07-14-2007, 02:02 AM
Ogre in the Playground
Join Date: Dec 2006
Not in Trogland
Radikalskippy's Random Banter #85 of lost ideas and where to find them...
The Rules. You! Read these!
In order to try and keep these threads from becoming unmanageable, some rules have been created, and they accent the forum rules. Please read those first.
1. Spam. For the purposes of RB one word posts should be spam everywhere. Likewise, posts that are nothing but *actions like this* should also be considered spam. Quality of content trumps speed of response.
2. Ditch the "competition for control of the universe". It has ceased to be funny, and often branches out into little mock battles that fall into the spam definition laid out above. We've got a PbP section for fights, and even the Town has an arena, I believe.
3. If it's already a thread, don't bring it to RB. RB has such a huge range of subject matter even restricted to the little snippets that probably don't warrant their own thread, it doesn't need legitimate thread topics cluttering it up as well.
4. Stop advertising other threads in RB. Just because these new threads move at speeds more appropriate to a message board than an IM session doesn't mean you need to come over to RB and brow beat people into posting in your latest brainchild.
5. Please stop with single line posts alerting us to your current status -- as in "I'm back." This is Random Banter, not "How to stalk Random GitP forum members."
6. Do not poke, kick or bump the thread. It will move at whatever pace it wants to. Also, please refrain from Captain Obvious comments akin to "My, the thread is fast today."
7. Random Banter can only be as good, or as entertaining, as you make it. Demands to be entertained will fall on deaf ears unless you can add something more meaningful to the conversation.
8. No asking "What's the topic" or the ilk. This is *not* a conversation where you could've missed the begining, it's a forum where the current topic is nicely recorded for you. So read up a bit first.
9. Thread Creator must include the words "Random" and "Banter" as well as the thread #. Try to be concise as well.
10. Every post should contain two visible, legible complete sentences, Subject and Predicate. C'mon, make your old English teachers proud.
Anyone found breaking the rules will be sent to stand in the corner and receive a very stern talking to!
(We all have too much spare time)
This thread is for random discussion, not random chit chat. There is an IRC chat thingy
set up for that sort of thing. Not only will you not annoy the people here, you will also help increase the popularity of the IRC chat. It's win/win/win!
So I herd you liek Mudkipz by Mr. Saturn
I was a Custom Title ITP!
Lucky "Guess the Number" quote:
Originally Posted by Xykon_Fan
Great, Radikal fixed the dice...and by fixed, I mean "broke beyond repair and cheats irreparably."
Last edited by Skippy : 07-14-2007 at 02:07 AM.