Also... I wanted them to be able to do what wolf spiders do with their young and have them carried around on the mother.

Hmm... Could make it require PP to produce them though... and it's easier to explain than Pheromone control. Though they are going to be the masters of biollurgy, so that'll be interesting having the psions having all the organic tech.

Generally, I like these races. None of them are too dark and none of them are too evil. All of them are fairly neutral and can pick and choose whatever alignment they believe best suits them as an individual. Well done.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Rolep View Post
    SNIP
    Solid Puissance exists as Caloric (I think that's what it's called).
    Last edited by Milo v3; 2013-12-06 at 03:54 AM.
    Show

21. - Top - End - #1131

The Puissamanticist

Spoiler
    Show

Image credit to Lakandiwa

Massive thank yous to Fako, for pointing out and fixing a whole slew of problems I didn't see, and Arcanist, because he's ok.

Puissamanticists work as combat specialists and field workers. With their more aggressive abilities, and hastened machine setup, Puissamanticists can thrive in dangerous conditions.

Alignment: Puissamanticists can be any alignment, but the ability to extract the life out of people slowly drives some to evil.
    Hit Die:d10
    Starting Gold: As Wizard.
    Skill Points at 1st Level:(4 + Int modifier) x 4
    Skill Points at Each Additional Level: 4 + Int modifier

Class Skills
    The Puissamanticist's class skills are Autohypnosis (Wis), Bluff (Cha), Climb (Str), Concentration (Con), Control Shape (Wis), Craft (Int), Disable Device (Int), Diplomacy (Cha), Disguise (Cha), Escape Artist (Dex), Forgery (Int), Heal (Wis), Intimidate (Cha), Jump (Str),Knowledge (Dungeoneering) (Int), Knowledge (Local) (Int), Knowledge (Geography), Listen (Wis), Martial Lore (Int), Perform (Any) (Cha), Profession (Wis), Psicraft (Int), Search (Int), Sense Motive (Wis), Sleight of Hand (Dex), Spot (Wis) Survival (Wis), Tumble (Dex), Use Magic Device (Cha), and Use Psionic Device (Cha).

The Puissamanticist
    {table=head]Level|BAB|Fort|Ref|Will|Special |
    Principles
    |
    Spontaneous Preparations
    |
    Routed Ebbs per Round

1st|+1|+0|+0|+2| Puissance reserve, puissance routing, military science|
    |
    |

2nd|+2|+0|+0|+3| Art of war, puissance extraction|
    |
    |

3rd|+3|+1|+1|+3|Expedient conversions|
    |
    |

4th|+4|+1|+1|+4|Puissance generation, overclock (+1)|
    |
    |

5th|+5|+1|+1|+4|Art of war, puissamantic sequence (1 round)|
    |
    |

6th|+6/+1|+2|+2|+5|Improved routing|
    |
    |

7th|+7/+2|+2|+2|+5|Magisterial principles|
    |
    |

8th|+8/+3|+2|+2|+6|Art of war, defensive conversions, overclock (+2)|
    |
    |

9th|+9/+4|+3|+3|+6|Careful release|
    |
    |

10th|+10/+5|+3|+3|+7|Puissamantic sequence (2 rounds)|
    |
    |
    |

11th|+11/+6/+1|+3|+3|+7|Art of war, aggresive conversions|
    |
    |
    |

12th|+12/+7/+2|+4|+4|+8|Overclock (+3)|
    |
    |
    |

13th|+13/+8/+3|+4|+4|+8|Vampiric extraction|
    |
    |
    |

14th|+14/+9/+4|+4|+4|+9|Art of war|
    |
    |
    |

15th|+15/+10/+5|+5|+5|+9|Doctorate principles, puissamantic sequence (3 rounds)|
    |
    |
    |

16th|+16/+11/+6/+1|+5|+5|+10|Overclock (+4)|
    |
    |
    |

17th|+17/+12/+7/+2|+5|+5|+10|Art of war|
    |
    |
    |

18th|+18/+13/+8/+3|+6|+6|+11|-|
    |
    |
    |

19th|+19/+14/+9/+4|+6|+6|+11|Unrestrained release|
    |
    |
    |

20th|+20/+15/+10/+5|+6|+6|+12|Art of war, puissamantic sequence (4 rounds), overclock (+5)|
    |
    |
    |
    [/table]

Weapon and Armour Proficiencies: As a puissamanticist you are proficient with all simple and martial weapons, as well as light and medium armour. You are proficient with all shields aside from tower shields.

Puissance Reserve: All creatures with a con score have an ebb reserve equal to half their maximum HP. While effects that modify this are rare, tampering with this reserve at all has drastic effects on the creature in question. Should a creature's reserve rise or drop, consult the table below to determine the effect the change has:

{table=head]Reserve Total|Effect
    Empty|The creature is Staggered.
    1 to 1/2 Full|The creature is Exhausted.
    1/2 Full to Full - 1|The creature is Fatigued.
    Full|No Effect.
    Full + 1 or higher|The creature gains Fast Healing 1.
    1.5 * Full or higher|The creature gains Regeneration 1 (no vulnerability)
    1.75 * Full or higher|The creature gains Haste
    2 * Full or higher|The creature explodes in a shower of gore, dealing 1d4 damage per two ebbs in their reserve to all creatures within an area. Area is 5 ft, plus 5 ft for every 8 ebbs the creature contained.
    [/table]

For higher values, the bonuses are cumulative, so a creature with 1.8 times their full reserve would have Fast Healing 1, Regeneration 1 and Haste. If a creature is below their normal full reserve, they regain a number of ebbs per hour of rest equal to their Constitution modifier (minimum 1), or double that with a DC 15 Autohypnosis check. If a creature is above their normal full reserve, they lose ebbs each round equal to their constitution modifier (minimum 1) or the amount they have over their normal full reserve, whichever is less.

Puissance Routing: Living creatures, like machines, only work while powered. While the idea of treating a creature like a battery is apocryphal to most who study Gramarie, you have learned to tap into these self-restoring batteries. As a swift action you can reroute ebbs from your reserve to any gramarical machine that can receive puissance. The number of ebbs you can route per turn is noted on the table above.

Alternatively, you can receive up to the same number of ebbs from any gramarical machine. In either case, you must be either touching the machine, or touching a Heuristic circuit connected to the machine. You can also choose to release the ebbs safely into the air, or pressurize them and release them violently, dealing 1d4 damage per two ebbs to all other creatures within a 5ft radius of you, plus 5ft per 8 ebbs (Reflex 1/2, DC = 10 + 1/2 Your Puissamanticist level + Your Con Modifier). You take half of the damage dealt this way.

Principles of Gramarie: At 1st level, and again whenever indicated on your class table, you learn a new principle. Principles are supernatural (Su) abilities which bend or break the laws of physics, but not quite in the same way that most magic does. Principles can be used whenever you have the time, materials and inclination; they are effectively usable at-will if you are in an appropriate situation. Principles come in three grades: Baccalaureate, Magisterial, and Doctorate. You gain access to these higher grade principles as shown on your class table. Once you achieve the Doctorate level (at your 15th class level) you may refer to yourself as a doctor of your that discipline. You cannot put off learning a principle; if you do not qualify for one when you would otherwise receive it, it's lost. If a principle is marked [Specialist], it can only be learned by a specialist in that discipline.

A principle is not cast, it is prepared. By preparing a principle multiple times, you can change the volume or size of the target affected. For example, if a principle targets 1 cubic foot of material, by preparing it twice (and thus spending twice as long on it) you could target 2 cubic feet of the material instead. A special case is made for bubbles, which are spherical effects. For more information on the size of bubbles, refer to the miscellaneous section at the end of this document.

If a principle requires materials, you need extra materials every time you prepare it. You can also improve a principle later on my adding more materials to it (if applicable) and by spending more time on it. This also forces you to make a new skill check on it. You may choose to use Spellcraft as the skill to prepare a principle instead of the discipline key skill, but you take a -10 penalty on the check. In the same vein, you can take 20 on key skill checks made to prepare a principle, but you can never take 10 on them. Bear in mind that taking 20 means taking 20 times as long as you normally would, which for gramarie can be very long indeed. To prepare a principle you must be within range of touch of the structure or object or location on which you are setting the principle for the duration of the preparation.

If multiple users of gramarie know the same principle, they can work simultaneously on the same project. For example, two puissamanticists could prepare the same principle at the same time, and the principle would count as having been prepared twice. Later a third puissamanticist who also knows that principle could show up and prepare it again, and the principle would then have been prepared three times. A puissamanticist can choose to 'lock' a principle that has been prepared, meaning that only he can continue work on it later. Bypassing the lock requires making a key skill check (based on the discipline) which beats the principle's current skill check by 5 or more.

Military Science: Your gramaric training is narrow but focused. You an only learn principles from arcanodynamics (ARCD), eldrikinetics (ELDK), kaleidomantics (KALD) and puissamantics (YGGD). However, due to your focus on battlefield practicality, you can learn principles with the [Military Science] tag. At 1st level you are not treated as a specialist in any discipline.

Specialization: All initiates of gramarie tend to gravitate towards one discipline or another; at 1st level you must pick one discipline to specialize in. You gain a competence bonus of half your class level on the key skill of your chosen discipline, and can select principles from that discipline which are marked with the [Specialist] tag. A specialist cannot select any doctorate-level principles from other fields of study than their specialization.

You can choose "general studies" as your specialization, in which case you have chosen to major in "the universe". These gramarists are known as universalists, and while their guidance counselors might say they lack direction, they actually know exactly what they're doing. A universalist can select specialist principles from any discipline, but only when they gain access to the next grade of principles. They can never select doctorate-level specialist principles. They can, however, learn any non-specialist doctorate-level principle once they gain access to that grade. If you are a universalist, you also never qualify for prestige classes or other venues that require specialization.

A universalist adds this competence bonus to Knowledge (architecture and engineering) checks.

Art of War:You learn to improvise uses out of the principles you know. Every principle has an associated art of war which you can learn once you know the corresponding principle. Arts of war which permit a saving throw have a DC of 10 + half your class level + your Wisdom modifier. Arts of war are extraordinary abilities unless indicated otherwise in the particular entry. A list of Arts of War can be found here.

Puissance Extraction: As a standard action you can attempt to drain a creature’s energy for your own use. You may target up to one living subject per two class levels, each with a HD of no larger than your class level + Wis modifier, within a range of 90 ft.

If the target is not willing, it is allowed a Will save (DC 10 + 1/2 class level + Wis modifier). On a successful save, the attempt is wasted.

If the target fails to resist, you drain ebbs from the target equal to your class level/4 (minimum 1), and gain the same amount of ebbs to your reserve. By spending a move action, you may maintain concentration and continue the effect, although the target is allowed a new Will save each round, with a successive +1 bonus to their save for each round after the first.

Spontaneous Preparations:A Puissamanticist can prepare principles in advance to cast spontaneously as a standard action. At third level you may store one principle at a time, and every two levels afterwards you can store an additional. Storing a principle is identical to preparing a principle, except no target is required at the time of storage. Instead a target is decided at the time of the spontaneous preparation. If a principle would take up space, such as a kaliedomantic filter, the principle can not target an occupied space. If a gramaric machine is prepared within reach of a nearby circuit, it can be connected to the circuit as part of the preparation. In addition to this, you can mentally ready principles while you sleep. You may ready principles during sleep as if you were awake.

Expedient Conversions:By sacrificing up to half your class level in ebbs per round, you may five times that number to your speed in feet. This bonus is removed at the start of your next turn.

Puissance Generation: Your training in energy manipulation has taught you how to boost your own regeneration levels. You can regenerate a number of ebbs equal to your Con Modifier + 1/2 your Puissamanticist level as a Full-Round action.

Overclock:Puissamanticists are always working with scarce resources, and learn to squeeze as much potential out of everything they work with. Whenever you prepare (spontaneously or otherwise) a principle that has maximum cap on how many ebbs can be supplied, you may raise that cap by 1 at fourth level, and 1 more every four levels after.

Puissamantic Sequence: You can spend a full round action to pressurize the energy inside you, to expend at once in a glorious maneuver known as a Puissamantic Sequence. You gain the ability to sequence 1 round at level 5, and an additional round every 5 levels after.

To prepare a one round of a sequence, expend 10 ebbs from your reserve, take a full round action, and state exactly what you will do with your sequenced round. You may only make move actions, and standard actions used to make spontaneous preparations during a sequence. If any action becomes impossible, such as a target having moved out of range, the action is wasted. If you are capable of longer sequences, you may take a successive full round action each round, following the same process, until you have reached your maximum sequenced rounds, or choose to activate the sequence.

At the beginning of your next turn, after finishing sequence preparation, you may either play out the predefined turns as a single free action, or cancel the sequence, losing the preparation. You may take your turn normally after playing out the sequence.

Improved Routing:You can route ebbs to and from any target within line of sight and 90ft. In addition, you can now route ebbs to willing creatures.

Defensive Conversions:By sacrificing up to half your class level in ebbs per round, you may add that number to your Armor Class. This bonus is removed at the beginning of your next turn.

Careful Release:When you would take damage from releasing pressurized puissance, you may make a Will save against 10 + the number of ebbs used.

Aggresive Conversions:By sacrificing up to half your class level in ebbs per round, you may add that number to all attack and damage rolls you make. These bonuses are removed at the beginning of your next turn.

Vampiric Extraction:When beginning to drain a creature’s energy, the target may make a Fort save against the same DC as it's Will save. If they fail, you deal damage equal to half the ebbs drained, and heal the same amount. Any health gained over your maximum is added as Temporary HP that lasts for up to one minute per point of Constitution modifier you have.

Unrestrained Release:As a full round action you can sacrifice 10 or more ebbs to release them as radiomantic waves. The waves have a radius of 5ft, plus 5ft per 10 additional ebbs sacrificed. Every creature in this may make a Fort save against a DC of 10 + 1/2 level + Wis mod, or gain one negative level. You are immune to these radiomantic waves. In addition, any time you would gain a negative level from radiomantic waves, you can instead gain 5 ebbs.
    Last edited by qazzquimby; 2014-02-15 at 05:27 PM.

22. - Top - End - #1132

Milo, explain the concept of your Dragons. I might merge them with the Jerallian Dragon. It doesn't appear that there are any methods by which to "evolve" into the next stage of the Horizon Dragontm
    They were originally from campaign settings which were annihilated in the genius of Fractured Horizons, with about maybe twenty seven dragons which survived in total (may change depending on how many settings were destroyed). Then since they existed in FH's equivalent to the big bang, they were able to breed over and over and over for generations and generations and generations before other life started to develop. This immense amount of time in addition to their shared knowledge from multiple universes allowed them to be more advanced in science than anything else.

With this knowledge they made ridiculous amounts of modifications to themselves, made servitor species, figured out how to do magic in the FH without specific training through genetic memory, and toying with the ancestors to the "Mortal" category races to see how they'd react. But they grew bored. And thus the game began.....

Technically... since Jerall is one of the settings... A Jerallian dragon could have been one (or more) of the dragons which survived the Calamity and became the FH Dragons....

But... no... There aren't really anyway to reach that level... I'd be worried about how ridiculously overpowered that would be....

There's a reason they are worshiped by some in the setting as gods

Puissemanticist
    What are it's class skills?
    Last edited by Milo v3; 2013-12-06 at 04:04 AM.
    Show

23. - Top - End - #1133
    Bugbear in the Playground

Percival, I demand that your Divinentropy's 2nd Baccalaureate principle allow for mind reading. If you do, than I might have a design in mind that will allow for some pretty interesting Gramarie. If you can make this, I believe I can make the perfect robes of a Master Gramarist... Maybe even artifact level Gramarie

Yes... Heuristicism and Divinentropy... Two of the potentially most deadly combinations
    I think that that can be arranged...
    (member in good standing of the troll-feeder's guild)

I am the assassin of productivity.

Super boss Muscle Wizard avvie by Ceika.

gitp extended sig
    minmaxboards extended sig (more stuff)

24. - Top - End - #1134

Added class skills and things. More polish will come tonight. Please critique on power. I'm kind of scared, because it's combat abilities are open ended, meaning a creative player could probably do incredible things with them.

EDIT: For instance one could charge a sequence for 3 turns at high levels, and then rush out and transvolve enemies together, each use combining two enemies, essentially removing one. That reminds me trasnvolution should really have a save to resist.

EDITEDIT: What do people think of the puissemanticist gaining spontaneous principles as if they were preparing while they slept? Like resetting spells, plus no downside to playing a sleeping race.
    Last edited by qazzquimby; 2013-12-06 at 10:46 AM.

25. - Top - End - #1135

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Milo v3
    Solid Puissance exists as Caloric (I think that's what it's called).
    It isn't solid but I take your point. That part was an afterthought and has been retracted from the class.

I'm posting a couple of potential principles below. I noticed that the Ebb-Eddies (they need a new name but school kills creativity like you wouldn't believe) work quite well with the spontaneous principles of the Puissemanticist (which I really like, BTW), especially the arm (also need a new name). The principles haven't been formatted and probably need major work, but I'm posting them to see if you think that they work and whether they go in the right direction. I also haven't decided what skill to use, so I've written '[]' for the time being. Some of the design comes from the origin of ths discipline: a mixture of Arcanodynamics, Eldrikinetics and Heuristicism, while the design of the ebb-eddies functions similarly to galactic phenomena. Finally, they both need names, durations, materials etc, but they are still in the works.

Principle 1: During the preparation of another principle, you may infuse an amount of ebbs equal to your [] check into an arcanodynamic transformer, eldrikinetic engine or heuristic circuit. This infusion overlaps with any previous infusion provided (effectively, only the highest infusion that the component has received is used). If the principle to be infused was not prepared by the same person as the preparer of this principle, the preparer of this principle’s [] check must exceed the check made to prepare the principle to be infused.
    Arcanodynamic Transformer: If the transformer is an input transformer, whenever it produces ebbs due to physical conditions in the net (i.e. not from this ability), it produces an identical number of ebbs one round after, with a maximum equal to the number of ebbs infused into the transformer. If the transformer is an output transformer, whenever it provides its output, it provides its output again the next round as if an identical number of ebbs had been transformed within it, with a maximum equal to the number of ebbs infused in the transformer.
    Eldrikinetic Engine: Whenever the engine activates, it activates again one round after as if an identical number of ebbs had been supplied to it, with a maximum equal to the number of ebbs infused into the engine.
    Heuristic Circuit: Whenever the circuit transfers ebbs to a component, it supplies the component with an identical number of ebbs the next round, with a maximum equal to the number of ebbs infused into the circuit. These ebbs do not need to come from a source; they are drawn from the circuit itself.

At any time, the preparer of this principle may expend the infused ebbs, removing any benefit that the principle that they were infused in gained from their infusion, but providing the additional benefits detailed below. The preparer of this principle must either be touching the infused principle or within the bubble of a heuristic circuit connected to the infused principle to activate this effect.
    Arcanodynamic Transformer: If the transformer is an input transformer, it produces extra ebbs equal to the number of ebbs infused. If the transformer is an output transformer, it provides its output as if the number of ebbs infused has been applied to it.
    Eldrikinetic Engine: The engine activates as if the number of ebbs infused has been applied to it.
    Heuristic Circuit: The circuit is immediately supplied a number of ebbs equal to the number of ebbs infused, which it transfers to any component within its bubble. If multiple components are within its bubble, determine randomly where the ebbs are supplied, unless someone is controlling the circuit or it is an E.I., in which case the allocation of the ebbs may be decided appropriately.

Principle 2: This principle allows the puissancer to create ebb-eddies. These are structures that manipulate ebbs in unusual ways. This principle allows two ebb-eddies to be created: the loop and the arm.
    Loop: When this principle is prepared, the duration for which it stores ebbs is set. This duration can be anything between one round and permanent, in one-round increments. When a number of ebbs equal to or less than the [] check made to create the loop, these ebbs are stored in the loop for the entirely of the set duration, after which they are once more available as they were before.
    Arm: This ebb-eddy may be ‘placed’ between two components. Any ebbs supplied directly between the two components (such as through a heuristic circuit, but not if there is a ‘middle-man’ third component that the ebbs pass through, like a loop ebb-eddy) are sucked into orbit within the arm. Effectively, they are lost from the emitter but not supplied to the collector, instead adding their total to the number of ebbs within the arm. These ebbs cannot be accessed by any normal means: only effects that specify that they can access ebbs in an arm can access them. An arm can never hold more ebbs than the [] check made to create it. No more than two arms may be placed between any pair of components. Should an arm surpass the maximum limits of ebbs or should more than two arms be placed between any two components, the arms and all of the ebbs contained within them are destroyed.

EDIT: I've changed loop's duration.
    Last edited by Rolep; 2013-12-06 at 03:58 PM. Reason: Improving Loop
    Rules for Luck
    Gestalt theurgy

When referring to Vaarsuvius, I (try to) use they/them/their/theirs/themself. Just my preference.
    Show
    60>80

26. - Top - End - #1136

I didnt get to read all of it (Im in class :p), but I noticed a few things.
    1. I really like it, its like metagramarie.
    2. Allowing an arcanodynamic tranformer to output twice as much energy can create infinite ebbs far too easily, and seems really overpowered to me.
    3. What is the point of loops and arms?

27. - Top - End - #1137
    Bugbear in the Playground

I can't remember... can non-Warmakers take Military Science principles?

Also, um... #Gramarie on irc.rizon.net now exists. For realtime discussionz.

And, someone should put together a gramarie primer. And go through the threads to make a FAQ on some of the more common issues.
    (member in good standing of the troll-feeder's guild)

I am the assassin of productivity.

Super boss Muscle Wizard avvie by Ceika.

gitp extended sig
    minmaxboards extended sig (more stuff)

28. - Top - End - #1138

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by qazzquimby
    I really like it, its like metagramarie.
    Thanks!

Allowing an arcanodynamic tranformer to output twice as much energy can create infinite ebbs far too easily, and seems really overpowered to me.
    Even though the extra ebbs are emitted the round after, and the principle doesn't stack with itself... *realises something and hurriedly checks wording* *** I forgot to specify that it doesn't function on ebbs that it produces because of this principle. Will change. Have changed, hopefully.

What is the point of loops and arms?
    Loops set up a limited time delay, like a short life battery, and since it can be prepared multiple times its duration can be extended. I'm thinking of changing the duration to a minute, though. What do you think of that?
    As for Arms, they function as a method of sabotage that is especially effective in the hands of spontaneous preparations, which allow it to break up a foe's contraptions as an attack (like a gramaric dispel magic).
    Last edited by Rolep; 2013-12-06 at 02:09 PM.
    Rules for Luck
    Gestalt theurgy

Show
    60>80

29. - Top - End - #1139

a minute of duration would have a really low transfer rate, or it would explode. Maybe make it so you can choose a duration?

Is there a constructive use of arms as well as a destructive use? What can take ebbs from an arm?

30. - Top - End - #1140

NecromancerGuy

a minute of duration would have a really low transfer rate, or it would explode.
    I don't follow this reasoning. It would just mean that the ebbs would be storable for up to a minute for each preparation.

Is there a constructive use of arms as well as a destructive use? What can take ebbs from an arm?
    There is currently no constructive use of arms that I can think of, though thisd could change. I'm thinking about alllowing other puissancy principles to take ebbs from an arm.
    Rules for Luck
    Gestalt theurgy

Show
    60>80